Out of the cup

15 minutes ago, Worthing_owl said:

Before the league games have started, must be a record even for us!!

Get a striker and we may not be too disappointed we went out and we can focus on getting out of this awful league.

Last time it happened was 2008.

I am actually glad we are out with the league,papajohns and fa cup still to come I’d rather have the players fit for the league not injured like today

our focus is gelling the squad so cup games do help but I’d rather they crack on with the league

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Thanks 1

Let’s us concentrate on the league :duntmatter:

Seriously though, we were never going to win the cup were we?  It’s a total unknown what this new bunch of players can achieve in this League, but that’s where our efforts should be concentrated. 

• Like 1

Just now, dykwim said:

Let’s us concentrate on the league :duntmatter:

Seriously though, we were never going to win the cup were we?  It’s a total unknown what this new bunch of players can achieve in this League, but that’s where our efforts should be concentrated. 

I also think a few people may not be happy with how the league goes this season. We have a lot of new faces who are only just starting to gel it may take a season or two to get fully upto speed with it. 

as long as we keep strengthening and not stagnate

The Carabao cup is as tinpot as the pizza cup, we now have to play in. Both a waste of time.

In the 30 years since we won it, has been devalued to an inconvenient, mostly reserves competition. 

Not bothered one bit about being out.

I don't think we have a deep enough squad to worry about the cups.

If you have at least 20 first teamers then the cups can be good to keep game time up. But our squad is too thin for that at present.

In a weird way, the Tin Pot trophy could be the most important to us this season. Hopefully give the fringe youngsters important game time.

6 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I don't think we have a deep enough squad to worry about the cups.

Agree. 

At least we didn’t lose in 90 mins yesterday (if you pretend it’s like a normal league game) 

What worries me is that it obviously goes down as a loss yesterday, and we don’t want to get too used to that (like last season). 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Agree. 

At least we didn’t lose in 90 mins yesterday (if you pretend it’s like a normal league game) 

What worries me is that it obviously goes down as a loss yesterday, and we don’t want to get too used to that (like last season). 

My attitude is that when it comes to form you only look at 90 minutes. I get that this wasn't the final result but if it is the best indicator of form. Penalties don't say anything about form.

So far this season we have had a draw against a team from the level above which is a good start.

Just like last season we only managed a draw against League 2 opposition, despite winning on penalties.

Guest T Hardy
19 hours ago, Noleafclover said:

Glad we're out of it tbh I couldn't care less about any of the cups this year, it's all about the league. 

This

When you’re in the Championship the 3rd round FA cup draw is quite exciting but now we’ll have to win 2 games to get there