Matchday prices announced

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

For clarity if football tickets had gone up in line with inflation since the 80s we’d be paying a tenner a ticket - and that was to watch a much better team. 

That first home game should have been a tenner a ticket as an apology to fans and an incentive to pack the ground. 

4 categories is too much - people still won’t know how much it costs to watch us. Did the supporters on the Engagement Panel want this many categories or has Chansiri half-llistened to them? 

Let’s hope most games are Category D. When Donny Rovers is a Cat A game you know what level we”ve plunged to. 

Cigarettes haven’t gone up in line with inflation. The point RE the cost of cigarettes is that it’s an addiction, the pricing has increased with this in mind because, the government know people will still purchase them. I’ll say it again, how many of us on here happily buy a packet a day? But £4 extra on average, less than every other week over the course of a season is ridiculous apparently.

I’ll say it again. A £4 rise in 11 years, is that unreasonable? Our prices are now inline with a lot of other teams in the division. 

This just proves that no matter what, people will always find something to moan at. 

Decent prices? ‘Yeah but there’s too many categories.’ 3 less category than last year. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Cigarettes haven’t gone up in line with inflation. The point RE the cost of cigarettes is that it’s an addiction, the pricing has increased with this in mind because, the government know people will still purchase them. I’ll say it again, how many of us on here happily buy a packet a day? But £4 extra on average, less than every other week over the course of a season is ridiculous apparently.

I’ll say it again. A £4 rise in 11 years, is that unreasonable? Our prices are now inline with a lot of other teams in the division. 

This just proves that no matter what, people will always find something to moan at. 

Decent prices? ‘Yeah but there’s too many categories.’ 3 less category than last year. 

Cigarette consumption is falling. Is that what you want? 

Our pricing has been wrong for years. I think that’s the case with football across the board that has sought to rinse fans who as you say have an addiction. Those 80s prices were seen as outrageous. 

What it “proves” is some people have a different opinion to yours . 

What’s wrong with wanting Wednesday to take a clear lead?  Rather than have a dig at fans in setting up his new “sustainable” strategy he should reward and encourage them. 

We are now operating at a pound shop level so we should follow pound shop policies setting out a reasonable non-moving price for each stand.

What the response “proves” is some of us have been wanting that for years and have stuck to their guns. Others still have a tendency to attribute the glow in the sky that arrives every morning to be emanating from the owner’s posterior. when in reality he’s spending his morning curling one out and occasionally throwing choice bits of it in our direction. 

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

£25 for adult, £10 for kids under 16, it should be that simple.

no bands no structures, no points needed just keep it ******** simple do the club every learn. I think not.

Disagree. 

Students in Sheffield are rife. If you can entice a few of them in you're onto a winner, we'll struggle given location compared to pigs. 

Also kids under 5 should never ever Be more then £5, and senior citizens should be half price a normal ticket imo. 

I'd also have £22 flat on kop and £25 anywhere else 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

Attendance figures do put it to bed they prove that most supporters go no matter who we are  playing . 

Really, I’ll check when I’m home as I’d have thought that a shybo game vs a lower tier club will almost certainly have less fans at it. Easily checked I guess. 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Cigarette consumption is falling. Is that what you want? 

Our pricing has been wrong for years. I think that’s the case with football across the board that has sought to rinse fans who as you say have an addiction. Those 80s prices were seen as outrageous. 

What it “proves” is some people have a different opinion to yours . 

What’s wrong with wanting Wednesday to take a clear lead?  Rather than have a dig at fans in setting up his new “sustainable” strategy he should reward and encourage them. 

We are now operating at a pound shop level so we should follow pound shop policies setting out a reasonable non-moving price for each stand.

What the response “proves” is some of us have been wanting that for years and have stuck to their guns. Others still have a tendency to attribute the glow in the sky that arrives every morning to be emanating from the owner’s posterior. when in reality he’s spending his morning curling one out and occasionally throwing choice bits of it in our direction. 

Free tickets for everyone then get in.

I’m far from a Chansiri fan. I’m quite the opposite, the bloke needs to stabilise and do one. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and throughout his tenure, pretty much everybody on this forum has lambasted the POTG prices as embarrassing. The prices have dropped significantly and, it’s still not good enough. 

Football costs money. It’s not a charity, it’s something we as fans know we have to pay for and, will continue to have to pay for. We’re now paying a far more reasonable fee for the privilege. 

If you want to book a week away, do you expect the travel agents to ‘take a clear lead’ and knock 50% off of your holiday price? 

At the end of the day, We have reasonable POTG price. Make it £18 a game around the ground and, the season ticket holders would then, quite rightly be pissed off.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Only if season ticket prices weren't reduced to an equivalent (plus benefits)

Absolutely but, he’s already tied himself to the mast with the multi-season ST. Our POTG prices are fine for the first time in years and, we’re still having a moan! lol 

I understand people’s thoughts regarding categories, a flat rate around the ground might be preferential for some. I’d argue a Category system can be used to further our income for the most attractive and, least attractive games across the season. 

We don’t have a sleeper cell if 20,000 fans waiting to rock up, the ones who want to go will go, others won’t. By marking Oxford  at home on Tuesday night a Cat D game, we’re far more likely to get fans through the door than at let’s say £27 a ticket anywhere in the ground.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

At last a correct statement. Shows you how stupid the prices were. Some people have developed Stockholm Syndrome. 

