What could Moore take from tonight in terms of the first team season??

4 hours ago, modboy said:

Buy that Paterson from Harrogate if we are ever allowed to spend some money.

I agree......................but apparently Hull, Barnsley, Luton, Blackpool and Swansea are all keeping tabs on him , and all a division higher,  and more crucially all able to actually spend something in terms of transfer fee`s.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

This was my overwhelming take away from tonight. Does anyone know anything about him? 

Pleased with lots of things tonight, Brennan, Waldock, Luongo and Wildsmith all did well and we took our chances. 

On ifollow they said he was mid 20s and signed from Oxford last summer. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree with the point you’re making, but it shouldn’t be any surprise that it looked like we hadn’t played together before, because many hadn’t…

Wildsmith: a handful of games all season

Back three: one just back from loan, one U23 regular, one first team fringe player (and normally further forward)

Midfield: Two players getting their second game after weeks (months?) out, the other just back from loan

That leaves four players: wing backs and up front, all in and out of the first team. None proving their worth whenever given a chance.

So it’s no surprise that we looked like a group of strangers.

Like most on here, I came away satisfied with the score and some individual performances, but relieved that we didn’t get beat. 

I was impressed with Brennan and Agbonlohoma, but how can we say the defence played well when our keeper was by far and away the motm? Probably because they were let down by the awful Brown, two wing backs that were almost as bad, and the inability of Luongo / Byers to protect the back line. We had some sound individual performances, but as a team we were seriously lacking due, in part, to the fact that the players were relative strangers.

Please go to your control panel and increase your SRS (Sarcasm Recognition Setting).

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes those 9 points from Newcastle U21, Mansfield and Harrogate have come in reyt handy.

We'd have struggled to qualify for the next round without them, never mind top the league and get a home tie

10 hours ago, modboy said:

Buy that Paterson from Harrogate if we are ever allowed to spend some money.

Never judge a player on just one game. Sure he did some great, eye-catching things but he did some crap things too so I'm not convinced he'd hold down a first-team place (at the moment I wouldn't pick him ahead of Bannan, Luongo or FDB and I'm happy enough with Wing and Adeniran (who, despite being younger, got more games for Wycombe). But Paterson's only 24 so could be one for the future.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, modboy said:

Hopefully waldock gets a loan move higher up the ladder.

Young CB needs a lot of development but he is really young. 

Older pros such as hunt and brown who were the worry imo.

Thought he put in one of the worst displays I’ve ever witnessed last night. 

Refusing to pass the ball forwards or run into space.

Getting caught in possession a few times.

Complete miss kicks.

Never realising it was his job to take the throw ins.

I was starting to think he was playing bad on a purpose so Moore doesn’t play him left CB again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I agree......................but apparently Hull, Barnsley, Luton, Blackpool and Swansea are all keeping tabs on him , and all a division higher,  and more crucially all able to actually spend something in terms of transfer fee`s.

Not specifically about him, but are we still not allowed to spend anything in January? I thought the embargo ended then?

9 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yes Wigan was a good win, but the other 3: 

Mansfield

Newcastle U21s

Harrogate

Thats no indication of us being better without Barry Bannan. We should be beating them with or without him.

You mean the 9 points we won without Bannan in the "cup" games don't count for the league....??? and in fact its just the 3 points without Bannan???

I'm f.ookin' devastated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

On 10/11/2021 at 09:58, CourteenerOwl said:

Sibon was class in a mediocre team. Bit like Bannan now lol 

Very similar... but at a higher level. 

He was the best player in the Championship in an awful team. Would've improved any other side and some in the top flight.

Bannan is one of the best in League One in a yet-to-find-its-feet team, and would improve every other side plus some in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2021 at 21:43, Salmonbones said:

Moore could take a lesson or two from the opposing manager, who not only set his side up to attack, did so quite impressively on many occasions.

They walked through our midfield and defence like it was butter at times.

Did they have better players?  Or were they just encouraged to attack more, be more offensive?

Moore is a joke of a manager - we need someone forward thinking, may I suggest someone like Weaver?!

Today we won 4-0 but looked absolutely laboured for it.

But we won 4-0. Harrogate’s all out attack left gaping holes for Wednesday to exploit, which we did very effectively. I know football is about opinions, but in your assessment one manager is a “Joke” and the other some master tactician. You’ve got it the wrong way round. The “joke” manager’s tactics won the game comfortably. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1