Theo Corbeanu could be off due to not getting games

Home to Lincoln is the perfect game to start him in. He needs games to build up his confidence, he's a bloody international footballer must have something about him.

But guess when you play dull boring negative football, attacking players are not needed.

• Like 7

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Kamberi can go tonight. Shocking player with a shocking record who was never needed.  

There's a wider issue here. 

Who's going to sign in the future?

Look at Kamberi, played out of position, played in the Pizza Cup, grafted, scored goals. He has a better shot to goal ratio than Gregory.

What does he have to do for a chance? For 90 minutes up front to show what he can do?

Gregory had 2 games at CF without a shot. 5 with less than 2 shots. How frustrated must he feel to not even get one chance competing with that?

It's the same with the wingers. We've gone to 352 to go 2 up top, to accommodate this failing attack that scores less than a goal a game, but keep playing the same failing players, leaving the young ambitious players to rot on the bench. 

A lot was said about how we recruited above our station, what promises were given which have now been broken regarding style of play and opportunity?

What happens next season when we try to loan players? When we try to sign players? We'll still be here in League 1 competing for players with teams who have nurtured talent and given them chances.

We'll get past it players toward the end of their careers looking for a payday before retirement.

Which is what got us here in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Looks to me like Corbeanu isn't great at covering back when we don't have the ball. That may be why Moore doesn't trust him. I can't see it being his attacking talent, he looks to have a lot of talent and can make things happen. I'd like him to be a star for us but more than that I want us to win games. If we do that I don't care who plays.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

Looks to me like Corbeanu isn't great at covering back when we don't have the ball. That may be why Moore doesn't trust him. I can't see it being his attacking talent, he looks to have a lot of talent and can make things happen. I'd like him to be a star for us but more than that I want us to win games. If we do that I don't care who plays.

If the team had any balance to it he wouldn’t need to track back

You accommodate players like Corbeanu

imagine Terry Curran tracking back

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Basement Jack said:

If the team had any balance to it he wouldn’t need to track back

You accommodate players like Corbeanu

imagine Terry Curran tracking back

It's different these days wingers are expected to cover the fullback.

I loved TC though, great days.

1 minute ago, Basement Jack said:

Why though?

who expects it?

Modern football…. It’s crackers

Managers expect it, modern tactics expect it. 

Everyone defends, even strikers are expected to put pressure on the defender with the ball. If you are playing 2 banks of 4 when you don't have the ball your wingers have to stay in line or you are cut open. In a few years things might cange

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, markg said:

Sounds like he isn't doing what's being asked of him.

Can't blame Moore for not picking him if that's the case.

Moore's probably asking him not to go too far over the half way line. Keep you're eye on their 40 year old full back, he scored 10 years ago in a reserve game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, trev said:

Will end up going to somewhere like Sunderland and be amazing.

Anyone with eyes can see the talent this lad has. Its insane that he isn't getting games tbh.

Indeed…. 

He obviously caught Moore’s eye to get here…

Moore used to manage West Brom, gets a lad in from Wolves he’s spotted, all makes sense so far…  

then doesn’t even give him 15 mins at the end of games to have a go at teams. 

Plays a striker out there instead - or even Bannan (FML) 

Waste of time him coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, prowl said:

We needed to cover at the start of the season while Bannan and Wing got used to the DM position.

Now the DMs are sorted, they don't need to track back anymore  hence playing three strikers at times.

However, we've gone 2 up now so until something changes, there's no room foe the wingers.