We would be MUCH better without Bannan

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, parajack said:

Wing could replace him..he scored 36 times from 73 game's when playing for Shildon...in midfield. .YES it was non league,like a certain SWFC fan playing up the road for Leicester! or choose someone you prefer instead,until others get a run out we simply wont know,or he continues to play & does as you suggest,play further up field,with 2 up front...

But as i feel we will revert to playing out from the back i doubt that will happen either...

Sorry mate, quoted this by mistake in a reply to Ian

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, 83owl said:

In 7 years our highest place finish has been 4th in the second tier and we are now in L1 so I don’t think that stating he has been a regular starter over 7 years is hardly some kind of beacon of excellence.

Who said it was 

Guest Willow Owl

Cannot believe that some sad sad poster is going through all my posts and putting laughing faces, Some really sad individuals about.

waits for laughing face !!!

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Well its all a matter of opinion is it not?.. you rate Bannan and i think he is massively overated. You think we are better with Bannan in the team and i think we perform better collectively without him.

That’s not answered the question though ?

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Adeniran, Wing.

Yeah right, both are really ripping the league up, creating numerous chances and dictating play. 
I think I’ll leave it here 

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Yeah right, both are really ripping the league up, creating numerous chances and dictating play. 

I mean you do have a point. Neither Adeniran or Wing are ranked 48th in league one for assists like Bannan/Byers/Paterson are.

I suppose though, when you’re on 20k a week and possibly the best midfielder in the league you’d expect to be doing better than players like Kachunga who has 2 despite only one start and handful of sub appearances or Wes Hoolahan who has 3 and I thought retired several years ago. 

I’m immensely proud to have the 48th most creative player in the league as our captain and everyone else should be too. Big shout out to Gregory who has 2 assists now and is top of our list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

That’s just a ridiculous post and doesn’t deserve a reply. 

So why have you replied ha ha ? its Ians opinion mate,we all have one...as to mine? Lets see if DM reverts back to a lone striker Sat and playing it out,,,we can discuss further than..

58 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You're taking it too personal mate.

This is what the sites all about, opinions differ and people have different ones.

Personally I think BB is a really good player but for me plays too deep and seemingly wants the ball too much.

Whilst we didn't excel on Tuesday, you can't get away from the fact that we beat the league leaders on their turf.

I'll take that display every game to build on if we're getting points.

Too early to say with or without BB but time will tell I guess.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I mean you do have a point. Neither Adeniran or Wing are ranked 48th in league one for assists like Bannan/Byers/Paterson are.

I suppose though, when you’re on 20k a week and possibly the best midfielder in the league you’d expect to be doing better than players like Kachunga who has 2 despite only one start and handful of sub appearances or Wes Hoolahan who has 3 and I thought retired several years ago. 

I’m immensely proud to have the 48th most creative player in the league as our captain and everyone else should be too. Big shout out to Gregory who has 2 assists now and is top of our list.

Yep, both Adeniran and Wing are behind Bannan on assists. So how can we be better without Bannan. I think I’ll leave that one here as well 

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

You're taking it too personal mate.

This is what the sites all about, opinions differ and people have different ones.

Personally I think BB is a really good player but for me plays too deep and seemingly wants the ball too much.

Whilst we didn't excel on Tuesday, you can't get away from the fact that we beat the league leaders on their turf.

I'll take that display every game to build on if we're getting points.

Too early to say with or without BB but time will tell I guess.

I’m not taking it personal mate. I have no issue with anyone having an opinion if they can back it up with a reasonable alternative solution. As yet I’ve not heard a decent enough argument to say why we are better without Bannan and who would replace him.

Tuesday was a good win, but let’s not gloss over the performance. It was far from convincing and we could quite easily have been beaten. There won’t be many games we win by getting over run in midfield and then relying on our goalkeeper to make several point bank saves.  
Just my opinion.  

I think I’ll leave it for now, Whitley Neill gin starting to take effect. 

Guest Willow Owl
48 minutes ago, parajack said:

So why have you replied ha ha ? its Ians opinion mate,we all have one...as to mine? Lets see if DM reverts back to a lone striker Sat and playing it out,,,we can discuss further than..

It’s all about opinions mate, of which I’m entitled to defend mine. It’s a debate that I’m sure will continue long into the season. Either way as long as we win that’s all that matters.