The irony in this post. The prices were ridiculous. They’ve dropped. They’re now on par with the majority of the division. You’re still moaning. If you find that football is too expensive, don’t go.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The irony in this post. The prices were ridiculous. They’ve dropped. They’re now on par with the majority of the division. You’re still moaning. If you find that football is too expensive, don’t go.

Indeed but do the majority of the league have a team cobbled together with sticky tape, no decent keeper, no strikers, 5 or 6 of the squad with very real fitness issues.

We have a very mediocre team and we are going to be paying the highest POTG prices in the league and some of the highest season ticket prices, add to that you can almost guarantee the shirts will be very near to £60 each.

Our rivals are now Doncaster Rovers max ticket price £22, max season tickets £395, price if the new shirt £45.

They will finish above us in the league and wont rip their fans off to do it.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but do the majority of the league have a team cobbled together with sticky tape, no decent keeper, no strikers, 5 or 6 of the squad with very real fitness issues.

We have a very mediocre team and we are going to be paying the highest POTG prices in the league and some of the highest season ticket prices, add to that you can almost guarantee the shirts will be very near to £60 each.

Our rivals are now Doncaster Rovers max ticket price £22, max season tickets £395, price if the new shirt £45.

They will finish above us in the league and wont rip their fans off to do it.

Charlton are charging £37 a ticket for some games. 

Our Season ticket options are again, on par with a lot of the league. 

There’s absolutely plenty to still worry about with our club but, ticket prices really aren’t an issue.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I’m not moaning - I’m proposing an alternative strategy. I disagree with you and my views have been consistent for many years.  He can’t fob me off with what I regard as an inadequate gesture.

It’s unimaginative and that first game could have been made a really enticing loss leader to thank the fans and apologise for how the club has been mismanaged. 

If that’s moaning then so be it. And as for not going - I’m reluctant to let our absentee owner drive me away from doing something I’ve enjoyed for almost 50 years. 

Enjoy your football and fags. 

Edited by rickygoo

7 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Charlton are charging £37 a ticket for some games. 

Our Season ticket options are again, on par with a lot of the league. 

There’s absolutely plenty to still worry about with our club but, ticket prices really aren’t an issue.

You are missing the point, Charlton play in London the tickets will always be more because your paying london prices, but their players will also cost more. Our rivals are the teams in our division, local to us Rotherham and Doncaster. These are the clubs who will take floater fans from us not Charlton.

If we do not offer a better product than them then we need to be cheaper. Donny are cheaper and play better football. 130 goals in 46 games involving Donny last year fans get entertainment.

Rotherham are a yoyo team but will be challenged at the top of league one.

We are over priced, and under performing if we want to attract more fans, we need to either be towards the top of the league scoring and creating entertaining games which we wont be with the current team, or we need to be cheap to go and watch.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

Attendance figures do put it to bed they prove that most supporters go no matter who we are  playing . 

Just took a look, 2017/18 are attendances range from 32,000 down to 14,000. The 32k against our porcine neighbours but quite a few games 27/28k and on flip side several between 19-23k. Now that’s with demand based tiered pricing so I’d guess the figures would be even wider with a flat based system. 

Playong bigger teams = higher demand. Seasonality = higher demand

Demand based pricing works. 

Can someone do a poll on this re; ticket pricing.

Got to say, I find next seasons prices very reasonable but I was quite vocal about the prices historically especially when you were looking at a £49 ticket for a category A south stand ticket. 

It will be interesting to see what the consensus is. 

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You are missing the point, Charlton play in London the tickets will always be more because your paying london prices, but their players will also cost more. Our rivals are the teams in our division, local to us Rotherham and Doncaster. These are the clubs who will take floater fans from us not Charlton.

If we do not offer a better product than them then we need to be cheaper. Donny are cheaper and play better football. 130 goals in 46 games involving Donny last year fans get entertainment.

Rotherham are a yoyo team but will be challenged at the top of league one.

We are over priced, and under performing if we want to attract more fans, we need to either be towards the top of the league scoring and creating entertaining games which we wont be with the current team, or we need to be cheap to go and watch.

And how do you distinguish that before a ball has been kicked? 

We have scope within the category system to be cheaper than Doncaster and Rotherham.

Our prices are very similar to that of Rotherham.

We have a significantly higher budget than both, even if we still have a need for new players etc.

I’ll say it again, the prices are fair.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

And how do you distinguish that before a ball has been kicked? 

We have scope within the category system to be cheaper than Doncaster and Rotherham.

Our prices are very similar to that of Rotherham.

We have a significantly higher budget than both, even if we still have a need for new players etc.

I’ll say it again, the prices are fair.

Im not sure you’ll convince some. You can show the decrease in costs vs previous systems. Make real comparisons vs last time we were here. You can compare inflation rates vs ticket increases. You can compare us to other big clubs with big budgets….. and you’ll still have folk that are adamant we need to sign 2 new keepers despite having probably one of the most expensive keepers on our books saying they should be cheaper. 

Our fans want us to be sustainable. 

Our fans want us to be cheap.

Our fans want us to spend more than we make in revenue.

Oddly enough you can’t have it all. 

• Like 2