Plymouth tickets

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Would it be cheeky to ask how much best I can get is 103 pounds

I checked the rail splitter and with a railcard it was about £65 each. Prob about £100 if you don't have a railcard. It was about 10 different tickets though, even though you're still on the same train (Sheffield-Plymouth direct), right faff. Search the rail splitter website (they include their commission of about £18 but you can book it all yourself using their suggestions and save that)

Think it'll be the first game of the season I'll be missing though. Just cba with over 10 hours on a train in 1 day, it's not so bad if you can make a weekend of it but I can't do it that week. Coach is a bit cheaper but still £53, nightmare though with lack of leg room, went to Morecambe on one yday and that was bad enough. Or it's a long dull and pricey car journey, which I did last time I went there.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

(they include their commission of about £18 but you can book it all yourself using their suggestions and save that)

NB - it was that much because I searched based on 2 people travelling with a Two Together railcard. It'd be less if you were on your own or more if it was a group of 3+. But as I say you can just book the tickets they suggest separately on the ticket booking site of your choice. I usually do it all on EMR as they don't charge a commission. 

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I checked the rail splitter and with a railcard it was about £65 each. Prob about £100 if you don't have a railcard. It was about 10 different tickets though, even though you're still on the same train (Sheffield-Plymouth direct), right faff. Search the rail splitter website (they include their commission of about £18 but you can book it all yourself using their suggestions and save that)

Think it'll be the first game of the season I'll be missing though. Just cba with over 10 hours on a train in 1 day, it's not so bad if you can make a weekend of it but I can't do it that week. Coach is a bit cheaper but still £53, nightmare though with lack of leg room, went to Morecambe on one yday and that was bad enough. Or it's a long dull and pricey car journey, which I did last time I went there.

so £103 return is pretty much par for the course then. 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

so £103 return is pretty much par for the course then. 

If you're using the splitter and no railcard I guess, but there'll still be mad people who just blindly pay the Sheffield-Plymouth return fare which was about £150 last time I looked!

Do you have a railcard to get it down to £65? If there's more than one of you and you don't, it's worth getting one as you'd save more than the cost of the card just from this one away day. I usually go away with 1 other person so we have a Two Together card which costs us just £15 each for a year and knocks a third off every fare.

Some of us have that sort of trip every time we come to S6. 😀. Night matches get home about 3am. Still love it though. Must admit, as I’ve got older I’ve usually taken to stopping in the Premier Inn near Meadowhall these days. 

At least most of the holiday traffic will have finished by then for the car and coach travelers. Can’t imagine getting the train! 

Going back after in the car, you should be back in Sheffield by 11 or just after with one stop. Depends how much ale you’ve had I suppose. 

• Like 4