Darren Moore "You can't throw a curtain on the season"

Guest Jack the Hat

It’s curtains for our play off chances if he stays and that’s a blanket statement. I’m off to throw some meat on the barbecue before the seagulls start following me.

Needs to go now,whilst we can still salvage something if we have any  ambition at all,to salvage something from this season.

let Thommo or Bullen take charge if necessary,with an instruction to play 442 and to  play players who are meriting it(on attitude,fitness,and availability) in their correct positions...

We could(and should) be steam rolling these sides(as Rotherham with players sales,injurys etc are doing) to the extent that we could even soak up the GK gaffs we are sadly used to at S6

Best 11,in a settled side,with a tried and trusted systym that all understand and know.....get the ball forward into the opponents third,and get quality crosses into the box for Gregory & Patterson to get on the end of..

2 up front with Patterson playing behind....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"You can't throw a curtain on the season. There is a lot of football to be played.

We have to keep going and fighting and getting the wins on the board.

It is frustrating and I can understand the disappointment but we have to move on because we have another game on Tuesday.

The goals that are going in against us are avoidable.

Sunderland is the next opportunity to put things right"

Deluded ramblings

• Like 1

It’s his team. No where to hide. And he had half of last season to assess it. For whatever reason it just isn’t working. No nice bloke, but I think the jobs too big for him I’ve tried to back him but it’s a results business. DC has backed him and if I were him I wouldn’t back him in January. As a result, he has only one decision to make. 

An astute appointment now and we cruise into the playoffs and will probably have momentum behind us. Plenty of time left, but Moore has had enough time to either put it right or show it’s going in the right direction. Managers never come back from this position or popularity in the fanbase. It just doesn’t happen. 

• Like 3

Three is indeed a lot of football to be played - more opportunities to treat opponents like Real Madrid, chuck points away, concede sill late goals and cement our place in middtable.

If the squad was a poor one the above would be understandable, but it’s fairly decent which is what makes this so frustrating.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s his team. No where to hide. And he had half of last season to assess it. For whatever reason it just isn’t working. No nice bloke, but I think the jobs too big for him I’ve tried to back him but it’s a results business. DC has backed him and if I were him I wouldn’t back him in January. As a result, he has only one decision to make. 

An astute appointment now and we cruise into the playoffs and will probably have momentum behind us. Plenty of time left, but Moore has had enough time to either put it right or show it’s going in the right direction. Managers never come back from this position or popularity in the fanbase. It just doesn’t happen. 

If I was DC I’d be looking for a replacement in the background. To see what is viable. 

Since March I’ve not seen a pattern to anything DM has done. The recruiting has been good, the talking has been good but we haven’t walked the walk. 

I don’t see DC getting rid yet though. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel. said:

If I was DC I’d be looking for a replacement in the background. To see what is viable. 

Since March I’ve not seen a pattern to anything DM has done. The recruiting has been good, the talking has been good but we haven’t walked the walk. 

Agree. Even at this early stage the playoffs look our best chance. I don’t see Moore has having the tactical nouse to get us through those. This club at present is crying out for a personality to lift it. It needs a kick up the arse. At the minute it’s bumbling along like a old Ford Mondeo towing a burger van, with honk if you bonk sticker in the back window. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank god for the 10 pts in 1st 4 games

Just the 12 pts from the next 11 games against, in the main, non-challenges as far as promotion goes. Keep this up and we will start looking over our shoulders rather than at the play offs.

It's filthy, it's making me hate football, now sod off

31 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Thank god for the 10 pts in 1st 4 games

Just the 12 pts from the next 11 games against, in the main, non-challenges as far as promotion goes. Keep this up and we will start looking over our shoulders rather than at the play offs.

It's filthy, it's making me hate football, now sod off

It’s quite staggering that I look at the table and we sit 8th! 8th…how crap is this league if we can be so bad and still in the top half…it beggars belief. It wouldn’t be unrealistic for us to be right up there given the points thrown away in the last few games.

Let’s be honest here. This is a truly awful division, an abomination of a division. If we don’t make the playoffs this season then it’ll go down as the most disastrous season in recent memory. It really is that bad

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

I don’t agree about the recruitment 

His recruitment is like he sets his teams up 

it’s all over the place. 
Too many average wide players 

Not enough defenders especially a centre half and left back 

Darren Draw did a half decent job at recruiting, and seems to have the gift of the gab, as a lot of players were convinced to come to us because of him, he also seems to have convinced DC...  Problem is the fans are seeing right through him...   We are not an awful team, in fact I think the team he has put together is very capable...  But tactically we are losing every single game, the only reason we are drawing is because we are on paper the better team...  Too many Draws has put us out of contention of automatics and we are starting to drift away from playoffs.

Maybe he needs someone as a number two with more tactic knowledge, or maybe he would make a good director of football...  Its a shame cause he seems like a really nice bloke, he just does not seem to be able to manage..

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Can we throw a curtain over Darren Moore, and then chuck him in a canal? 

I feel this is a bit extreme tbh and knowing big Darren Moore he would still be very positive even after he'd hit the water.

"That is a wonderful narrowboat..."

• Haha 1

The thing is with this season, 

I think the players are putting a shift in for the most part , and actually trying 

But tactically the way they are set up and the chopping and changing they have absolutely no idea what’s going on

its down to ******** poor management this season

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"You can't throw a curtain on the season. There is a lot of football to be played.

We have to keep going and fighting and getting the wins on the board.

It is frustrating and I can understand the disappointment but we have to move on because we have another game on Tuesday.

The goals that are going in against us are avoidable.

Sunderland is the next opportunity to put things right"

Talks more crap than a politician...sack him chansiri.