Rest in Peace Len Ashurst

After the news of Tony Toms ..what a crap week for all us 50 year old plus Wednesday fans …..Remember him taking over from Steve Burtenshaw and promised ..” A whirlwind will hit this club “……..Along with Tony Toms and big Jack later they changed Wednesday into a tougher ..harder to beat team ….. me at around 12/13 years old loved this and my love affair with Wednesday started……… Became part of “Ashurt’s Army”..home and away ………because of the trouble in them days….remember the press referring to “Ashurt’s Army” at it again !!!…….so len ashurt said “Better name might be …Len’s Legions “ !!😳😂………..Crazy era ……. RIP len Ashurt….thanks for the memories………go and find Tony Toms and make your presence felt in the home dressing room of hillsborough !!!!!!!!!👍

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Yep. More sad news

Len was the man who stopped the decline and built the foundations for Jack to build on .

Didnt he famously say , when being asked how big a club Wednesday were ,

The only difference between here and Hartlepool is that the stand roof doesn’t leak ?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

After the news of Tony Toms ..what a crap week for all us 50 year old plus Wednesday fans …..Remember him taking over from Steve Burtenshaw and promised ..” A whirlwind will hit this club “……..Along with Tony Toms and big Jack later they changed Wednesday into a tougher ..harder to beat team ….. me at around 12/13 years old loved this and my love affair with Wednesday started……… Became part of “Ashurt’s Army”..home and away ………because of the trouble in them days….remember the press referring to “Ashurt’s Army” at it again !!!…….so len ashurt said “Better name might be …Len’s Legions “ !!😳😂………..Crazy era ……. RIP len Ashurt….thanks for the memories………go and find Tony Toms and make your presence felt in the home dressing room of hillsborough !!!!!!!!!👍

Spot on! RIP Len

6CF268A0-9905-4E0C-ABE9-AF807420AD65.jpeg

• Like 1