Premier League 21/22

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Leeds' fans having a proper meltdown on Twitter.

Blame getting laid everywhere, though it appears the owner who is copping most of it.

Funny how quickly things can turn.

I don’t see this yank manager lasting long if they’re in the championship next year. He’ll be like a rabbit in the headlights in that division. 

The resentment at sacking Bielsa is going to resurface big time if they don’t get out of this. 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Thought Everton would win. Leeds will pick up enough points at home.

Still think Burnley go.

From who though? They only have two home games left and they’re against Chelsea and Brighton. I think that’s 3 points tops. 

24 minutes ago, Rogers said:

How lovely would it be to see Leeds drop

It would be great but it would be hilarious to see Everton go too

Best for us is Burnley going down as they’ll be the least threat to our inevitable back to back promotion charge 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve always quite liked Everton. But at the same time do think it would be funny if they dropped.

Everton ruined many a Wednesdayites dreams in the 80s;

When do they move into the new stadium? Could open it against Rotherham or someone. 

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Everton ruined many a Wednesdayites dreams in the 80s;

When do they move into the new stadium? Could open it against Rotherham or someone. 

Only time I want Everton to win is when playing Liverpool, saying that a lot of family support Everton so I have to keep quite. lol

1966 FA Cup final is another reason to not like them. 

I'm guessing new ground won't be ready for a couple of years.

16 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I don’t see this yank manager lasting long if they’re in the championship next year. He’ll be like a rabbit in the headlights in that division. 

The resentment at sacking Bielsa is going to resurface big time if they don’t get out of this. 

And ironically if they do go down it will be 95% Bielsas fault 

8 hours ago, Django said:

It would be great but it would be hilarious to see Everton go too

Best for us is Burnley going down as they’ll be the least threat to our inevitable back to back promotion charge 

Couldn't disagree more.

I think they'd be the biggest threat of Leeds, them and Everton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

Are Chelsea in a bit of poor form  ?

Inconsistent.

Think it's two defeats in five or something.

Got a few big players out of contract and the Lukaku issue.

You suspect Tuchel may have been done for if the Roman was still in charge.

On 02/05/2022 at 09:35, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve always quite liked Everton. But at the same time do think it would be funny if they dropped.

Everton are one of the few Prem clubs I don't have an issue with, but them dropping is just too much banter to ignore.

Yeah, I'm in the Everton are ok camp. 

Perhaps because of who they share a city with. 

But yes, the idea of spending half a billion to get relegated is quite funny. 

Carragher said if they get relegated they'd be the biggest club to ever go down (from the PL cos obvs football was invented in 1992)

Newcastle

Leeds

West Ham

Villa

Everton

Wonder who most people would see as the biggest club from those 5

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Carragher said if they get relegated they'd be the biggest club to ever go down (from the PL cos obvs football was invented in 1992)

Newcastle

Leeds

West Ham

Villa

Everton

Wonder who most people would see as the biggest club from those 5

Well, Everton are bigger than West Ham.

They've won a lot more than Leeds and Newcastle. They also have a massive fanbase comparable with those two clubs. Goodison, historical as it is, holds them back.

I'd put Villa ahead of Everton. Similar levels of success in terms of trophies, plus the European cup.

On 03/05/2022 at 14:55, fudge27 said:

GNev touched on it recently… saying that Everton can go down, and history tells us big clubs do…. Then we got a mention… along with Leeds and Forest IIRC

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

GNev touched on it recently… saying that Everton can go down, and history tells us big clubs do…. Then we got a mention… along with Leeds and Forest IIRC

Big clubs can drop, but us and Forest are still the unfortunate templates for dropping and never getting back. 22 years for us. Slightly longer than that for Forest, although I’m backing them to end that this year.

It’s honestly ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Big clubs can drop, but us and Forest are still the unfortunate templates for dropping and never getting back. 22 years for us. Slightly longer than that for Forest, although I’m backing them to end that this year.

It’s honestly ridiculous. 

No coincidence that Forest and ourselves were the ones to drop pre parachute payments.

• Like 2