We would be MUCH better without Bannan

3 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Cannot believe that some sad sad poster is going through all my posts and putting laughing faces, Some really sad individuals about.

waits for laughing face !!!

Sorry mate couldn't resist.

😁

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I mean you do have a point. Neither Adeniran or Wing are ranked 48th in league one for assists like Bannan/Byers/Paterson are.

I suppose though, when you’re on 20k a week and possibly the best midfielder in the league you’d expect to be doing better than players like Kachunga who has 2 despite only one start and handful of sub appearances or Wes Hoolahan who has 3 and I thought retired several years ago. 

I’m immensely proud to have the 48th most creative player in the league as our captain and everyone else should be too. Big shout out to Gregory who has 2 assists now and is top of our list.

84C6DD2F-8E76-4487-9130-2C6378C915E4.jpeg

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Sorry mate couldn't resist.

😁

No problems mate, 🤣at least you didn’t troll through all my posts and do it 

10 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Yep, both Adeniran and Wing are behind Bannan on assists. So how can we be better without Bannan. I think I’ll leave that one here as well 

Trotting out asissts /goals comparisons from a team not playing well,and having the wrong tactics are meaningless,BB stats are dire too!! just not 'as' dire as the other  two,but they havnt been here  7 years & part of a culture of failure yet

Patterson as an example hasnt managed to get a start very often in DM line up,yet scores a good goal Sat when he does..

Were we to chabge tactics and adopt a more direct style with two up front,we may well see a very different stat for Wing.

He was a prolific goal scorer from midfield in non League,and looked impressive for Rotherham last year,who played a more aggressive 3/5/2 formation.

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, parajack said:

Trotting out asissts /goals comparisons from a team not playing well,and having the wrong tactics are meaningless,BB stats are dire too!! just not 'as' dire as the other  two,but they havnt been here  7 years & part of a culture of failure yet

Patterson as an example hasnt managed to get a start very often in DM line up,yet scores a good goal Sat when he does..

Were we to chabge tactics and adopt a more direct style with two up front,we may well see a very different stat for Wing.

He was a prolific goal scorer from midfield in non League,and looked impressive for Rotherham last year,who played a more aggressive 3/5/2 formation.

You only think stats are meaningless because they don’t back up your argument. You cannot produce anything to back up why we should drop Bannan for Wing or any other of our current midfielders as their performances are worse. You’re now going back 7 years to try and justify dropping Bannan and wasn’t Patterson part of the team that got relegated. 
You can trot out Wing this, Wing that all you want, but the facts remain he has performed worse than Bannan so far this season. There is nothing to suggest Wing would be better than Bannan in a change of system. Plus that great Rotherham attacking formation produced 4 more goals than us last season, Just think about that for a minute. 

Tactics are down to the manager nobody else and we can either agree or disagree. But if you’re going to change to a more direct attacking system then it makes sense to give your best player the chance in that new system. If it doesn’t work then make changes. 

You’re entitled to your opinion on Bannan but when confronted with facts about performances you cannot just ignore them.

I’m going to leave this conversation with you as there is nothing more to say. Have a good  day. 

20 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Seeing as he is always in the top 3 performance wise every game he plays, then yes. Do we have more control in a game then yes( apart from Plymouth ). 

Tuesday was a good win, but the performance overall wasn’t better without him. We tweaked the system to play Patterson closer to Gregory. Maybe we should do the same Saturday but also play Bannan rather than other ineffectual midfielders. 

Wing had a decent game, he wasn't as bad as you make out. To keep saying the midfielders were ineffective after beating the top of the league at their ground is just downright wrong. We cancelled them out for long periods, yes, they had periods when they were on top but so did we. It was a good all round performance and one we should be satisfied with rather than keep trying to rewrite history to fit your argument.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's a hard one to resolve. Basically our best footballer has become our weakness by our over-reliance on him, and his over-reliance on himself. I have to believe that the way he demands the ball to dictate play, and demands to take all set pieces must send a signal to the rest of the team that they are not good enough. You must have all played at school with similar players and you sort of give up a bit as you can see that they think they are better than the whole team. It becomes annoying. Then you make him captain to compound things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Cannot believe that some sad sad poster is going through all my posts and putting laughing faces, Some really sad individuals about.

waits for laughing face !!!

I have the same thing mate,in my case i suspect its because i used the 'block' facility so i wouldnt have to see the things they posted ha ha...

21 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

In those last 3 seasons Bannan has been our best player by far, what’s Bizarre is thinking Bannan is the reason where we are now and that after one game, yes one game of 96 mins and a win at Wigan we are better off without him. 

Bizarre !!!

3 season ago our best player was Fletcher

2 season ago our best player was Iorfa

last season I would have said Windass was the player of the season.

But Bannan did win the vote for fans player of the year last season, the year we finished 24th out of 24 teams, the season we got relegated to the 3rd division and also the season where we were unable to win more than 3 or 4 games at home for the whole year, we also had one of the worse striker forces out of the 72 league clubs. I am not saying this is Bannan fault but equally I am saying in 20/21 season the bar was not set very high. 

Bannan on his day is a very good player but those days are becoming fewer and fewer, I was told at the start of the season by many on here he was going to rip this league apart and at the time I said he would get less goals and less assist than Scott Fraser then at MK Don now at Ipswich. So far Scott Fraser is ahead.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

How about setting an example to our young players about DESIRE...that tackle was worth countless hours on the training pitch

I do agree but role back 20 seconds is was the appalling delivery of the free kick that led to the break away and the need for the tackle.

• Like 2