Matchday prices announced

On 24/07/2021 at 22:17, torryowl said:

exactly ......i  have never gone to hillsboro on the strength of who we are playing and i suspect thats the same for many others . 

I go and see Wednesday about 6 times a year and therefore who they are playing normally has a bearing. The exception is when it is a decisive game , eg Palace 2010, Wycombe 2012 where the opposition is irrelevant but the result is critical.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2021 at 22:17, torryowl said:

exactly ......i  have never gone to hillsboro on the strength of who we are playing and i suspect thats the same for many others . 

I must be the exception to the rule. I generally pick games against lesser opposition, for two reasons...

1. Tickets are more affordable

2. More chance of winning (makes the 6hr round trip less of a chore when we win)

11 minutes ago, striker said:

I must be the exception to the rule. I generally pick games against lesser opposition, for two reasons...

1. Tickets are more affordable

2. More chance of winning (makes the 6hr round trip less of a chore when we win)

I was looking through my old programmes a while back, and noticed that for the first couple of seasons, my dad only took me to watch us play the likes of Notts County, Oldham, Wimbledon, and Luton.

I suspect the above applied then, too.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 16:08, SallyCinnamon said:

Decent prices for kids.

How much of a drop is that from last season? 

32 quid on the South still seems an awful lot. 

Agreed. Will be taking my daughter in an attempt to keep her interested and with a view of looking to when we may be half decent again.

15 hours ago, Geedee said:

I go and see Wednesday about 6 times a year and therefore who they are playing normally has a bearing. The exception is when it is a decisive game , eg Palace 2010, Wycombe 2012 where the opposition is irrelevant but the result is critical.

Got my mate to pick me up from Stranraer when the flights back from NI were disrupted for the palarse game. Oh the things you used to do to see us, even when we were turbo shuffle

On 26/07/2021 at 06:52, Geedee said:

I used to just go when I happened to be in Sheffield.  Opposition not really relevant.

I think when you only go to a handful of games your going to choose games against the bigger clubs. For the sake of an extra fiver a ticket I'd rather watch us against Pigs, Villa etc knowing they will bring a few and make a decent atmosphere then a drab game against Preston or MK Dons with zero atmosphere.