Hillsborough Stadium Upgrade

On this sort of topic... I’ve recently been going to the fit owls that’s hosted at the stadium and the training recently has been done on the south stands concours, when it’s empty you realise how horrible, run down and un clean it is. 

Your trainers stick to the floor whilst walking, I put my hand on a bar shelf thing (where you rest your drinks whilst standing) and my hand stuck to it. The floor doesn’t look like it’s been swept / mopped or the sides wiped down in months and I thought we were supposed to be all ultra hygienic at the moment. 

the walls where they’ve taken posted frames down from and just left big holes or ripped off the plaster where they’ve used silicone / glue to hold them up. 

when walking round the pitch side the empty bottles and wrappers, weeds growing down at pitch level it’s just rundown mess. 

I’ve thought about this for the past 3 weeks whilst being there on a Monday night, I know the lady has just retired but was she the only one who did anything?

also one more thing, the far right side of the south stand (closest to score board) there is an “in” for the ladies toilet.... is there any out?? Is that where you go and never return?

next time your at Hillsboro ugh and on the south just look up and down and you’ll see what I mean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember being told by someone at the club that they'd looked at it, but it wasn't possible as it would make the wind swirl round and dry the pitch out

Well other clubs manage it..why dosnt the wind swirl round the stain?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, apswfc said:

On this sort of topic... I’ve recently been going to the fit owls that’s hosted at the stadium and the training recently has been done on the south stands concours, when it’s empty you realise how horrible, run down and un clean it is. 

Your trainers stick to the floor whilst walking, I put my hand on a bar shelf thing (where you rest your drinks whilst standing) and my hand stuck to it. The floor doesn’t look like it’s been swept / mopped or the sides wiped down in months and I thought we were supposed to be all ultra hygienic at the moment. 

the walls where they’ve taken posted frames down from and just left big holes or ripped off the plaster where they’ve used silicone / glue to hold them up. 

when walking round the pitch side the empty bottles and wrappers, weeds growing down at pitch level it’s just rundown mess. 

I’ve thought about this for the past 3 weeks whilst being there on a Monday night, I know the lady has just retired but was she the only one who did anything?

also one more thing, the far right side of the south stand (closest to score board) there is an “in” for the ladies toilet.... is there any out?? Is that where you go and never return?

next time your at Hillsboro ugh and on the south just look up and down and you’ll see what I mean. 

I’m pretty sure what you’re describing is simply down to staffing levels. The club has lost a tremendous amount of experienced and dedicated staff over the past few years and haven’t replaced them. The following departments are run on the bare minimum - cleaners, maintenance and Groundstaff. All of these staff work tremendously hard and are dedicated to the club, but sometimes their valid opinions get ignored.