⚽️WEDNESDAY -V- HUDDERSFIELD Carabao Cup Rnd1 - OMDT⚽️

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Inundated with crass remarks? I’ve only answered your strange posts? I’m out of this. Got far better things to do.

As long as you heed the advice I'll be happy.

I watched that today and thought we are 3 players short of what we need, then realising we were playing a team in the division above us.

3 good signings would make us a decent championship team so we should have no problem in League One competing at the right end.

1 possibly 2 wingers needed and a striker.

BPF and Wing looked good today, need a bit more in the bench though to be able to change it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Inundated with crass remarks? I’ve only answered your strange posts? I’m out of this. Got far better things to do.

And so the season starts... Fellow Owlstalk falling out on day 1 of the season... Love it. 

• Like 1

Just now, JOCOWl said:

And so the season starts... Fellow Owlstalk falling out on day 1 of the season... Love it. 

‘Fights’ aren’t what’s they used to be are they though? The worst injury anyone has ever got from an internet spat is  sprained thumbs from speed typing…

15 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I watched that today and thought we are 3 players short of what we need, then realising we were playing a team in the division above us.

3 good signings would make us a decent championship team so we should have no problem in League One competing at the right end.

1 possibly 2 wingers needed and a striker..

Lets not forget we're a work in progress.

There's no way we were ever going to turn last seasons omnishambles around in a single game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

‘Fights’ aren’t what’s they used to be are they though? The worst injury anyone has ever got from an internet spat is  sprained thumbs from speed typing…

We had loads of better feights in the championship, we are now the sleeping giant of the feight league 

Tbh, it felt like a glorified friendly for the most part.

Huddersfield standing their arms in arms for the pen shootout seemed mildly absurd as did some of their celebrations.

As for us, positives and negatives.

Plenty of effort out there and I thought we looked pretty solid. That back four should be more than fine at League One level and the keeper looks a step up from what we had.

Was impressed with Wing who has plenty of ability and Adeniran has something about him.

The biggest worry atm is the lack of goals/goal threat. Patterson will get goals, but his all round play is pretty awful. Wasn't overly impressed with Green who I felt squandered some good moments. Shodipo didn't do all that much before he went off. Tbf, Brown was an upgrade and came closest to scoring.

Early days, but much to work on.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Five Archers said:

We had loads of better feights in the championship, we are now the sleeping giant of the feight league 

Yes, but the fights of the early to mid 90s we’re the best. That’s when fights were real fights and we had international quality fighters fighting for us. 
Well never see days like that again though. Not in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Yes, but the fights of the early to mid 90s we’re the best. That’s when fights were real fights and we had international quality fighters fighting for us. 
Well never see days like that again though. Not in my lifetime. 

Your right mate, I’ve gone all Misty eyed for the feights in the mid 90’s

• Haha 1

I’ve not really been able to focus on the football today. Don’t know if it’s being in a lower league, this match being the league cup or the Olympics being a bit distracting.

In particular the Women’s Weight Lifting has caught my eye. It would be super useful to have a wife who could lift 148kg’s.

But just wondered if anyone else was similarly de-motivated about football?