The Wilderless Years

Just now, McRightSide said:

They have significant parachute payments in yr 2 and plenty of saleable assets

They will be near the top of the league financially

They took out loans based on the tv deal. 

They spent very little this season, largely relying on loans. That's despite flogging Rammers for 30 million. 

The wage bill will be one of the highest, but I'd expect a few will be moving on in the summer. 

Just now, SiJ said:

They spent very little this season, largely relying on loans. That's despite flogging Rammers for 30 million. 

The wage bill will be one of the highest, but I'd expect a few will be moving on in the summer. 

Yeah I know, but that’s quite normal

Reality won’t bite until year 3

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They also bought Rammers for £19m with the £30 m based on add one.....eg. arsenal getting into next year's champion league

I think they got £24 without the add ons

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Yeah I know, but that’s quite normal

Reality won’t bite until year 3

I agree, but the decline has to start somewhere, and like I mentioned earlier, thankfully it starts right now.

I feel a lot better just knowing MGW will be back at Wolves. 

• Like 1

The thing is, Tufty built a team there with spirit, and the core of that survives.

I'm glad they've lost - talk about the longest night - but they did make a go of it and they made us suffer to the end.

We were staring down a barrel big time tonight, and we've got away with it.

Dem Blades is staying daaaaaarn.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

I agree, but the decline has to start somewhere, and like I mentioned earlier, thankfully it starts right now.

I feel a lot better just knowing MGW will be back at Wolves. 

Without him and a 36 year old Sharp, I don't think they'd have got near the play offs this season tbh. 

Gibbs White is a PL player for me. 

• Like 1

They are in a mess off the field. Hedged their parachute payments against a high-interest loan whilst still in the PL, and are facing a very big financial dilema.

The moneyless Prince is also still in battle with McCabe, who owns land around the Stain. For spiteful reasons McCabe has applied for, and been granted, planning permission which could see access to their kop blocked, and mean a reduction in that stand of 4,000 due to safety concerns. In the grand scheme of things, the reduction will probably not make much difference, as the fans will simply sit elsewhere.

Like many clubs, they need investment, but if the interested American party get wind of the problems with McCabe, it could easily put them off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1