Matchday prices announced

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Pricing is one thing

The need for a 'category' is another

What you should be saying is £26 for the kop is fine!

Not '£26 for a category a game is fine'

There's NO need for ANY categories EVER

(in my opinion)

That’s your opinion and I have mine. 8 Categories, absurd. I think the 4 is too many but I’m comfortable with 3. 

But overall, I’ve got no complaints with the ticket pricing. I’ve been very negative with the clubs pricing historically but I’ve no real complaints this time around. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

That’s your opinion and I have mine. 8 Categories, absurd. I think the 4 is too many but I’m comfortable with 3.  

lol

WHY?!?!?

WHY the heck do you think ANY categories are necessary other than 'that's how it is'?

And why are you comfortable with three categories but not four? 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Really, what makes the likes of Ipswich such a top attraction that's going to make POTG'ers clamour to see and pay top dollar.

Have I missed them signing Messi over the Summer?

Maximise revenue 

Ipswich are historically have had a decent away following. By making it a category A game we can charge the away fans more

We will see this with our fans next season. Charlton first game is already a gold designated game, and it’s live on tv as well

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

When somebody asks me how much to go to Hillsborough I’d like to be able to tell them without starting off with the word “Depends”. 

This....

Anyone waking up on match day thinking, ah there's a game at Hillsborough today, I'll ring the mates see if they want to go. 

They all say yeah great how much is it, you say I don't know I'll have to look on the website.

Then there will be dithering and some won't be bothered.

Just make it £25 in the North/South, £20, every game. No categories nonsense, then everyone knows what it's going to cost to go the match.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So:

Work out what the average ticket price would be if you used 'categories'

Let's say it averaged out at £27

You'd then say 'this season it's £27 for any/all home games at SWFC and in any stand'

Guarantee you'd sell more tickets over the season purely due to simplified ticketing prices

I’m not sure you would. I don’t think you’d sell more, but that’s by the by. Would we make more money? That’s they key part. 

Looking at 2017/18 season we had attendances of 14/17k at lower end and 27/32k at higher end. I am certain the higher end games were cat A. As they are against Leeds, Sunderland, Utd, Boxing Day, nee years day…. The lower attendances against nothing clubs like Ipswich, Reading, Swansea. 

I just don’t think more people go to the lower games when you price it more expensive and I don’t think we gain many more to the Cat A games if they’re cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

The prices look very reasonable to me, anyone moaning are same people that moan at everything the club announces. 

I'm sure someone will think this is just a comment from an happy clapper though. 😁

I totally agree. There’s a bit of moaning about categories but I don’t think we should be moaning about ticket prices. There’s no memberships either to throw into the mix.

£20-£26 on the kop is absolutely fine. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

The prices look very reasonable to me, anyone moaning are same people that moan at everything the club announces.  

Not necessarily

Saying the prices are good but we've been relegated is utter madness

Does that mean the lower down the leagues we drop the happier we get with the prices?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I’m not sure you would. I don’t think you’d sell more, but that’s by the by. Would we make more money? That’s they key part.  

If your ticket pricing was worked out on what you would have made using categories then you'd earn the exact same

But with simplified pricing that could be published then it would attract all those who have given up bothering to even look as it's so complex to find out how much a match is to go and watch at SWFC 

Owlstalk Shop

I can understand small capacity grounds having the usual bronze silver gold categories to maximize capacity and cash.

But why a club with 39,800 capacity in the 3rd tier needs four categories is a mystery.   Even in the highly unlikely event that we run away with our first championship since 1959, we wont average over 28,000. 

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Looking at 2017/18 season we had attendances of 14/17k at lower end and 27/32k at higher end. I am certain the higher end games were cat A. As they are against Leeds, Sunderland, Utd, Boxing Day, nee years day…. The lower attendances against nothing clubs like Ipswich, Reading, Swansea. 

I just don’t think more people go to the lower games when you price it more expensive and I don’t think we gain many more to the Cat A games if they’re cheaper. 

We havent had a 14,000 crowd since we played Stevenage in a midweek game under Megson about ten years back.

Dunno why you think Ipswich Reading and Swansea are 'nothing clubs'.  What does that make us?

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I can understand small capacity grounds having the usual bronze silver gold categories to maximize capacity and cash.

But why a club with 39,800 capacity in the 3rd tier needs four categories is a mystery.   Even in the highly unlikely event that we run away with our first championship since 1959, we wont average over 28,000. 

I get you point, but we don't have a capacity  of 39800 - more like 32000 at best.

The pricing structure reflects the potential attractiveness of the 'product' not supply and demand. It's clearly subjective, but derbies and playing 'big' clubs have historically had a premium cost built in. 

17 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Maximise revenue 

Ipswich are historically have had a decent away following. By making it a category A game we can charge the away fans more

We will see this with our fans next season. Charlton first game is already a gold designated game, and it’s live on tv as well

Ipswich are at Hillsborough on 29th January. If it's a freezing cold day and neither team are doing very well. I can't see their being much interest for match day tickets at category A prices from either home or away fans. 

In our game at Charlton adult tickets for the home fans are £21 for the cheapest seats.

I'm not sure if they have to price tickets for the away fans at the same as the cheapest home ones or the equivalent area as home fans i.e. behind the goal. If so that would be £26.

Being on Sky will affect the attendance.