Theo Corbeanu could be off due to not getting games

18 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

There is a clamor now for TC to get a few games. Will this make it more or less likely that Moore will do so?

I suppose another way of putting it is, is Moore more stubborn or stupid?

I think the more we want Moore to change the less likely he will do. It will be him admitting he is wrong, can’t see that happening. If he carries on being so stubborn I hope it costs him his job. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think the more we want Moore to change the less likely he will do. It will be him admitting he is wrong, can’t see that happening. If he carries on being so stubborn I hope it costs him his job. 

If Moore doesn't change his mindset and adopt a more positive attitude to matches, he'll be gone anyway as we slip further and further behind the top teams. His team selection and substitutions are baffling at times. Optimism is dissipating fast ATM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

He's played 89 minutes with Corbeanu, hes had 58 with Sow, and had Shodipo and Johnson, who's our best crosser on the left. Berahino's been playing wide for years, the ball was going to the right places.

There were 89 crosses in the 4 games from Morecambe to Ipswich. 

That's plenty of service. He had 7 shots.

In those 4 games we scored twice, Adeniran long range and a corner.

Next game we pushed Pato in next to him and won.

We tried going back to 4231 for Oxford, he left the game with no shots at half time. Despite the second half being our best attacking performance of the season, we lost.

Back to 2 up for Bolton.

The rest is history.

If you think Berahino is effective as a wide attacker you must be watching different games to everyone else.

Bannan started right wing Vs Oxford - right wing!

The 4-2-3-1 with proper wingers has not been given a decent try at all.

7 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I thought the words   

" This club "

Might make it obvious, seeing as he's in charge lol

Really don't know where you are coming from on this.

We are a 3rd division club largely due to the financial mess that ruined last season but this season the owner has provided the manager with a good squad at this level compared to what many were expecting. 

How can it be Chansiri's fault that Corbeanu is not getting games or the shape and approach doesn't fit the players we have? 

30 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I’m interested to know where these stats are from. 

89 crosses in 4 games?

Really?

That’s a huge amount. 

That averages out at over 20 per game. 

I’ve been to games and only seen 4-5 quality crosses that weren’t intercepted. 

Are these attempted crosses or successful crosses?

That number seems way way too high for me. 

I don’t believe for a second that he’s had almost 90 crosses to attack. 

If they don’t fall to him and are intercepted well before they reach their intended target, then they’re not chances for him are they. 

If they’re blocked/cleared they’re not clear cut chances. 

Your math doesn’t add up. 

He can’t have had only 7 shots from 89 crosses. 

Also, I’ve seen many crosses that have been claimed by the keeper, as well as ones that have even gone out of play. 

They are attempted.

Wednesday are 6th in the league for crosses, averaging at 20 per game. The league average is 18.

We're on 4.7 accurate crosses per game, that's 9th in the league.

My point is that he was getting as much service as any during those games, but not getting to the crosses or not taking the chances that come.

Think he’ll be off pretty soon. 
If Moore puts him in the starting 11now it will look as if he’s bowing to fan and media pressure. No manager takes kindly to that. It would also mean changing formation to accommodate a player whose starting to get his disappointment out to the media.

Either way I would expect Wolves to recall him. He’s supposed to be getting game time in League 1 in preparation for the Premier League, 

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Really don't know where you are coming from on this.

We are a 3rd division club largely due to the financial mess that ruined last season but this season the owner has provided the manager with a good squad at this level compared to what many were expecting. 

How can it be Chansiri's fault that Corbeanu is not getting games or the shape and approach doesn't fit the players we have? 

He brought in the manager

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you think Berahino is effective as a wide attacker you must be watching different games to everyone else.

Bannan started right wing Vs Oxford - right wing!

The 4-2-3-1 with proper wingers has not been given a decent try at all.

No, it hasn't been given a decent try. It needs at least 90 minutes.

However, we have played Bannan, Paterson, Berahino, Kamberi, Corbeanu, Johnson, Brown and Shodipo around him in that formation and it hasn't worked.

