Sacking and not backing Pulis

There is one major thing to consider before talking about any of our recent manager's..... this is under Carlos we spent a lot of money on half a team. We them spent loads of money, wasting it on doubling up the same positions we didn't need to with expensive crap. Then after that because of this missmanagement we have spent peanuts.... so none after have had decent money to spend..... 

Rhodes should have come in and been our top scorer along side Fletcher..... but it didn't happen. Then we lost Fletcher and Joao and big Dave.... after that we have not signed any quality up front. This ment relegation fight.... 

Unfortunately then we had Monk who destroyed the team spirt and Pulis who wanted to play everyone on our goal line. Moore came in and ultimately showed he isn't good enough and so far has confirmed that. 

Our root problem is Chansiri,  I think he wants to do his best and hast been able to spend after the mess he made. It does feel like he's sulking now though..... the choices other than Bruce since Carlos have been disastrous..... under Bruce it wouldn't  have been pretty because of no funds but he would have got us up there in the championship. 

Need to sort the financial situation so we can buy a decent striker or two. Right now it feels like under Monk... not bad start turns to draws turns to defeats......

We now have Bannan and Iorfa looking shaky .... team looking clueless against really really poor teams.... change is needed now.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we backed Pulis in January with a striker and a left back, I don’t think we get relegated. In fact if we backed any manager in January with those two players - we stay up. 

I agree on that point, I literally agreed with that very point in a previous thread.

But what I also said it that thread, was that Pulis was never getting that money, that was obvious to everyone.

He didn't know what he was taking on, that was fairly obvious from his first few press conferences and it wasn't a total shock when we parted company with him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, katie melua said:

A Tony Pulis side does not have a weak underbelly

Liam_Baggies and Baggiehy will be wetting themselves with laughter on that one.

Now where's that Huddersfield Town v West Bromwich Albion game they fondly remember 

Think I remember Liam actually endorsing Pulis as Wednesday manager.

Guest LondonOwl313
11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we backed Pulis in January with a striker and a left back, I don’t think we get relegated. In fact if we backed any manager in January with those two players - we stay up. 

When you consider that if we’d just beat Derby we’d have stayed up in the end.. all we actually needed was a fully fit Iorfa instead of Dunkley as he wouldn’t have given the penalty away

4 hours ago, 83owl said:

It’s a shame Pulis isn’t here now. He would have had free reign over the summer, would have been exciting to see a squad of 22 centrebacks all wondering which 9 of them would get to play the next match. 

At least we would get centre backs at centre-back!

lol

I think hiring Pulis must go up there as one of the biggest mistakes ever made by Wednesday.

At least the Chairman rectified it quickly, but not sure he had a clue what was going on.

We were honestly lucky to get 7 points from his 10 games. 2 or 3 points (draws against Coventry, Norwich, and maybe Swansea or Stoke at a push) would have been a fairer return. We scored with pretty much our only shot in some of the games like Reading, Swansea and Blackburn then were hanging on for dear life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bit like the Jos era, Monk era and the Moore era so far then.

I see a pattern emerging. 

A see a pattern most managers have been accepted by the fans.  Then soon as we hit a bad patch all the good will disappears overnight and the fans want him out.  The need for instant success is overwhelming no manager can live up to that sort of expectation.

It's such an unrealistic demand and we keep repeating the same mistake. The fans have to understand that bad results are going to happen under any regime.

Our most successful manager in the last fifty years took us down, he would have been out of the door under today's expectations.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bit like the Jos era, Monk era and the Moore era so far then.

I see a pattern emerging. 

It's funny you say that, I was trying to think of an example of someone that I would have back and also came to your conclusion. Only one from a football perspective would be Bruce (you know, the one that utterly screwed us over) which says a lot about the post '17 era.