Andre Green

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

I have quite a few Villa mates from work/England matches & to a man the desperately want him to succeed with us. He made a massive impact when he first broke into their first team squad & reached almost legendary status when he headed the last minute equaliser against the pigs when Villa came back from 3 down a few seasons ago.

Consensus is he's no Billy Bigbollox but a thoroughly good guy who deserves a bit of luck!

Interesting because he's never struck me as having an attitude problem either. Not every player with a stop-start career in their youth is due to application or attitude. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.

On paper, being (an assumed) guaranteed starter with a club like us at League One level is about as close to being handed a chance on a plate to kick start his career as possible. I like him and think he could be a difference maker for us. Hopefully he stays fit and puts some form together. Everybody should be hoping for the same too, because if this self sustainable club structure that everybody wants is to work then it's players exactly like Green that we need to be hoping are successful. 

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 5

I saw him play for Villa a couple of times when he broke in to their team a few years back and was pleased when he joined us because he looked destined for better things at that stage. 

Really hope he can kick on because he’s clearly got the ability to be more than decent at this level (and possibly higher)… just hope that if he does do well then we learn from our mistakes and tie him down to a longer deal, I think he’s out of contract next summer

12 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

I have quite a few Villa mates from work/England matches & to a man the desperately want him to succeed with us. He made a massive impact when he first broke into their first team squad & reached almost legendary status when he headed the last minute equaliser against the pigs when Villa came back from 3 down a few seasons ago.

Consensus is he's no Billy Bigbollox but a thoroughly good guy who deserves a bit of luck!

If he stays fit and focused pal we have a top level player who has still bags of potential to get even better 

• Like 3

I think it could be a Southgate / Sterling situation. He is clearly a confidence player, who can drop his shoulders when things don’t go for him. He has a manager who believes in him now, so assuming he is fully fit, I believe it will be his break thru season.

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

My Villa mates were gutted they released him and they were desperate for him to come good, they all had nothing but good things to say about Green.

They also said he's very much a confidence player, the crowd gets behind him and he goes from strength to strength.

I think if he gets the confidence and gets a run in the team, we've got a player on our hands who'll run the attack for us

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

E7Ngu3sXoAQKDHt.jpg

What we expecting from this lad this season?

The world is his oyster (at our club) in the coming months

All to play for..

Big season for him....I’ve seen villa fans on Twitter since he’s left saying they’d love him back one day.....in league 1 and at his age he needs to be taking the league by storm or he’ll just become another forgotten young player who didn’t get anywhere near his potential, I think he might just do that...

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

My cousin who supports Villa says same, keep him fully fit and he will be a great signing for us. 

• Like 1