Plymouth tickets

29 minutes ago, Aston on Trent Owl said:

You guys on the trains need to keep a close eye on the timetable as from Bristol onwards there are poo loads of rail problems down here

Apparently nearly all trains heading to Cornwall were stopped (prior to reaching as far as Plymouth in Devon) for a couple of days this week, as a Tesco lorry got stuck under a railway bridge and it was unsafe to travel over. People had to get out at Bristol or Exeter to get coaches for the rest of their journeys, but I believe this problem is now resolved ?  Somewhat unbelievable that one bridge can bring down a whole network to the South West.

Unvelievable decision to not give us more tickets. Football clubs are stupid.

I remember a few years ago at sunderland, the year they got relegated, that ground was only about 30 % full, yet they still only gave us 1500 tickets or so, when we could have taken maybe 4 or 5000.

What about generating an atmosphere, the excitement of the occassion, to encourage people to go back?

Such a blinkered attitude

• Like 1

Maybe the club will put pressure on for more tickets, especially if they’re getting loads of enquiries. As per my photograph on page 1 or 2 there is another entire block (20) that they have previously used for away fans. Maybe they’re waiting to see how many home tickets are sold first. If they come around the corner from the Lyndhurst, then they will use block 20 as a segregation block. There is reduced seating in the main stand due to a design  cocc up which means only people with very short legs can enjoy the game 😀. Also many safety concerns about crowded concourses in a stand that was completely rebuilt only a couple of years ago.

Its a shame because despite all the comments on here about it being a very long trip (it is), I think we would have comfortably sold another 500 tickets. 

Edited by Devonstrix

I live down here and the Plymouth fans see this as a massive game and can’t believe we haven’t been given 3k tickets.

But I and many more will be in the home end. Not difficult,  just join up as a member and buy a ticket. If you have family who don’t live in Sheffield even easier.

it is all ticket but not sold out at the moment. No excuses, fill yer boots 🦉😎

1 hour ago, DevonOwls said:

I live down here and the Plymouth fans see this as a massive game and can’t believe we haven’t been given 3k tickets.

But I and many more will be in the home end. Not difficult,  just join up as a member and buy a ticket. If you have family who don’t live in Sheffield even easier.

it is all ticket but not sold out at the moment. No excuses, fill yer boots 🦉😎

Out of interest which stand have you booked as I was looking to go with a couple of pals from Exeter 

6 hours ago, WestBerksOwl said:

Apparently nearly all trains heading to Cornwall were stopped (prior to reaching as far as Plymouth in Devon) for a couple of days this week, as a Tesco lorry got stuck under a railway bridge and it was unsafe to travel over. People had to get out at Bristol or Exeter to get coaches for the rest of their journeys, but I believe this problem is now resolved ?  Somewhat unbelievable that one bridge can bring down a whole network to the South West.

Been on West Country news toneet that the bridge is being fixed by borrowing pit props from South Crofty tin mine. Normal service will resume over the weekend. (Not true about pit props but it is being mended)

Bloody Tesco lorry following sat nav again, happens all the time round here, usually a delivery van stuck in a narrow lane pulled out by tra’tor. Once we had an ambulance stuck in a lane for 2 hours when it had been called out to a burst appendix patient, had to send a second ambulance out in the end. Bumpers, wheel trims, wing mirrors, roof racks all sorts of stuff sticking out of hedges! You can’t get to t’blackberries for debris!!🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Unvelievable decision to not give us more tickets. Football clubs are stupid.

I remember a few years ago at sunderland, the year they got relegated, that ground was only about 30 % full, yet they still only gave us 1500 tickets or so, when we could have taken maybe 4 or 5000.

What about generating an atmosphere, the excitement of the occassion, to encourage people to go back?

Such a blinkered attitude

If I remember right, and that’s not a certainty, it was due to us standing up at away games and someone in authority got the face on about it and restricted our allocation because of that.

i went a few years ago and they gave us the full 3,000 up in a tier just below the ionosphere.

21 hours ago, sternlad said:

Been on West Country news toneet that the bridge is being fixed by borrowing pit props from South Crofty tin mine. Normal service will resume over the weekend. (Not true about pit props but it is being mended)

Bloody Tesco lorry following sat nav again, happens all the time round here, usually a delivery van stuck in a narrow lane pulled out by tra’tor. Once we had an ambulance stuck in a lane for 2 hours when it had been called out to a burst appendix patient, had to send a second ambulance out in the end. Bumpers, wheel trims, wing mirrors, roof racks all sorts of stuff sticking out of hedges! You can’t get to t’blackberries for debris!!🤣

Pit props? South Crofty? Luxury. Tin miners used to dream of stuff like that. 

My father worked at Silverwood pit for 12 years and then at South Crofty till he retired, having moved us all down to Cornwall. He used to say that conditions in the tin mines made coal mining seem easy. He should know. He had a two ton slab of granite drop on him from seam he were working one day. 
Pit props - pah! 

• Haha 1

On 02/09/2021 at 22:31, Chris Apolon said:

Out of interest which stand have you booked as I was looking to go with a couple of pals from Exeter 

5 of us in the Lyndhurst Stand.

Still tickets available down here.I’ll never hear the end of it if we lose this one!

• Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 02:50, wakefieldowl said:

If there are so many empty seats at the away end, just buy tickets in the plymouth end ( as quite a few have already done). Im sure stewards would happily relocate you to the empty seats at the away end, than have a problem in the home end

Be like Blackburn in 1980. Just send someone to the ground two weeks before to buy a dozen tickets in the home end. What could possibly go wrong 😀😀😀

On 02/09/2021 at 05:40, royalowlisback said:

On Footballgroundguide.com (don't know how reliable it is) it states that away allocations can be increased up to 2022. So there may be more available later.

That's no good, we need them now in 2021!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

I was a bit worried that may be where the lairy plymouth fans might be

E

4 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

I was a bit worried that may be where the lairy plymouth fans might be

Don’t think so, i’ve got a mate at work with a season ticket in there and he says it will be fine. Also says they are expecting plenty of Wednesdayites in there because of the ******** poor allocation. Go for it.

At Morecambe last week there were at least 100+ owls on the side terrace and the stewards just pretended not to notice when we just climbed over the wall and into the away end. I’m 55 by the way and not exactly trying to draw attention to myself.

Buy a ticket, you know it makes sense 🙃😬🙄😎 

• Like 1