The only thing that hasn't been tried except for Oxford 2H is someone else at CF. It worked then.

Wingers need a target, and he's been poor at it. Hence playing other CFs out of position round him. Moving Paterson closer, firstly from the 10 in midfield and playing him further forward, to moving the RW in more centrally, as Paterson provides the threat in the area from crosses. 

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

No, it hasn't been given a decent try. It needs at least 90 minutes.

However, we have played Bannan, Paterson, Berahino, Kamberi, Corbeanu, Johnson, Brown and Shodipo around him in that formation and it hasn't worked.

The only thing that hasn't been tried except for Oxford 2H is someone else at CF. It worked then.

Wingers need a target, and he's been poor at it. Hence playing other CFs out of position round him. Moving Paterson closer, firstly from the 10 in midfield and playing him further forward, to moving the RW in more centrally, as Paterson provides the threat in the area from crosses. 

Wingers do need a target but as you said yourself, we have hardly played with proper wingers in any game. To play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 the wide attackers need to provide a goal threat as well as crosses. In the odd games Moore has played with Shodipo/Corbeanu in the league they have had too much defensive responsibility and have been positioned too deep. That's why we have plenty of possession but create little from in terms of chances.

Shodipo hit double figures in this division last season, he won't do that tracking back more as a wide midfielder than a wing attacker.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wingers do need a target but as you said yourself, we have hardly played with proper wingers in any game. To play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 the wide attackers need to provide a goal threat as well as crosses. In the odd games Moore has played with Shodipo/Corbeanu in the league they have had too much defensive responsibility and have been positioned too deep. That's why we have plenty of possession but create little from in terms of chances.

Shodipo hit double figures in this division last season, he won't do that tracking back more as a wide midfielder than a wing attacker.

The thing is, since Plymouth, they haven't had to. That was for a couple of games when we had no DM.

For all of the criticism, Wing has done a good job there, with Bannan, Hutch or Adeniran. The wide attackers don't really need to track back much now.

We've played a striker on the right, and Johnson and Brown are our only left footers anyway.

With the midfield three clicking, rotating (rotation because it's too physically demanding to play 2-3 full games in that position, they'll just all end up injured.) between Adeniran, Bannan, Wing and now FDB plus whoever comes back from injury, we're perfectly placed to go with 3 all out attackers.

Now we have the base, we could really go at teams and cause problems, but we need pace up front for that, without it we're stuck slowly tapping it up the pitch and relying on the midfield to break packed defences by running from deep.

For the last 2 games, all of the attacking threat has come from deep, mainly Wing and FDB making runs into the box. Hence falling apart when FDB went off v Wimbledon, as Wing was knackered then so we had no runs going forward. Even Cambridge, Wing was the one making most of the attacking play into the box, just got frustrated and lost his rag when they didn't come off.

For the 4231 to work, you need a striker, who can move the defence, either by pace or aerial threat, and Gregory has neither. He's an old school 442 play off the scraps of the bigger target man, and he's good at it, (as shown by his scoring now he has Pato to play off) but it doesn't fit into our team.  

He’s the one player that I really want to see in the starting eleven every time the team is announced and it never happens. 
I saw him come on at Plymouth and he looked like a real talented athlete… he maybe tried a little too hard, shooting on the angle from 35 yards, but if you are only given a fleeting opportunity then maybe you try to overcompensate.

He was good enough to play in the premiership with Wolves, albeit on limited occasions, but the fans really loved him there and wanted to see him step up this season. They were disappointed that he was loaned out.

What does DM say about him ?…

“It’s the first time that he’s come into a club with our structure “

”There were things we wanted him to do in certain areas that we are teaching him in terms of what is needed for the team”

”He needs to improve certain areas of his game “

I think that Wolves should recall him pronto before Darren teaches him how to play the Moore way.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Is that all you can come up with. A question that could bring thousands of answers. lol      

Anyone better than Moore. 

You spend half the match days suggesting that the manager doesn't pick the team anyway so it wouldn't matter who the manager was in that respect would it!