Hillsborough Stadium Upgrade

26 minutes ago, musingowl said:

This past few years I think it's really told just how desperate most of the stadium is in need of improvement.

Could have probably invested half of what we did the first 2 seasons under Chansiri into stadium improvements and still be a championship club.

Just little things like the damp/ hole in the club shop roof that pi$$es in water whenever it rains. Or the panelling in the ceiling of the lounges that looks rotten. More POS systems on the concourses. Change of lighting even.

Stuff that would cost peanuts compared to the money we wasted.

Ah well, we got a day out at Wembley and a Big Telly in the south west corner that half the stadium can't see properly.

Some of that stuff is being done slowly granted but it is getting done. main problem at Hillsborough now is how far behind it fell means upgrading a lot of the things now takes significant money and isn't just a case of let's thrown a new light bulb in it (for instance) 

• Like 1

Much rather we spent a few million on the academy set up first.   Dont get me wrong, would be nice to have the stadium updated but if we could develop the youth setup to be the best one in the county,  bringing through the best talent in the region and hopefully into the first team or selling on for megabuck ....like other teams seem to do.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

Much rather we spent a few million on the academy set up first.   Dont get me wrong, would be nice to have the stadium updated but if we could develop the youth setup to be the best one in the county,  bringing through the best talent in the region and hopefully into the first team or selling on for megabuck ....like other teams seem to do.

THIS

A decent academy would pay for a shiney new stadium within 5-10 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

I think it's far more likely we would see and get poached for next to nothing. 

18 hours ago, apswfc said:

On this sort of topic... I’ve recently been going to the fit owls that’s hosted at the stadium and the training recently has been done on the south stands concours, when it’s empty you realise how horrible, run down and un clean it is. 

Your trainers stick to the floor whilst walking, I put my hand on a bar shelf thing (where you rest your drinks whilst standing) and my hand stuck to it. The floor doesn’t look like it’s been swept / mopped or the sides wiped down in months and I thought we were supposed to be all ultra hygienic at the moment. 

the walls where they’ve taken posted frames down from and just left big holes or ripped off the plaster where they’ve used silicone / glue to hold them up. 

when walking round the pitch side the empty bottles and wrappers, weeds growing down at pitch level it’s just rundown mess. 

I’ve thought about this for the past 3 weeks whilst being there on a Monday night, I know the lady has just retired but was she the only one who did anything?

also one more thing, the far right side of the south stand (closest to score board) there is an “in” for the ladies toilet.... is there any out?? Is that where you go and never return?

next time your at Hillsboro ugh and on the south just look up and down and you’ll see what I mean. 

Tragic isn't it. I was chatting with a SWFC employee recently who said it's just a horrible place to work at the moment and has been for quite a while. The place is pretty toxic. Seems DC just lost interest and we're left to rot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Tragic isn't it. I was chatting with a SWFC employee recently who said it's just a horrible place to work at the moment and has been for quite a while. The place is pretty toxic. Seems DC just lost interest and we're left to rot.

Yes this actually corroborates what a close friend who's done some work for the club tells me. (he did get paid). One long serving employee of the club told him the atmosphere was the worst they had ever know it. To buy half a dozen light bulbs meant a phone call to Thailand. I just wish some of our fans would wake up and realise that the club has a very severe terminal illness which has been diagnosed as Chansiritis. You have all been warned. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was told on the stadium tour a few years back that Chansiri had visited several sites and selected two as potential locations for a new stadium should we reach and remain in the Premier League.

Preferred location supposedly "between J34 and 35 of the M1. 

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Yes this actually corroborates what a close friend who's done some work for the club tells me. (he did get paid). One long serving employee of the club told him the atmosphere was the worst they had ever know it. To buy half a dozen light bulbs meant a phone call to Thailand. I just wish some of our fans would wake up and realise that the club has a very severe terminal illness which has been diagnosed as Chansiritis. You have all been warned. 

People don't believe it

They say you're stirring it or trying to cause trouble

Owlstalk Shop