Bore off Darren

Has he got the potential to make SWFC successful? 

I don't think so. 

Does he really convince you that he can convince the players to believe? 

I don't think so. 

Does he come across with the passion of Pep or Klopp or Moyse or many other managers in any league? 

I don't think so. 

Is he a nice bloke with good intentions who is doing what he thinks is best. 

I think he is. 

BUT.. Unfortunately his best is not good enough for what we need right now. 

The ship has been stabilised (all the hangers on have gone). 

We need a leader to lead who shows some passion and has some management skills. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Not at all. 

All I’m saying is that while he’s not great, we should be a little more patient. If we could guarantee replacing him with a much better manager, fine. In reality we aren’t going to do that so let’s make sure we give DM the best possible chance. 

He’s not suddenly going to become a great communicator, was more my point. Life doesn’t work like that 

9 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Can you really think that DM is suddenly going to come up with a different plan that will ensure we get into the playoffs at least? 

Just like Maggie Thatcher..."This man isn't for turning". I think he has sort of a plan but isn't capable of making it work. He has Plans A - Z but has got one that's succeeded yet? 

That's partly my point we dont know unless he's given time to find a style which suits his players abilities. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s not suddenly going to become a great communicator, was more my point. Life doesn’t work like that 

He could go to a speech therapist for some training. 

It's the same as anything in life. If you are not very good at something and you WANT to be better then you get some tuition. 

Hey may get us out of this division with dull uninspiring football but I don't see any him being able to progress us any further than mid table championship. A nice guy, maybe too nice, but with limitations. I find it hard to get excited about the future whilst he is in charge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

He could go to a speech therapist for some training. 

It's the same as anything in life. If you are not very good at something and you WANT to be better then you get some tuition. 

I mean communication in terms of getting his tactics across to the players. I don’t pay too much time to post match interviews, they’re never going to say what we want to hear 

I’ve seen a few posters say we have one of the best squads in the league, I don’t what they are basing that on? We’ve got a squad of failed championship players, mixed with freebies and loans.

As a club, we’ve just been relegated from the championship after a points deduction and a few seasons of going backwards with the likes of monk, Pulis, jos. We all knew this.

The teams at the top- Plymouth, Sunderland, etc have better squads and stability imo

9th is about right for me. It’s going to be a bumpy road, and imo, a change in manager achieves nothing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I mean communication in terms of getting his tactics across to the players. I don’t pay too much time to post match interviews, they’re never going to say what we want to hear 

If he can't communicate on the media perhaps he has the same problem communicating to the players. Just a thought. 

4 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

Seen enough to know he’s not the man to take us up, get shut now so we don’t have to waste anymore Saturday afternoons watching this turgid sh ite.  yesterdays win just papered over the cracks.

lets be brave and go get Ryan Lowe.

unless things change dramatically with his approach, I’ve no interest in going anymore, walking out yesterday felt like a defeat

Boring 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Two seasons (it's not him, its managers in general) three ideally.

I our current predicament then financially promotion needs to be this season. If it doesn't happen then we could go the way we went after the Premier push. And there is much further down to go unfortunately. 

Seen enough to know he’s not the man to take us up, get shut now so we don’t have to waste anymore Saturday afternoons watching this turgid sh ite.  yesterdays win just papered over the cracks.

unless things change dramatically with his approach, I’ve no interest in going anymore, walking out yesterday felt like a defeat

I don’t think that yesterday’s win papered any cracks.

• Thanks 1

We're in L1 with L1 players who are new to each other, and an L1 manager.  What else do you expect?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

When we lose everyone is peed off that we've lost. Now we've won people are peed off that we didn't play well. I honestly wonder why you moaners bother. I don't get it. There's a bloke sits behind us that never stops complaining, from the 1st whistle he's at it. Everything anyone does he moans about, says the should have done summat else. It's exhausting listening to him. He was creaming himself when Bannan missed his pen the other week cos he'd questioned why he was taking it. 

I've got no idea about football, I like it when we score and when we win. Bolton didn't do that yesterday so come on purists, what was so amazing about their performance? Was it their shape off the ball? Their pace in transition? Did they hit the flanks? Was their link up play sumptuous? Did they play triangles? Their work ethic in the 2nd phase when possession was in danger of being turned over? 

Cos if it was any of the above buulsheeet that I've just spouted then I'll take what we did thanks. 

We are unlikely to win many games playing like we gave the majority of the season. Not sure if you have noticed that teams with who play a system with some pace and forward momentum tend to do quite well. 

The current style of play may be suited to being difficult to beat and maintaining procession but is awful to watch. 

Thought the aim was to try to get out of the league not just consolidate our position as a League 1 club.

It just hasn't clicked yet, but when it does we will be unstoppable in this league 😂