Theo Corbeanu could be off due to not getting games

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

so many of our players have no end product. At least Corbeanu possesses a bit of skill and excitement. 

You’re looking at it the wrong way mate!! Skill and excitement = hope, we all know it’s better not to have hope……😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, striker said:

Still very raw. Looks good at times with the ball going forward, but offers nothing defensively. For a winger, that's a difficult ask to unbalance the team for a young player, especially when we are now playing with wingbacks.

Considering the calibre of the  clubs in for him, suggests he is further behind in his development than being able to hold down a starting place suggests. 

I'd like to have seen more of him, but understand why not. Some good bits at Mansfield, but left gaps in behind and failed to make any impact when he came on against Shrewsbury (I think)

In all honesty, comparatively Dele-Bashiru has offered more in terms of young players who have played this season.

Shame if he goes, but understand if he does. Personally, I'd be tempted to give him a game centrally as one of the two forwards, when opportunity arises if we persist with 352.

Brilliant post. 

2 pages of hysteria before it. 

• Like 1

Literally best signing made pre season and he has had like 30 minutes of league game time. Pathetic. Guarantee if he starts and gets regular games he will create so many chances and be our best attacking threat. Such a Wednesday thing to do. in a few years he will probably be playing in EPL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Literally best signing made pre season and he has had like 30 minutes of league game time. Pathetic. Guarantee if he starts and gets regular games he will create so many chances and be our best attacking threat. Such a Wednesday thing to do. in a few years he will probably be playing in EPL. 

Another player who is getting better the less he has played 

When have you seen him play to give him such accolades?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Looks to me like Corbeanu isn't great at covering back when we don't have the ball. That may be why Moore doesn't trust him. I can't see it being his attacking talent, he looks to have a lot of talent and can make things happen. I'd like him to be a star for us but more than that I want us to win games. If we do that I don't care who plays.

Well we're not winning many at the moment, 2 out of the last 9 games. We need to start scoring more goals and it might help in that respect to get more attacking players on the pitch.

As for covering back, I'd prefer our attacking players to concentrate on the other end of the field. Palmer doesn't even track back and he's a defender.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Django said:

Imagine Sow, Shodipo, Corbeanu and the Wolves managements reaction when they see that 2 full backs are playing out wide again 

B62AEFA1-4389-489D-AAB8-52258440167C.gif

Yep it's amazing when we are starting a game with 7 defensive players and most of our attacking players can hardly get a look in. I can't understand why we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the division.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

As a “highly rated prospect” If you can’t force your way into one of the lowest scoring teams in L1 then you must be crap. 

We’ve got a manager who saw him put in a M.O.T.M. display against Mansfield, before then deciding on just 48 notice, that we were going to play with 3 at the back with WB’s, at home to Bolton. 

The fact that Moore doesn’t play him when 21 teams have scored more than us speaks volumes. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

Brilliant post. 

2 pages of hysteria before it. 

So why didn’t Moore realise he dosnt track back b4 he signed him? Moore was like a kid in a sweatshop in the summer..far too many signings..it’s no surprise we are a shambles

53 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Well we're not winning many at the moment, 2 out of the last 9 games. We need to start scoring more goals and it might help in that respect to get more attacking players on the pitch.

As for covering back, I'd prefer our attacking players to concentrate on the other end of the field. Palmer doesn't even track back and he's a defender.

Edited by Stan Dupowls
Didn’t type!

Just now, Robdylan said:

We’ve got a manager who saw him put in a M.O.T.M. display against Mansfield, before then deciding on just 48 notice, that we were going to play with 3 at the back with WB’s, at home to Bolton. 

kept a clean sheet and won so he got that one right ......

We’ve been rotating players / trying things out so how has this skilful lad not had a fair crack at the whip?. If nothing else some skill would be a nice change to see now and again. Try him Moore, we need more creativity…oh yeh and don’t let Palmer near their box……no one is that unlucky!

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Can somebody educate me what they have seen in him to say he merits a starting place ? 
Whenever I have seen him he seems constantly chose the wrong option 

As I said after the first time I saw him he showed glimpses of skill but looks miles off the finished article 

Having said that Saturday was the perfect time to introduce him as a direct replacement for Hunt 

He was very impressive against Mansfield. Very confident, dribbling at pace, where he put some quality crosses into the box. He also set up the winner. 

He deserved a start against Bolton based on that game. Yet we have a manager who thought that we’d be better off playing with WB’s on 48 hours notice instead. 

Yes, of course he’s going to make mistakes. But he should be used more, especially at home. He puts the defenders under huge pressure. He can win free kicks, corners and throw-ins deep into the oppositions half. He can take 2 of the opposition’s defenders away and free up space for other players. 

I would bet my house that if we played a 442 with Theo on the right and Johnson on the left, that between them, they’d produce more quality crosses for our forwards over 90 mins, then any combination of WB’s that Moore could play. 

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

kept a clean sheet and won so he got that one right ......

He didn’t though did he. 

We won by a change in formation, where we looked a completely different team. Just like against Cambridge mid-week. 

The WB formation doesn’t get the best out of our squad. 

The forwards are reliant upon quality service from 2 WB’s, who need to be high up the pitch to provide the crosses. But it doesn’t happen that often, especially as we’re constantly trying to play it out from the back. 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo probably the only player we have that would get fans off their seats. Wonder what reason Moore could possibly have for not playing him more and instead playing crap like Johnson and Wing on a regular basis. 

Did you ever see how crap Moore was in his playing days? and he still got picked, Give Corbeanu a chance you useless excuse for a manager

5 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

He was very impressive against Mansfield. Very confident, dribbling at pace, where he put some quality crosses into the box. He also set up the winner. 

He deserved a start against Bolton based on that game. Yet we have a manager who thought that we’d be better off playing with WB’s on 48 hours notice instead. 

Yes, of course he’s going to make mistakes. But he should be used more, especially at home. He puts the defenders under huge pressure. He can win free kicks, corners and throw-ins deep into the oppositions half. He can take 2 of the opposition’s defenders away and free up space for other players. 

I would bet my house that if we played a 442 with Theo on the right and Johnson on the left, that between them, they’d produce more quality crosses for our forwards over 90 mins, then any combination of WB’s that Moore could play. 

Very impressive against Mansfield reserves , personally I don’t think he was 

If he played Him and Johnson in a 442 it would finish up 424 and we would get slaughtered in midfield