Bore off Darren

44 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's partly my point we dont know unless he's given time to find a style which suits his players abilities. 

He's had a quarter of a season and still hasn't settle on any particular style or team. He's made multiple changes to the starting eleven every game. How long do you think it should take?

I do feel a good manager would have this squad performing better than it is now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He's had a quarter of a season and still hasn't settle on any particular style or team. He's made multiple changes to the starting eleven every game. How long do you think it should take?

I do feel a good manager would have this squad performing better than it is now.

Not even worthy of a reply mate, if you think a manager can make things work in a quarter of a season then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s not a case of fans wanting us to be top of the table or expecting us to just start hammering teams.

I can’t speak for others but with results as they are I’d be more than willing to give Moore time if I could see something in our performances that made me believe he was building something at Wednesday, something to give me belief that things would improve given time.

At the moment I’m not seeing that and I haven’t all season. There is no improvement week on week, we aren’t playing well and we aren’t creating chances. We are chopping and changing the side for fun at the moment and if Moore does have a plan then I’m clearly missing something.

There is nothing I’m seeing in this Wednesday side that suggests to me at least that things will pick up as the season progresses.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

I agree. Look a win is a win, poor yesterday but 3 points against a team on a good run.

Its not so much the win, but if we were performing well and improving then I would take that, at the moment I have no confidence the next game will be any better performance.

I see no gelling at all, its all hit and miss, win now and again, draw now and again, lose now and again.

To be successful you of course need a better ratio of wins to draws/loses...obvious I know

The only consistent thing seems to be the disjointed performances with no light at the end of the tunnel it will get better any time soon

DM is doing the best he can, just not sure his best is very good. But we can't keep replacing the manager and starting again, season is 1/4 way ish through and its clear (imo) we won't go up this season.

We aren't the attraction that our own fans believe us to be, so who would come? We will get the crumbs from the table, there's usually a good reason a manager at this level doesn't have a job..it's generally cos they aren't that good. So why replace bad with worse?

At some point DM will leave, and probably not because he is head hunted by another club.

And then the roundabout will start again...

We need a Wilder figure, an out and Wednesday nut who loves the club, gets hold of it and takes no shiite, wrings it's neck and get everything pumping again

And no, I don't thing that person exists....

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not even worthy of a reply mate, if you think a manager can make things work in a quarter of a season then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Bolton brought in 14 new players this season, Evatt is making it work, they've scored double the goals we have.

Moore even praised them yesterday for having a settled side and a style. Yet we are never going to have a settled side when he constantly makes several changes to the team every game and changes the formation every game depending on the opposition.

And don't say well we beat them, we were very lucky. If they'd had Gregory and Berahino up front yesterday, I think they would have scored a few.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

He could go to a speech therapist for some training. 

It's the same as anything in life. If you are not very good at something and you WANT to be better then you get some tuition. 

Managed to convince 14 players to sign for us and everyone said they were impressed with what he had to say. Also managed to get our better players to sign contract extensions. Needs to be given more time and patience ( full season), not told he needs to go to a speech therapist which is really in poor taste. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Bolton brought in 14 new players this season, Evatt is making it work, they've scored double the goals we have.

Moore even praised them yesterday for having a settled side and a style. Yet we are never going to have a settled side when he constantly makes several changes to the team every game and changes the formation every game depending on the opposition.

And don't say well we beat them, we were very lucky. If they'd had Gregory and Berahino up front yesterday, I think they would have scored a few.

How do you define making it work?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Managed to convince 14 players to sign for us and everyone said they were impressed with what he had to say. Also managed to get our better players to sign contract extensions. Needs to be given more time and patience ( full season), not told he needs to go to a speech therapist which is really in poor taste

Why? If he has a problem then he could easily rectify it. Gareth ath Gates sorted himself out. 

King somebody did the same so why not Darren Moore. If it would help him in his job then he should do it. 

• Haha 1

Unless a manager gets relegated after having a full season and pre-season then he should have minimum 2 years. That would be my preferred policy.

I think that applies to DM. Give him this season and all next season to turn it round. 4 transfer windows and 2 pre-seasons.

Then if it's not working, make a change.

