⚽️WEDNESDAY -V- HUDDERSFIELD Carabao Cup Rnd1 - OMDT⚽️

Huddersfield fans reacting well 🤣 to me suggesting they’ll go down on twitter. I genuinely think they’ll struggle but because they’ve dominated us for 90 mins and won a penalty shootout, they obviously think they’re nailed on to get promotion 😐

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Huddersfield fans reacting well 🤣 to me suggesting they’ll go down on twitter. I genuinely think they’ll struggle but because they’ve dominated us for 90 mins and won a penalty shootout, they obviously think they’re nailed on to get promotion 😐

They're just a weird bunch.

They were the better team today and had the better chances, but it wasn't exactly the Alamo.

We are a pretty new League One team trying to come together and they're a Championship outfit. 

Bit like us, I thought they looked quite powder puff in the final third.

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Huddersfield will be fine next season. Defensively and in central midfield, they are fine. Don’t think they are great in the final third and the Rhodes signing does nothing to improve them. 

Enjoyed the game. Some definite pluses, Iorfa coming back. I thought Hutch was immense and Wing looks a class above and will be very important but our pack of chances created is alarming. Patterson up front is horrific and wide areas we didn't offer much. Oh keeper did well too.

As I have been at work all day so listened on Radio Sheffield, someone is telling porkies……People on here and DM saying it was a decent game where we matched Udders…..BUT listening the RS, we were second best by a distance and didn’t really create anything 

16 minutes ago, cain said:

As I have been at work all day so listened on Radio Sheffield, someone is telling porkies……People on here and DM saying it was a decent game where we matched Udders…..BUT listening the RS, we were second best by a distance and didn’t really create anything 

If it was Giddings and Laws commentating, you’ve got to expect that mate? The Wednesday version of Matterface/Dixon.

• Haha 2

Just now, TINGLE75 said:

Enjoyed the game. Some definite pluses, Iorfa coming back. I thought Hutch was immense and Wing looks a class above and will be very important but our pack of chances created is alarming. Patterson up front is horrific and wide areas we didn't offer much. Oh keeper did well too.

Would like to see Paterson go and free up for another striker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cain said:

RS were right. Udders goalie could’ve spent the first half having a nap! Couldn’t build from the back and constantly gave the ball away in dangerous places, especially Adeniran. With better Strikers or without BPF they’d have been out of sight! Slightly better second half but was sort of game whereby if we’d scored, it would have been a ‘smash and grab’!

• Like 2

Solid at the back, midfield ok, up front definitely needs work.

Patterson ran around a lot but didnt really offer much, Green seemed scared of the ball. Brown (who i thought was a left back but had the most shots today) did better in this game than his namesake did all last season.

Shame Shodipo went off early as didnt see much of him. FDB did better than Green but i'd have done better than Green

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve not really been able to focus on the football today. Don’t know if it’s being in a lower league, this match being the league cup or the Olympics being a bit distracting.

In particular the Women’s Weight Lifting has caught my eye. It would be super useful to have a wife who could lift 148kg’s.

But just wondered if anyone else was similarly de-motivated about football?

Lol not seen it but some of them aren’t women though are they.. would want to be careful  

Based on that I wouldn’t recommend watching us to neutrals. Very little entertainment value.

We’re defensively solid but once we get on the ball we’re just shapeless, we don’t seem to have any discernible patterns of play.

Most positive thing I could say is you certainly couldn’t tell Huddersfield are a league above us. They were marginally better than us over the 90 but not exactly by much.

30 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Based on that I wouldn’t recommend watching us to neutrals. Very little entertainment value.

We’re defensively solid but once we get on the ball we’re just shapeless, we don’t seem to have any discernible patterns of play.

Most positive thing I could say is you certainly couldn’t tell Huddersfield are a league above us. They were marginally better than us over the 90 but not exactly by much.

Sounds like same old same old then. Same problems as last few seasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve not really been able to focus on the football today. Don’t know if it’s being in a lower league, this match being the league cup or the Olympics being a bit distracting.

In particular the Women’s Weight Lifting has caught my eye. It would be super useful to have a wife who could lift 148kg’s.

But just wondered if anyone else was similarly de-motivated about football?

Forgot we were playing until 1.30pm when I drove past the ground and saw the cars.

Not felt so unenthusiastic and less optimistic since the Chris Turner days.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And with that, Rhodes is back in the position of having scored more Hillsborough goals for Huddersfield than he did for Wednesday.

Crazy stat.

A complete bottler. He also went 3 years without scoring a goal for Wednesday at Hillsborough. 

1 hour ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

RS were right. Udders goalie could’ve spent the first half having a nap! Couldn’t build from the back and constantly gave the ball away in dangerous places, especially Adeniran. With better Strikers or without BPF they’d have been out of sight! Slightly better second half but was sort of game whereby if we’d scored, it would have been a ‘smash and grab’!

They’d have been out of sight in the first half without our keeper?

lol

If any of their 3 attempts had finished in the net I’d have been wanting Wildsmith bringing on.