Bore off Darren

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s not a case of fans wanting us to be top of the table or expecting us to just start hammering teams.

I can’t speak for others but with results as they are I’d be more than willing to give Moore time if I could see something in our performances that made me believe he was building something at Wednesday, something to give me belief that things would improve given time.

At the moment I’m not seeing that and I haven’t all season. There is no improvement week on week, we aren’t playing well and we aren’t creating chances. We are chopping and changing the side for fun at the moment and if Moore does have a plan then I’m clearly missing something.

There is nothing I’m seeing in this Wednesday side that suggests to me at least that things will pick up as the season progresses.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

This is it we can take losses god knows we have seen enough and we have had some individual errors. It's just the style of play, the players just don't seem to know what to do with the ball, it's as if whatever position they are in they must always pass back and start the move again all over again. 

Players make a run forward but ball played backwards to recycle, must be the way they are told to play, but they are clearly not happy with it.

If DM can change the style great, but needs to be quick.

• Like 3

When we lose everyone is peed off that we've lost. Now we've won people are peed off that we didn't play well. I honestly wonder why you moaners bother. I don't get it. There's a bloke sits behind us that never stops complaining, from the 1st whistle he's at it. Everything anyone does he moans about, says the should have done summat else. It's exhausting listening to him. He was creaming himself when Bannan missed his pen the other week cos he'd questioned why he was taking it. 

I've got no idea about football, I like it when we score and when we win. Bolton didn't do that yesterday so come on purists, what was so amazing about their performance? Was it their shape off the ball? Their pace in transition? Did they hit the flanks? Was their link up play sumptuous? Did they play triangles? Their work ethic in the 2nd phase when possession was in danger of being turned over? 

Cos if it was any of the above buulsheeet that I've just spouted then I'll take what we did thanks. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Ok, just for the sake of argument, say RL started here beginning of November Takes him at least till Xmas to look at the squad. January transfer window he brings a couple in. How long do we give him to get the team to gel ? Easter ? Another season gone. We’ve tried all sorts of managers in the last few years, experienced dinosaurs, unknown foreigners, been there done it types, but the one thing we haven’t done is given anybody time.

This is painful, I know, but there isn’t a quick fix to this. 

Nailed it 

Agree he’s not a great manager and appears to be a really poor communicator. 

However, let’s take a minute and reflect on the state of the club when he took over. No one in their right mind would expect him to breeze through this league in what is effectively his first season

Give him this year before we make our minds up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Ok, just for the sake of argument, say RL started here beginning of November Takes him at least till Xmas to look at the squad. January transfer window he brings a couple in. How long do we give him to get the team to gel ? Easter ? Another season gone. We’ve tried all sorts of managers in the last few years, experienced dinosaurs, unknown foreigners, been there done it types, but the one thing we haven’t done is given anybody time.

This is painful, I know, but there isn’t a quick fix to this. 

Genuine question,  how long are you giving Moore to get his side to gel? 

• Thanks 1

What I don't see is a plan going forward.

When we are in their half what's the plan to score?

Moore gets criticized for getting the players to play out from the back (rightly so) but it's when we get in their half that we seem lost.

The other worry is that he said in his post match interview that he sets up differently all the time to match the opposites. 

He's not experimenting to get his best side, as maybe some, including me, thought, it's deliberate.

I want him to succeed but I can't see it at this rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meadows said:

Seen enough to know he’s not the man to take us up, get shut now so we don’t have to waste anymore Saturday afternoons watching this turgid sh ite.  yesterdays win just papered over the cracks.

lets be brave and go get Ryan Lowe.

unless things change dramatically with his approach, I’ve no interest in going anymore, walking out yesterday felt like a defeat

Why on earth would he go from a club that’s competing at the top to us? 

10 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Agree he’s not a great manager and appears to be a really poor communicator. 

However, let’s take a minute and reflect on the state of the club when he took over. No one in their right mind would expect him to breeze through this league in what is effectively his first season

Give him this year before we make our minds up

Your first paragraph explains why we shouldn’t do what you suggest in your third paragraph 

• Like 1

Yes it would be fantastic if we played flowing football and win, but looking at where we were with no players, is this realistic?
We are 1 point of the playoff positions, not playing well, with 14 new players and key players injured, is that so bad? I for one will take results over flowing football, the confidence from positive results will see the players gel and improve their performance.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but changing managers left right and centre isn’t the answer.

• Like 8

The way I see it is, we’ve taken 6 points of two teams currently sitting in the play offs, and 3 points off another team chasing the play offs. We are 1 point off top 6 after 11 games. 

We’ve now got a run of winnable fixtures (on paper) for rest of October. Let’s see where we are after this, and see if we can get some consistency. 

Granted the football ain’t great, and it’s frustrating that he keeps changing the team and hasn’t settled on a best 11 yet, but sacking him isn’t the answer for me yet. 

• Like 5

Seen enough to know he’s not the man to take us up, get shut now so we don’t have to waste anymore Saturday afternoons watching this turgid sh ite.  yesterdays win just papered over the cracks.

unless things change dramatically with his approach, I’ve no interest in going anymore, walking out yesterday felt like a defeat

Why would RL leave the league leaders, and a very nice part of the country, to join our poo show and  live in Sheffield..madness.

I wouldn't back any manager to turn this ship around

3 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

Granted the football ain’t great, and it’s frustrating that he keeps changing the team and hasn’t settled on a best 11 yet, but sacking him isn’t the answer for me yet. 

Agree with this but I'd want to see significant improvement in performances by Christmas  though. Its mind been numbing watching us so far this  season.

I'm just very disappointed in what he's producing right now.

Supposedly, his Doncaster side played a pleasing on the eye style of football.

Yet he comes here and it is more of the same nothing, directionless football we've all had to endure now for pretty much the last 4 to 5 seasons.

He constantly changes his line ups, his formations - having signed 14 new players - and then goes on about how the performance doesn't matter. It does Darren, because a) you will get caught out eventually and b) football is a form of entertainment. Yes, the end result is king, but poor performances will only paper over the cracks for so long.

• Like 1

Blimey we have been turgid since Carlos left, you obviously didn't notice.,,😃

I think most fans would be happier with better performances.

Some happy with the scrappy wins. A melting pot of opinion.

Ryan Lowe or Darren Moore, surely fine margins.

Let's give it time. People say papring over cracks, but I'm sure DM is aware of them. I think he's getting a rough deal.

The erm stuff, and questioning how he speaks crosses a line imo.

He said early on we're on a journey. He says often that's there's work to do. 

It's rare in life to see overnight success. There's probably no such thing. 

We've got to factor in the circumstances of the club, too.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

He definitely would. 

Of course he would.

But anyway, despite my criticisms I want to give Moore a bit more time to see if he can get things clicking.

I just suspect we will be having the same discussions in November.

Edited by SiJ