Sacking and not backing Pulis

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Pulis is a good manager but we didn't have the players here he needed.

And to make matters worse, many players knew that they'd be off in the summer.

Those fans who wanted him thought that new players would come in in January, and they probably wouldn't have wanted him if they'd known that none would be signed.

Pulis is streets ahead of Moore - if Moore achieves half what he has in his career he'll have done very well.

You can make the argument that giving a man like Pulis more time makes sense, as he's been successful in the past.

As for Moore, well, the sooner he's gone, the better.

He may have been a useful manager in the past but football has moved on. 
Would he be a better than Moore with the current squad..? Highly unlikely. We have an attacking squad (currently not been used properly) that Pulis would just dismantle 

42 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

He may have been a useful manager in the past but football has moved on. 
Would he be a better than Moore with the current squad..? Highly unlikely. We have an attacking squad (currently not been used properly) that Pulis would just dismantle 

Agreed.

These aren't Pulis-type players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Biggest mistake we’ve made.

Wouldn’t have been pretty. But fecking hell - give him 6 months and we would be able to see games out and we wouldn’t have been a soft touch.

He would have sorted out this weak mentality, not a problem. He may well have taken us down but he’s the type of character who wouldn’t have let this poo continue.

Moore should get the time to try and sort it out. But Pulis would have sorted it quicker. 

Absolutely no chance. An absolute dinosaur of a manager and saw an easy payday

100% right to get rid. Should never have been here, just like Jos and Monk shouldn't have

I think Pulis (and Bruce) would have been good for us years ago.

But they've both needed to be persuaded to come here, and there was always the feeling that their hearts weren't really in it.

I guess they're too grand for us now, having managed in the PL.

One thing's for sure, criticize the pair of them but I don't see Moore having the managerial careers that they've both had.

2 minutes ago, nile said:

he gave up on the owner not the squad or fans, big difference.

He did give up on the squad. He threw them under the bus nearly every interview, saying how we needed to recruit well in January. Garry Monk got more out of the same set of players than Tony Pulis. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He did give up on the squad. He threw them under the bus nearly every interview, saying how we needed to recruit well in January. Garry Monk got more out of the same set of players than Tony Pulis. 

Said aimed at the owner and his expectations with the shower monk had left him with.

it was a clash of personalities, simple as that, chansiri likes a yes man, we all knew how it would play out when pulis got the job.

1 minute ago, nile said:

Said aimed at the owner and his expectations with the shower monk had left him with.

it was a clash of personalities, simple as that, chansiri likes a yes man, we all knew how it would play out when pulis got the job.

The shower Monk managed to get better results out of than Pulis did.

The second bit I completely agree with. It was hardly a match made in heaven! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The shower Monk managed to get better results out of than Pulis did.

The second bit I completely agree with. It was hardly a match made in heaven! 

monk isolated players and ripped the heart out of the squad.

pulis had to pick up the pieces.

it’s a dark era and one I’d rather try and forget about than talk about

6 minutes ago, nile said:

monk isolated players and ripped the heart out of the squad.

pulis had to pick up the pieces.

it’s a dark era and one I’d rather try and forget about than talk about

Oh I was far from a fan of Monk, but to bring in someone who played worse football and got worse results took some doing. 

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Oh I was far from a fan of Monk, but to bring in someone who played worse football and got worse results took some doing. 

pulis is a dinosaur of a manager and would never be pretty

but monk caused a lot of damage within the squad.

like I’ve said, a very dark era and one I’d rather forget about.

5 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Pulis gave up on the squad after a handful if games. Produced terrible results and performances.

He gave up on the job, not the players. 

He'd have been the right appointment under a different owner. 

Reading folk on here defending Moore is one thing....he's the incumbent so I get that people want to back him

Reading folk defending Pulis is just madness......the worst football I've ever had the misfortune to watch us play.....ever

One of the few good things to come out of Covid was that at least I didn't have to leave home or spend much to watch the absolute crap he served up. Getting rid of him so soon was one of Chansiri's best decisions in his tenure at the helm

• Love 1