Sacking and not backing Pulis

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Pulis got 4 points from 30.

Don't know how anyone can suggest we would have been better keeping him.

10 games isn’t enough for any manager.

He was also managing when players weren’t being paid. 

And there was still half a season to play after his sacking. Still got relegated.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Biggest mistake we’ve made.

Wouldn’t have been pretty. But fecking hell - give him 6 months and we would be able to see games out and we wouldn’t have been a soft touch.

He would have sorted out this weak mentality, not a problem. He may well have taken us down but he’s the type of character who wouldn’t have let this poo continue.

Moore should get the time to try and sort it out. But Pulis would have sorted it quicker. 

No. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No genuine question. I agree there is something deep rooted here. But what exactly is it? 

Players are seemingly being paid now. Why is the culture so wrong. 

I was talking about when Pulis was here and literally everything at the club was wrong 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

No genuine question. I agree there is something deep rooted here. But what exactly is it? 

Players are seemingly being paid now. Why is the culture so wrong. 

Cause we've got a dingbat of a manager in charge who picks his team out of a tombola and runs his formations on the latest copy of football manager.

Pulis is a good manager but we didn't have the players here he needed.

And to make matters worse, many players knew that they'd be off in the summer.

Those fans who wanted him thought that new players would come in in January, and they probably wouldn't have wanted him if they'd known that none would be signed.

Pulis is streets ahead of Moore - if Moore achieves half what he has in his career he'll have done very well.

You can make the argument that giving a man like Pulis more time makes sense, as he's been successful in the past.

As for Moore, well, the sooner he's gone, the better.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

So it’s down to the manager now and not the chairman?

The chairman is still in Thailand.

He backed his manager in the summer with 14 new signings. 

That manager is wasting most of those signings by playing this ridiculous 3-5-2 system.

The chairman is culpable for many things, but the ineptness of Moore isn't one.

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky

Right manger, wrong bloke in charge of the club.

That said, I still say Pulis came in with a preconception of DC, so it was a recipe for disaster 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The chairman is still in Thailand.

He backed his manager in the summer with 14 new signings. 

That manager is wasting most of those signings by playing this ridiculous 3-5-2 system.

The chairman is culpable for many things, but the ineptness of Moore isn't one.

Well it’s hard to disagree.

Really didn’t want to shout for the managers head this early. But yeah it’s crap ain’t it.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well it’s hard to disagree.

Really didn’t want to shout for the managers head this early. But yeah it’s crap ain’t it.

Sadly so.

Honestly, it's more baffling than when Jos was tinkering with formations every game.

Marvin Johnson as a LCB? That is just bizarre. 

We signed all these wide forward types to play I assume in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 formation...and now we've decided that 3-5-2 is the future and most of those wide forward types are completely redundant. Then you've got the fact that none of our CBs look comfortable playing in a three/playing out from the back.

Honestly, Moore is managing like it is pre-season and he's having a look at a few things.

You’re gonna get shredded for that opinion but I completely agree. 

Had he been backed in January I’m sure we would have stayed up. It wouldn’t have been pretty but we would have. He clearly didn’t see eye to eye with the chairmen and seems being under an embargo didn’t help. 

I think the reputation he gets is harsh, his football isn’t pretty but the bloke knows what he’s doing.

I also think we was just starting to see the good signs before he left. We had played well away Swansea, Norwich & Blackburn while also having some spirited performances at home against Coventry & Reading. 

I always say you can dislike how he plays the game but you can’t call him a bad manager. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn’t have been pretty. But fecking hell - give him 6 months and we would be able to see games out and we wouldn’t have been a soft touch.

He would have sorted out this weak mentality, not a problem. He may well have taken us down but he’s the type of character who wouldn’t have let this poo continue.

Moore should get the time to try and sort it out. But Pulis would have sorted it quicker. 

I agree with that too 

39 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

433A07F4-4E8D-4CC2-888E-FDD0FB6F0B76.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

You’re gonna get shredded for that opinion but I completely agree. 

Had he been backed in January I’m sure we would have stayed up. It wouldn’t have been pretty but we would have. He clearly didn’t see eye to eye with the chairmen and seems being under an embargo didn’t help. 

I think the reputation he gets is harsh, his football isn’t pretty but the bloke knows what he’s doing.

I also think we was just starting to see the good signs before he left. We had played well away Swansea, Norwich & Blackburn while also having some spirited performances at home against Coventry & Reading. 

I always say you can dislike how he plays the game but you can’t call him a bad manager. 

This club needs a complete reset. And that comes from an experienced old head who is going to scare the poo out of the players until they stop conceding soft goals and giving away points.

Pulis was that character. And we failed to keep him happy for whatever reason. 

Pulis was the type we needed to change the culture and losing mentality. Moore is the bloke who succeeds him and tries to implement a nice style of football. 

We’ve skipped an important phase by getting rid of Pulis in my view.

Just how I see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This club needs a complete reset. And that comes from an experienced old head who is going to scare the poo out of the players until they stop conceding soft goals and giving away points.

Pulis was that character. And we failed to keep him happy for whatever reason. 

Pulis was the type we needed to change the culture and losing mentality. Moore is the bloke who succeeds him and tries to implement a nice style of football. 

We’ve skipped an important phase by getting rid of Pulis in my view.

Just how I see it. 

Your not wrong at all, we brought in the biggest relegation expert in the country and he wanted out after 10 games, would love to know all the ins & outs of what went on. 

I’d rather have been a boring gritty Championship club than a soft average L1 team.

• Like 2