In regards to my earlier post in this thread, I wasn't calling for him to go, I was saying I can't see what he's trying to do.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
45 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Why? If he has a problem then he could easily rectify it. Gareth ath Gates sorted himself out. 

King somebody did the same so why not Darren Moore. If it would help him in his job then he should do it. 

The rest of my post tells you why. 14 new players convinced to sign, Plus getting our better players to sign extensions. That’s not the sign of a man who cannot  communicate 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, AJ-SWFC said:

Ryan Lowe has been given 3 years to build a squad and find a style of play that suits his team.

Whereas we want to sack Moore after 11 games…

Well said 👍

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

The rest of my post tells you why. 14 new players convinced to sign, Plus getting our better players to sign extensions. That’s not the sign of a man who cannot  communicate 

If you are happy with his communication skills that's fine. We beg to differ. 

6 hours ago, morganowl said:

i would given darren till dec 1st if things dont pick up by then as in playing better than id have him gone then , that gives a new manager 1 month to access what he has , might allow some loans to leave by jan 1st early and freshen squad up playing a different way. though i severely doubt giving him till dec 1st will make a blind bit of difference. 

Not so sure, Dec 2nd or 3rd would be better.

Never been one for short sightedness.

6 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

What I don't see is a plan going forward.

When we are in their half what's the plan to score?

Moore gets criticized for getting the players to play out from the back (rightly so) but it's when we get in their half that we seem lost.

The other worry is that he said in his post match interview that he sets up differently all the time to match the opposites. 

He's not experimenting to get his best side, as maybe some, including me, thought, it's deliberate.

I want him to succeed but I can't see it at this rate.

I agree and we are going to have to be patient and I also would love him to succeed.  It does worry me if he is approach is to firstly set up to match the opposition rather than having a defined way of playing that the players buy into and which plays to our strengths. Of course you have to have one eye on the opposition but this is not the Champions league ffs. It’s League one. Teams (and players) are inconsistent. They usually can’t reproduce the same week in week out. My fear is 10 games in and we have no discernible shape or style. But worst of all based on that post match interview, DM was apparently happy with that first half and would have stuck with it but for the “injuries”. Now that does scare the s*** out of me…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s not a case of fans wanting us to be top of the table or expecting us to just start hammering teams.

I can’t speak for others but with results as they are I’d be more than willing to give Moore time if I could see something in our performances that made me believe he was building something at Wednesday, something to give me belief that things would improve given time.

At the moment I’m not seeing that and I haven’t all season. There is no improvement week on week, we aren’t playing well and we aren’t creating chances. We are chopping and changing the side for fun at the moment and if Moore does have a plan then I’m clearly missing something.

There is nothing I’m seeing in this Wednesday side that suggests to me at least that things will pick up as the season progresses.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

We were excellent against Wigan, 2 games ago. Front foot football, running over a team that was top of the table. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andy W said:

I agree. Look a win is a win, poor yesterday but 3 points against a team on a good run.

Its not so much the win, but if we were performing well and improving then I would take that, at the moment I have no confidence the next game will be any better performance.

I see no gelling at all, its all hit and miss, win now and again, draw now and again, lose now and again.

To be successful you of course need a better ratio of wins to draws/loses...obvious I know

The only consistent thing seems to be the disjointed performances with no light at the end of the tunnel it will get better any time soon

DM is doing the best he can, just not sure his best is very good. But we can't keep replacing the manager and starting again, season is 1/4 way ish through and its clear (imo) we won't go up this season.

We aren't the attraction that our own fans believe us to be, so who would come? We will get the crumbs from the table, there's usually a good reason a manager at this level doesn't have a job..it's generally cos they aren't that good. So why replace bad with worse?

At some point DM will leave, and probably not because he is head hunted by another club.

And then the roundabout will start again...

We need a Wilder figure, an out and Wednesday nut who loves the club, gets hold of it and takes no shiite, wrings it's neck and get everything pumping again

And no, I don't thing that person exists....

garymegson

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AJ-SWFC said:

Ryan Lowe has been given 3 years to build a squad and find a style of play that suits his team.

Whereas we want to sack Moore after 11 games…

There needs to be seen a potential with the manager to get results. 

I don't see it and many others on here don't see it either.