Matchday prices announced

5 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

And how do you distinguish that before a ball has been kicked? 

We have scope within the category system to be cheaper than Doncaster and Rotherham.

Our prices are very similar to that of Rotherham.

We have a significantly higher budget than both, even if we still have a need for new players etc.

I’ll say it again, the prices are fair.

I feel like you have you finger stuck in your ears going blah blah blah when people speak.

All the facts and information to prove you incorrect you continue to spout the same rubbish.

We cannot afford to sign players on fees, we have over paid players we cannot get rid of, so of course we are going to have one of the highest budgets not well spent budgets just wasted budgets. We are woefully weak in so many areas of the pitch and with this current squad will be nearer to the bottom that the top of the league.

Lets see what price the first home game of the season is against Doncaster I suspect a category A game.

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Lets see what price the first home game of the season is against Doncaster I suspect a category A game.

It is cat A.

So £32 South, £29 North, £26 Kop.

I suspect those prices will put a lot off going.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I feel like you have you finger stuck in your ears going blah blah blah when people speak.

All the facts and information to prove you incorrect you continue to spout the same rubbish.

We cannot afford to sign players on fees, we have over paid players we cannot get rid of, so of course we are going to have one of the highest budgets not well spent budgets just wasted budgets. We are woefully weak in so many areas of the pitch and with this current squad will be nearer to the bottom that the top of the league.

It’s a fact that our prices are consistent with other teams within the division. It’s also a fact that they’re significantly cheaper than they’ve ever been under Chansiri. 

Two objective facts with regards to ticket pricing yet, I’m the one spouting rubbish in a thread regarding ticket prices…

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It’s irrelevant if the players we have on stupidly high contracts are world beaters or pub league players. They still have to be paid, we still have to generate money to pay them. 

Even if offering lower prices to get more fans in worked (it doesn’t, as proved by the special priced days, category based pricing blah blah blah) we’d still have to generate the cash somehow. 

You bleat on about us needing new players but conversely mosn about paying higher prices. What should we do? Go with Dawson or sign an upgrade? Go with Paterson and Adudoyin or sign an actual striker or two? 

Now if you think it’s sign better players, please stop moaning about having to pay for it. I’m sure all the low cost options you’ve quoted would just stick with their expensive mistakes. You can’t have it both ways. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It is cat A.

So £32 South, £29 North, £26 Kop.

I suspect those prices will put a lot off going.

It’s the first league home game which fans can attend 

The first home game was always going to be category A irrespective of who we were playing

The club are trying to maximise revenue

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

It’s the first league home game which fans can attend 

The first home game was always going to be category A irrespective of who we were playing

The club are trying to maximise revenue

Well it shouldn’t. It should be £10 a ticket everywhere in the ground and, we’ll pack it to the rafters every game.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It’s irrelevant if the players we have on stupidly high contracts are world beaters or pub league players. They still have to be paid, we still have to generate money to pay them. 

Even if offering lower prices to get more fans in worked (it doesn’t, as proved by the special priced days, category based pricing blah blah blah) we’d still have to generate the cash somehow. 

You bleat on about us needing new players but conversely mosn about paying higher prices. What should we do? Go with Dawson or sign an upgrade? Go with Paterson and Adudoyin or sign an actual striker or two? 

Now if you think it’s sign better players, please stop moaning about having to pay for it. I’m sure all the low cost options you’ve quoted would just stick with their expensive mistakes. You can’t have it both ways. 

Can someone point out to Phil above that we've just spent the last 5 years paying the highest prices to supposedly pay for better players and then explain to him (nicely) what the result of it has been?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Can someone point out to Phil above that we've just spent the last 5 years paying the highest prices to supposedly pay for better players and then explain to him (nicely) what the result of it has been?

Cheers! I’m having a slow day. I’m slightly lost that our fans want us to be sustainable but our fans also want us to not maximise revenue. I’m assuming they’d prefer us to not pay our bills, but it’s our chairman that’s a moron not Bob who wants all games at 20 quid even though demand for 25-30 quid makes us more money. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Cheers! I’m having a slow day. I’m slightly lost that our fans want us to be sustainable but our fans also want us to not maximise revenue. I’m assuming they’d prefer us to not pay our bills, but it’s our chairman that’s a moron not Bob who wants all games at 20 quid even though demand for 25-30 quid makes us more money. 

I think anyone who thinks we will fill the ground at £10 a ticket is misguided a bit - we wouldn't

We need to find a middle ground where the prices are reasonable enough to attract the maximum number of fans to come

I think the ones announced are ALMOST there

I'd have liked to have seen all categories scrapped - there's zero need for them

Instead what the club could do is take a look at the games over the season, predict the attendances, and then find what the average ticket price would have been using categories, and then just make all ticket prices that amount

Hope I've explained that right - I know what I mean but not sure if it's explained it properly

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Genuinely chuckled! Thanks. It’s a bit doom and gloom on here lately, thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

Hopefully the doom and gloom period is behind us

So many positives this week

It'll be great to get back to chatting about the football again

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully the doom and gloom period is behind us

So many positives this week

It'll be great to get back to chatting about the football again

I hope so! I see lots of positives coming through. Just hope we can embrace the changes and be empathetic to fact many of our problems can’t be instantly fixed. 

But like you say, lots of positive changes coming through. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think anyone who thinks we will fill the ground at £10 a ticket is misguided a bit - we wouldn't

We need to find a middle ground where the prices are reasonable enough to attract the maximum number of fans to come

I think the ones announced are ALMOST there

I'd have liked to have seen all categories scrapped - there's zero need for them

Instead what the club could do is take a look at the games over the season, predict the attendances, and then find what the average ticket price would have been using categories, and then just make all ticket prices that amount

Hope I've explained that right - I know what I mean but not sure if it's explained it properly

I can see your point with this. I’d have done 3 categories instead of the barmy 8 that we had previously. I’ve got no problem with the pricing. Credit where it’s due. I hope we can get some walk ups next season as previously you needed membership at £60 to get a ticket which was still overpriced. I remember paying £31 and £34 for the kop with the £5 discount.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I can see your point with this. I’d have done 3 categories instead of the barmy 8 that we had previously. 

Why tho?

Why have any categories at all?

We've all been brainwashed into thinking categories are something football should have but in reality what do we need them for?

Just average out the ticket prices over the season that you would have charged using a category system and just put all tickets on sale at that one price (any stand too)

Simplify it

No need for it to be complex in the slightest

It should be the same as buying a packet of crisps

Not like this:

"How much are the crisps mate?"

"well where will you be eating them?"

"Eh?"

"Where will you be eating them and how old are you, and have you got a crisps membership card?"

Owlstalk Shop