Premier League 21/22

Of Everton, Burnley and Leeds, I'm hoping Leeds will go down. Burnley have gotten their mojo back now Dyche has gone (and I'd love to know what went down there, I found the timing of Dyche's sacking weird) and Everton MIGHT be OK, but have a diabolical away record, which could shaft them, plus they've got a tough final game at the Emirates. 

Liverpool will win it because they always land on their feet.

7 hours ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

Of Everton, Burnley and Leeds, I'm hoping Leeds will go down. Burnley have gotten their mojo back now Dyche has gone (and I'd love to know what went down there, I found the timing of Dyche's sacking weird) and Everton MIGHT be OK, but have a diabolical away record, which could shaft them, plus they've got a tough final game at the Emirates. 

Liverpool will win it because they always land on their feet.

I heard Burnley didn’t have much of a choice. Not sure how true it is, like you say though, very strange decision unless there was a problem behind the scenes..

Listened to Gary Nevilles podcast and he made a great point. 

Hearing the same voice for year after year, the voice, regardless of how good it is becomes less effective. 

He said Fergie never used to interact with the players much in the week, and would regularly change his backroom coaches (McLaren, Meulensteen, Phelan, Queiroz, Kidd etc) So the players never got bored and it was a new voice every 2/3 seasons. 

If Dyche was hands on, he did bloody well to maintain it this long, but given the reaction I think its definitely a case of too much of the same 

12 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

No coincidence that Forest and ourselves were the ones to drop pre parachute payments.

4 of the 6 teams who got relegated in 1999/2000 and 2000/2001 have yet to make it back - us, Coventry, Bradford and Wimbledon. (Forest went down in 1998/1999.) Coventry had been a top-flight team for decades, and Wimbledon, like us, had been up there for most of the 90s. OK, they're a special case, but maybe with parachute payments their history would have been different. Even with Bradford, you can imagine them consolidating after relegation with parachute payments, ready for another tilt at promotion later, as Huddersfield have done.

• Like 2

Find it interesting how some people still hate Man Utd despite them being rubbish for 10 years now and this is their worst team since the 80’s, yet they are happy for Liverpool and their fans to win 4 trophies in a season!  The mind boggles 

• Like 2

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Find it interesting how some people still hate Man Utd despite them being rubbish for 10 years now and this is their worst team since the 80’s, yet they are happy for Liverpool and their fans to win 4 trophies in a season!  The mind boggles 

I used to hate Man U in the 90s (partly because, unbelievably, we were briefly competing with them) and 00s when they won everything and had glory hunting fans. I don’t mind them so much now, certainly prefer them to Liverpool.

What is interesting is lots of people in Sheffield seem to now be adopting City as a second (or first) team. Seems like they feel it’s acceptable as they’re not Liverpool or Man U (traditional destinations for glory hunters)