Andre Green

Reminds me a bit of Jacob Murphy when he came here. Obviously got talent but just wasn't dominating games. A few good things in a game but a bit half hearted and drifted out for long periods. I see the same in Green.

Green came here half fit and never got going last season but you could see he had talent. Was well thought of at one time but had lost his way. I'm hoping a good preseason under his belt and he can start to find his form. I think there is a player in there if only he can get a run of games. If he does click he should be an outstanding force in this division. I hope we have got his contract sorted properly because he could be off at the end of the season if we haven't got an optional extension.

23 years old... make or break time.

Needs to give 110% for us or he'll be amongst the cannon fodder of L1/L2 for the rest of his career.

As one of the "big clubs" in League One it's his perfect time to shine, hopefully he's up for it. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

I don’t th8nk he will be very good tbh..6 months without a club speaks volumes 

Edited by Therealrealist

7 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

He looked a real threat at the start against Everton, then never looked remotely interested in being here in any performance after that.

My thoughts are similar. I thought his body-language was appalling in the games he played, showing signs of an easily dispirited player.

The biggest concern is obviously his fitness. His record is nothing short of dismal.

That said, there’s little doubt he has talent. Could we be lucky and see him get the season off to a flier, and stay fit and willing thereafter?

Seen him a few times and twice recently in preseason…doesn’t look good enough to me. He may have scored against alfreton but their fullback controlled him for most of the second half!! He was the one who I was hoping was going to provide a bit of pace and creativity but to be honest, he provided neither. 

25 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I can just see it. 10 goals+ , 10 assists and leaves for nothing next summer.

I’d take that. Cost nothing, small contract. We get 10 goals and assists out of him he’ll have done a great job for us. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

His achievements this season will be decided by his efforts not his ability.

Doesn’t matter how much effort you put in if you have no ability, so I would say his ability will definitely play a big part.

I think he will be a big player for us in L1 as long as he keeps fit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Should be decent at this level. Much depends on how hard he is willing to work.

We've said that a few times when young men join the club saying the right things. Precious few have gone on and made it. Just maybe Andre will be an exception.....

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Is this in the same way you said we weren't getting a fee for Borner? 🤔

Yes it’s the same me who said we wudnt get a fee for borner and I don’t think andre green is any good..and fwiw I’d hardly call 126k a ‘fee’..they’ve probably just decided to pay the wages we owed him so he would make the move or summat

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yes it’s the same me who said we wudnt get a fee for borner and I don’t think andre green is any good..and fwiw I’d hardly call 126k a ‘fee’..they’ve probably just decided to pay the wages we owed him so he would make the move or summat

But we did get a fee though yeah?

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

But we did get a fee though yeah?

Not really..they’ve paid what we owe him to allow the transaction to go thru...don’t think that money will have been received by swfc...and I still don’t think Andre green will have much impact for us

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Not really..they’ve paid what we owe him to allow the transaction to go thru...don’t think that money will have been received by swfc...and I still don’t think Andre green will have much impact for us

Thanks for admitting you're wrong.

Well done mate