The Wilderless Years

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

At a minimum they won’t get to keep Gibbs-White and you’d assume have to sell Berge at a bit of a cut price. 

I don’t think they’ll implode overnight but their ability to keep players, replace players with quality or improve in any way is going to suffer. And that starts right now. 

Yep. 

I don't seem them plummeting or anything like that, but they could end up descending into mid-table Championship mediocrity. 

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

At a minimum they won’t get to keep Gibbs-White and you’d assume have to sell Berge at a bit of a cut price. 

I don’t think they’ll implode overnight but their ability to keep players, replace players with quality or improve in any way is going to suffer. And that starts right now. 

Problem is that they’ll struggle to flog some of these players. No one in their right mind is taking Brewster for a big fee and paying him £50k a week. Hope he and a few others do a Jack Rodwell and bleed them dry 

• Like 1

Just now, Django said:

Problem is that they’ll struggle to flog some of these players. No one in their right mind is taking Brewster for a big fee and paying him £50k a week. Hope he and a few others do a Jack Rodwell and bleed them dry 

Yeah. That’s why I mentioned Berge but not Brewster. I do think Berge will have suitors, especially if the price is now lower. The Brewster situation is absolutely hilarious.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

I don't seem them plummeting or anything like that, but they could end up descending into mid-table Championship mediocrity. 

Yeah, I can’t see a spectacular collapse any time soon but a definite slow decline I’d likely

Heckingbottom is a bang average manager, GW will be returning to wolves, Billy the pig can’t go on forever and hopefully they ain’t got a pot to ******** in 

7 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Difference been, we were up against a much better team then us in the final. 

They are the favourites 

Spot on.

That's something which many Owls fans don't appreciate.

Hull were better than us, and Carlos' tactics in that game were justified, if they weren't a year later against 'Udders.

Let's be honest, but for Brighton's injuries we'd probably never have got to the final anyway.

• Like 1