Premier League 21/22

Guest Mcguigan
21 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

In an ideal world, we go up, pigs stay where they are and Leeds go down. 

Let the battle of Yorkshire commence.

£90m pp payments, £80m from Phillips and Raphinha sales alone, plus an already very good squad of players for the Championship, I don't fancy our chances.

Leeds' fans having a proper meltdown on Twitter.

Blame getting laid everywhere, though it appears the owner who is copping most of it.

Funny how quickly things can turn.

Guest Mcguigan
9 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just had a look at Leeds last fixtures against those for Everton and the scousers seem to have a much easier run in. Good.

Not sure Leeds coming down is good for any club looking to get promoted from the Championship next season.

Their finances are very good and they'll have millions to spend.

Everton are financially screwed if they go down. Drastic player sales required  to cover huge losses and the vast amount of that money won't be reinvested into a Championship squad. They could be down for years.

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Leeds' fans having a proper meltdown on Twitter.

Blame getting laid everywhere, though it appears the owner who is copping most of it.

Funny how quickly things can turn.

They're gone. Doubt they'll get 3 more points. Maybe Brighton at home but that's it.

44 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

£90m pp payments, £80m from Phillips and Raphinha sales alone, plus an already very good squad of players for the Championship, I don't fancy our chances.

Neither do I, you're right.

But I wouldn't fancy our chances anyway, not as a promoted side.

We'd have a lot of work to do to have any hope of challenging.

But at least relegation would prevent Leeds establishing themselves as a PL team again.

And they often blow it, run out of steam and/or lose play-offs.

Even if they ought to go up, it doesn't mean they will.

We're far from guaranteed promotion this season, and what we absolutely don't want is Leeds (or the Blades) to be two divisions above us.

Come on Everton!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Not sure Leeds coming down is good for any club looking to get promoted from the Championship next season.

Their finances are very good and they'll have millions to spend.

Everton are financially screwed if they go down. Drastic player sales required  to cover huge losses and the vast amount of that money won't be reinvested into a Championship squad. They could be down for years.

Logic would suggest Leeds go straight back up, but it isn't always that easy.

Do wonder if they'll have quite a big turnover in terms of players, regardless of what division theyll be in next season.

Edited by SiJ

it's so tight

My mind changes every week tbh - thought Leeds were safe after beating Watford - thought Burnley had done enough after beating Watford Yesterday - then Everton pull that result out of the bag...

It's brilliant and for a change might see a respectable points total needed to stay up