Which would you prefer.

Out of interest. Which of the two options below would you prefer. 

1) go out every Game to spank the opposition, potentially slip up in the odd game and potentially miss out on promotion. 

2) go out to nullify the opposition and try not o lose games. Sneak onto the play offs after a boring season of 1-0s and 0-0s

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

1 is the nearest option, for me.

Go out and play the game aggressively, get stuck in, up the tempo and have a go. Get the ball forward quickly when in possession, hound the opposition when they have the ball; don't give them time and space.

Very much like Carlos first season then. 

It would be option one for me. 

I want us to go out and try and win every game we play no matter who the opposition is. 

if we draw one of the big clubs in the cups I would much prefer to see us try and do something and lose 5-1 6-2 etc that sitting back and still losing 3-0. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

1) go out every Game to spank the opposition, potentially slip up in the odd game and potentially miss out on promotion. 

2) go out to nullify the opposition and try not o lose games. Sneak onto the play offs after a boring season of 1-0s and 0-0s

I’d like either one of those please. Wednesday are probably nearer option 2 I suppose , but miles too fragile at the moment to win games 1-0 ,consistently anyway. Obviously I’m only looking at it from the outside and I’m not there to see training etc

i might be reading them completely wrong

37 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

We need to get out of this league. I'll go with whatever it takes. We'd all like fast attacking football but I'd just take 3 points each game however we get them.

Gotta be number 1. I would rather us be full on, in the opposition faces constantly, not giving them a second.

You only have to hear the crowd when we have these short spells of high press and pressure, it lifts the mood amongst the fans, and especially at Hillsborough that can be a major benefit. It's only when we decide to be in the final third and the ball ends up back with our centre halves in 3 passes, that the fans lose patience and frustration kicks in. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Very much like Carlos first season then. 

Yep. I'm still completely perplexed why he changed in that second season. Can remember the matches I went to in that first season and on plenty of occasions I'd be laughing at just how well we shifted the ball around and played - it was fantastic stuff at times. Loved it.

• Like 1