Derby- Enter Administration

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think he’s a local lad who genuinely wanted to put his football club on the map. Probably got a bit carried away and should have reigned the spending in - you could definitely call it reckless. But he sounded genuinely gutted.

He was right that the EFL system is broken. It doesn’t reward ambition unless you have parachute payments. That’s no excuse though, similar to Chansiri here. They’re the rules at the end of the day, and breaking them could put your club at the brink of existence.

He walks away with his £500m fortune. Meanwhile the tax payers ( you and me) will have to cover the £30m tax bill he doesn’t want to pay but that he owes. The local companies he owes money to may go bust and people who work in the ticket office can’t pay their mortgage this month so may lose their homes. 
Best comment today on the derby forum:

does anyone know if Morris came in his chuefer driven limo or his helicopter today to tell people on minimum wage they were losing their jobs. 
Don’t have any sympathy for him. He gambled and lost and now expects others to pay his debts while he keeps his stake. 
He is a vile human being who is wrecking lives and taking no responsibility. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

The reason is because there wage bill will be twice that of a championship club and there income roughly the same.

Them the clubs should put clauses in players Contracts saying that upon relegation their wages drop by 50%, or 70%.

Its hardly rocket science, and would mean the failure payments could be scrapped overnight. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Them the clubs should put clauses in players Contracts saying that upon relegation their wages drop by 50%, or 70%.

Its hardly rocket science, and would mean the failure payments could be scrapped overnight. 

The parachute payments were because if the above happened, nobody would sign for the bottom half clubs. They're entirely there to try and keep the Prem more competitive. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

He walks away with his £500m fortune. Meanwhile the tax payers ( you and me) will have to cover the £30m tax bill he doesn’t want to pay but that he owes. The local companies he owes money to may go bust and people who work in the ticket office can’t pay their mortgage this month so may lose their homes. 

does anyone know if Morris came in his chuefer driven limo or his helicopter today to tell people on minimum wage they were losing their jobs. 
Don’t have any sympathy for him. He gambled and lost and now expects others to pay his debts while he keeps his stake. 

All perfectly fair points. 

Gambled and failed - but I really don’t think it was done with bad intentions. Do you? 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All perfectly fair points. 

Gambled and failed - but I really don’t think it was done with bad intentions. Do you? 

I honestly don’t know Sal. What I do know, from what I’ve read, is he can pay the money he owes. He is choosing not to and in the process hurting a lot of people. That for me is inexcusable regardless of intent. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

The parachute payments were because if the above happened, nobody would sign for the bottom half clubs. They're entirely there to try and keep the Prem more competitive. 

The parachute payments ARE NOT there for this reason at all. They are there to supplement the revenue streams that are lost upon relegation and to ensure that non-playing staff are looked after.

If clubs don't want to put wage reductions in contracts (a bit like we didn't when we went down) then it is more fool them!

Guest LondonOwl313
19 hours ago, Plonk said:

What you’re arguing for there is an end to limited liability for companies so that a shareholders assets can be used to meet the liabilities of companies they own.

The economy would basically come to a standstill if that happened as nobody would be able to take any risks through fear of it going wrong and losing everything 

It's all boll@cks. How these rules are meant to be protecting clubs is beyond me. While ever parachute payments from relegated ex Premier clubs is in force the ffp rules just aren't fair. 

Also I have a real problem with deduction of points for business reasons. Its the fans of the clubs who suffer from every angle. It impossible to police fairly across all the clubs. It's a shambles the efl is going to ruin football even more than the Premier league is. 

All football fans of all clubs need to get together and force a simple fairer system to actually help clubs and their fans opposed to punishing clubs already in trouble. It's like kicking someone when they are knocked out on the floor. 

The proposed European super league created such an uproar all fans got together to fight it. The difference is the mighty media empire sky was shitt@ng themselves and never missed an opportunity to slag it off. 

I think i need to point out that there needs to be a separation between the club and the chairman or business owners that have caused the damage. Yes these people need punishing. But what is the point in punishing Derby for people who are probably long gone and never gave a throw about the club only making money 

21 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Relegated Premier league clubs shouldn't receive millions of pounds when they are relegated,but it's being allowed to happen for some bizarre reason. 

They should receive the payments for all the reasons set out in this thread, but should start the season with a points deduction to level up the playing field .  ie if you receive para payments you start on say -9

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

They should receive the payments for all the reasons set out in this thread, but should start the season with a points deduction to level up the playing field .  ie if you receive para payments you start on say -9

Nice idea but crosses the line between money and points too much. Its almost like buying or selling points. I think its all much simpler to fix. Football needs from the top to the bottom financial caps to stop the obsurd amount of money ruining the game even more