We would be MUCH better without Bannan

Guest Willow Owl
13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The problem is we want Bannan further forward but he doesn't play there. How long do you keep losing and drawing games before you give others a chance who will play where they are wanted.

with Bannan 4 games, 2 losses, 2 draws = 2 points 

Without Bannan 1 game against league leaders away, 2 goals, 3 points

now if we have 3 more games without Bannan could we win more points and score more goals. ...

In those 4 games there have been 10 other players as well. Many who have been worse than Bannan.

Who do you give a chance too and why? I keep asking you and you won’t answer.

You can’t just blame one man without a giving a solution. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Hutch has more goals and assist from free kicks and corners than Bannan this season. which is what I put.

Being 1 goal.

Dunt

Hutch has more goals and assist from free kicks and corners than Bannan this season. which is what I put.

Being 1 goal.

Dunt that corner for Berahino scoring count then ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Willow Owl said:

We have also won this season with Bannan in the side and in every game he’s played this season he has been in our top 3/4 performers. 
So on that basis who comes in for him as a replacement and why.

He’s accused of too Hollywood balls, he’s accused of too many backward balls, but yet everybody agrees he’s our best player.

Stop the world I need to get off !!

He is in a midfield that finished 24th out of 24. 

On his day he is a good player, the problem is he doesn't produce it often enough and he is that great not a single team in the top 2 division tried to sign him when we got relegated.

Yes he is the first name to play, but equally we are not top of the league but mid table. Maybe playing more energetic or physical players in a league one central midfield would work better for us.

But don't worry we can keep Bannan in there scoring no goals, getting a few assists in the season, then missing penalties when we get them or we can try something different.

Trying something different we won the game, scored a few goals and looked to have more energy in the team. Let's go with the same again as see if we can keep it going.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

In those 4 games there have been 10 other players as well. Many who have been worse than Bannan.

Who do you give a chance too and why? I keep asking you and you won’t answer.

You can’t just blame one man without a giving a solution. 

We have a solution don't play him and we win.🤪

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On his day he is a good player, the problem is he doesn't produce it often enough and he is that great not a single team in the top 2 division tried to sign him when we got relegated.

Yes he is the first name to play, but equally we are not top of the league but mid table. Maybe playing more energetic or physical players in a league one central midfield would work better for us.

But don't worry we can keep Bannan in there scoring no goals, getting a few assists in the season, then missing penalties when we get them or we can try something different.

Trying something different we won the game, scored a few goals and looked to have more energy in the team. Let's go with the same again as see if we can keep it going.

2 things 

how do you know nobody wanted to sign him 

Where did we score a few goals?

ta 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

He's got more this season than our most gifted player. Maybe Bannan has been that bad when Hutch has more assists from free kicks and corners than Bannan does.

Bannan is not warranting a starting role ahead of other midfielders, 1 goal and 1 assist in 8 games is simple not good enough at 3rd division level.

At any level,...

• Like 1

Based on what I’ve seen stick with the same system, style (more direct) and players as Wigan - we won away against a good side near the top so why change it. 

Longer term once Luongo is fit he should slot in the CM pairing (providing her can stay fit) with Adeniran for me. Move Hutchinson back to CB. 

I know that means no Bannan or Wing but they’ll have their part to play during the games. I do like Bannan as a player but not at the cost of playing a different system/style of football. 

All this said I’ve a feeling Moore will change the players/system on Saturday. 

• Like 1

I remember once posting (around Carlos season 2), that Bannan seemed to be both underrated and overrated at the same time. I think this is true of very creative skilful players in general - being the focal point for results - if the side is winning they get credit and if it isn't doing so well its because they haven't provided the magic. BPF had a far bigger impact on the losing run than Bannan but he stayed in the side.

You can imagine that Grealish will get stick if England have a bad patch. It isn't new, it has been the same for Marsh, Currie, Le Tissier, etc. Waddle in a losing side would have been a 'problem' too. The side was so good that he was never a luxury.

All that said there are times when you have to grind out points and battle it out. There really is no harm in having a fit Bannan on the bench for a few games. We will need him over the season.

We probably need to take him off the pedestal without throwing him in the pedal bin.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
52 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You still cannot tell me who would replace him and why? It’s a simple question.

Guest Willow Owl
53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have a solution don't play him and we win.🤪

Again who would you replace him with and why would they be better than Bannan? Simple question. You’re just sounding like a hater with no solution 

Guest Willow Owl
32 minutes ago, flash said:

Based on what I’ve seen stick with the same system, style (more direct) and players as Wigan - we won away against a good side near the top so why change it. 

Longer term once Luongo is fit he should slot in the CM pairing (providing her can stay fit) with Adeniran for me. Move Hutchinson back to CB. 

I know that means no Bannan or Wing but they’ll have their part to play during the games. I do like Bannan as a player but not at the cost of playing a different system/style of football. 

All this said I’ve a feeling Moore will change the players/system on Saturday. 

Or why not simply play the same system but include your best player instead of Wing, who created nothing on Tuesday. It also helps that Wigan went for it onTuesday night. Can you see the side from the other night breaking down a team with 11 behind the ball like in most games this season. 

13 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You still cannot tell me who would replace him and why? It’s a simple question.

Bannan played nearer to Gregory at Ipswich and never looked like scoring.

Paterson played that role at Wigan and could have had a hat trick and did score what proved to be the winner.

Hope that answers your question

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Or why not simply play the same system but include your best player instead of Wing, who created nothing on Tuesday. It also helps that Wigan went for it onTuesday night. Can you see the side from the other night breaking down a team with 11 behind the ball like in most games this season. 

Yes I agree that it did help with Wigan’s approach on Tuesday.

Personally I thought Wings contribution was average on Wigan but he got stuck in and gave us a little presence in CM. He played better against Ipswich the game before. For me reflecting on the past 2 performances I don’t think I’d be dropping Wing

Regardless I do think Moore will bring him on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Bannan played nearer to Gregory at Ipswich and never looked like scoring.

Paterson played that role at Wigan and could have had a hat trick and did score what proved to be the winner.

Hope that answers your question

What about the role Bannan normally plays ( centre midfield). Not a one off game that he played 60 mins.

So no it doesn’t answer my question. Unless you think Patterson is play making centre midfielder.