Rest in Peace Len Ashurst

Sad news again

Ashurst didn’t half talk from the hip. He said it how it really was 

There was an article on here some time ago where he lambasted players attitudes. ( I think he may have named and shamed too)

Players today would just not be able to cope with it. They would have their lawyers all over it

Football from a different era. Len knew exactly what fans wanted and was a lovely bloke 

Thanks Len for your honesty and what you did or tried to do for Wednesday 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I always had soft spot for Len, he really turned Wednesday around after years of the doldrums he gave us a team we could really get behind and believe in again, he did a lot of the hardwork building a platform that we eventually took of from.

Its been a crap week for us older Owls losing both TT and Len in the same week.

But both will be remembered fondly for their part in the rise from the ashes we found ourselves in prior to their appointments.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

The Owls' Twitter feed has announced the passing of Len Ashurst. The man who, along with Tony Toms, began the rebuilding of the club and it's slow road back to the top. My thoughts are with all who knew him. 

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

R.I.P Len Ashurst.😞

• Love 1

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Can anyone comment why Len left for the Newport job? Seems a strange move considering he was turning us around. 

He was sacked after a bad start to the 77-78 season, Big Jack took over in the October 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Sad news again

Ashurst didn’t half talk from the hip. He said it how it really was 

There was an article on here some time ago where he lambasted players attitudes. ( I think he may have named and shamed too)

Players today would just not be able to cope with it. They would have their lawyers all over it

Football from a different era. Len knew exactly what fans wanted and was a lovely bloke 

Thanks Len for your honesty and what you did or tried to do for Wednesday 

This one I think. I stIll find it stunning what he said and did. 

Eg3E8Q6XkAIjdyd.png

• Like 1