Theo Corbeanu could be off due to not getting games

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Looks to me like Corbeanu isn't great at covering back when we don't have the ball. That may be why Moore doesn't trust him. I can't see it being his attacking talent, he looks to have a lot of talent and can make things happen. I'd like him to be a star for us but more than that I want us to win games. If we do that I don't care who plays.

This.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ash77 said:

Try him upfront with gregory/pato or with pato behind those 2 in a diamond.

Tracking back less of an issue central, plus we would have some pace upfront for the 1st time in ages like when antonio played as a striker, he could always drift into channels and get some crosses in too.

not sure  the 3 sided diamond with the theo  drifting out wide option  is the way to go   if bannan is in the  QB role, isnt that going to leave us  light if we lose possession with the wing backs stranded out wide .......theo would be better value in a false number 10 role running at the opposites from deeper with hutch /denis/fizz  giving him cover  if he does one step over too many .

Skillful player but there is no end product at the moment, he's certainly more "raw" than I anticipated. Obviously, you could argue that's why he's here, to develop. I just don't think that is going to happen at the rate we need it to when combined with the circumstances Moore has found himself in. Namely, that his proposed tactical style (I used that word reluctantly....) hasn't worked and he's been forced to try different approaches. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not sure  the 3 sided diamond with the theo  drifting out wide option  is the way to go   if bannan is in the  QB role, isnt that going to leave us  light if we lose possession with the wing backs stranded out wide .......theo would be better value in a false number 10 role running at the opposites from deeper with hutch /denis/fizz  giving him cover  if he does one step over too many .

Meant try upfront as a striker, not in midfield.

Pacy strikers can offer a threat in behind or by drifting into channels towards wings getting crosses in, which could be useful if playing a diamond with no wingers.

Something like that diamond/4312 could work, but could always change to 442/4411 with theo on right, bannan on left if a flat midfield 4 during a game to tighten it.

Dennis

Db                    bannan

Pato

Theo     gregory

Theo db dennis bannan

Pato

Gregory

More likely will leave and do well elsewhere tho!

7 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Meant try upfront as a striker, not in midfield.

Pacy strikers can offer a threat in behind or by drifting into channels towards wings getting crosses in, which could be useful if playing a diamond with no wingers.

Something like that diamond/4312 could work, but could always change to 442/4411 with theo on right, bannan on left if a flat midfield 4 during a game to tighten it.

Dennis

Db                    bannan

Pato

Theo     gregory

Theo db dennis bannan

Pato

Gregory

More likely will leave and do well elsewhere tho!

The midfield three of two DM and one in front will be here for the rest of the season.

That leaves 4231 or 532.

So he's either a wingback or main striker in 532 or can play wing or centre for 4231.

I think that the move rumour has come about because DM is sticking with the 532, and he's not going to drop Gregory or Berahino/Pato with him.

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

To be fair, it took FDB the Pizza games, Wimbledon and most of Cambridge to really start sparking. In the game against Newcastle he looked really raw and overeager.

He was fading in and out of both games, with a few flashes of good play. It really took until the goal for him to really make an impact, then he was everywhere for the last 10 minutes.

What's to say Theo couldn't do the same? His half hour v Shrewsbury and Plymouth were at a time when the team was very much second best, to ask him to change the game alone would be unfair. 

FDB has had the best part of 4 full games to shine, Gregory got 10, why not give him more before writing him off.

Nobody, not me anyway is writing him off. Both had the same opportunity to show what they can do in training etc to earn first team minutes and to date Dele-Bashiru has made the greater contribution, not sure how that is under question. 

As I said, I'd play Corbeanu centrally when opportunity arises, in the current 352 system difficult to see where he fits. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Nobody, not me anyway is writing him off. Both had the same opportunity to show what they can do in training etc to earn first team minutes and to date Dele-Bashiru has made the greater contribution, not sure how that is under question. 

As I said, I'd play Corbeanu centrally when opportunity arises, in the current 352 system difficult to see where he fits. 

FDB plays in a position vital to the team, where there will be a lot of rotation due to fitness but Corbeanu isn't going to get a crack at his main posotion due to the formation change.

Can somebody educate me what they have seen in him to say he merits a starting place ? 
Whenever I have seen him he seems constantly chose the wrong option 

As I said after the first time I saw him he showed glimpses of skill but looks miles off the finished article 

Having said that Saturday was the perfect time to introduce him as a direct replacement for Hunt 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Having said that Saturday was the perfect time to introduce him as a direct replacement for Hunt 

cant think theres too many managers  who would replace the right back with a  rookie right winger when your 2 up away from home.... ....,

He won't be the only one Shodipo and Kamberi are never playing and Gibson has made just two appearance.

Yet another season where millions will have been spent on loan players who then don't play.

I wonder if the millions wasted could have been better spent repaying fans owed money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ash77 said:

Try him upfront with gregory/pato or with pato behind those 2 in a diamond.

Tracking back less of an issue central, plus we would have some pace upfront for the 1st time in ages like when antonio played as a striker, he could always drift into channels and get some crosses in too.

Moores a defender, far too safe and only interested in opposition not scoring, we need to be more of a threat to go up, especially now he's finally found a good midfield 3.

most people seem to agree on the 3, what are the chances Moore will think the same, I'm not convinced he will.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Skillful player but there is no end product at the moment, he's certainly more "raw" than I anticipated. Obviously, you could argue that's why he's here, to develop. I just don't think that is going to happen at the rate we need it to when combined with the circumstances Moore has found himself in. Namely, that his proposed tactical style (I used that word reluctantly....) hasn't worked and he's been forced to try different approaches. 

so many of our players have no end product. At least Corbeanu possesses a bit of skill and excitement. 

2 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

They were brought in to play 4231.

Gregory didn't fit in with that, but he was top scorer, so we've changed to suit him.

Why do you persist with using Gregory as the reason for our downfall in every post?

How many times had Gregory played for us in a 4-2-3-1 with two proper wingers/wide attackers rather than Brown, or Paterson, or Berahino or Johnson wide of him? 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

If we are playing 352 not sure he really fits?

A 3rd of our summer signings don't fit at all if we play 3-5-2!