Matchday prices announced

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

Its an interesting question and well posed, but I would have to say that in the third tier it should be a flat price as Sunderland and Ipswich are in the same division as Accrington. Its not like the PL where some teams have a host of international players and some teams have less, its the third division and their is only potential and unfulfilled potential.

Its a tactic to goose away fans..he knows a few clubs will bring a lot so he can squueeze a few more quid out of them...we have been a victim of this numerous times over the years

31 minutes ago, bradowl said:

So you think a ticket for a game against Sunderland or Ipswich should be same prices as against Accrington or Fleetwood? 

Most clubs have category prices for games, even league 2, Port Vale have 2 categories and they're not far off our prices. 

Accrington were just 2 points behind Ipswich last season who are hardly the  Barcelona of League One.  

What makes Ipswich more desirable?  The big name?  If so then we are all taking part in the delusion that fans will want to see Wednesday against the likes of Ipswich and pay a premium for the privilege.

• Like 1

Proof of the pudding will be how many pay at the gate supporters he gets.

Still seems pricey to me for third division football.

I have a season ticket, and not sure I’d go to many otherwise, but there are more factors now than ever as to whether someone does want to go to a ad-hoc football match.

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

I have a season ticket, and not sure I’d go to many otherwise, but there are more factors now than ever as to whether someone does want to go to a ad-hoc football match.

That will depend on our league position mainly but an interesting point.

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Congratulations to yerself mate...You have just proved you can't hold an argument without recourse to having a dig..I don't give a flyer about Rotherham, Sunderland Donny nor Lincoln...I would rather sit next to an Owls fan who had paid even half what I have paid...cos he's an Owls fan...but you carry on boiling down following your home club to "basic economics"

This club is bleeding supprters....The new generation will be going to the Lane..and We are doing sod all to stop it

I have 3 season tickets for grandchildren 75 pound a piece that's just over 3 pounds a game amazing price

58 minutes ago, bradowl said:

So you think a ticket for a game against Sunderland or Ipswich should be same prices as against Accrington or Fleetwood? 

Most clubs have category prices for games, even league 2, Port Vale have 2 categories and they're not far off our prices. 

In this league and after the complete and utter betrayal of the fan base yes…. Because it’s all pub league football.

He’s announced a “change of direction” and the arrogant cu_t still can’t resist a dig at the fans. 

He’s vermin. 

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I have 3 season tickets for grandchildren 75 pound a piece that's just over 3 pounds a game amazing price

Big thanks to your hero DC

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

The average price across the ground and across the tier groups probably does land at about £25. I know Owlstalk Admin is a big fan of flat pricing but the tiered system and different pricing by stand seems to be absolutely engrained in the pricing. I assume there must be evidence that you get more money by doing it the way we are but would love it if as you say it was just a flat £25 and book wherever you fancy sitting. 

Id be absolutely amazed if you suddenly saw a packed South Stand and empty Kop. 

I feel like if it was £25 anywhere then there may be a slightly bigger urgency to buy tickets in advance. Probably not often but when the “bigger” games come around. And if it’s not a sell out I don’t see what the problem is. 

I also think that at £25 every game it’s going to entice more people. I’d be one that would be inclined to attend more games. 

• Like 1

They're too expensive. Most can afford these prices, but that's not the point. £20.00 should be the maximum price for any game. Until the entire game gets player transfers, wages and the ridiculous agent fees in check, it's the fans that will pay the price.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Why not? We've come to watch our club, not theirs!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

They're too expensive. Most can afford these prices, but that's not the point. £20.00 should be the maximum price for any game. Until the entire game gets player transfers, wages and the ridiculous agent fees in check, it's the fans that will pay the price.

That's one of the main reasons why football is so popular, fans love the big transfers and the intrigue.