Jayden Onen

16 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Helan wasn't wanted by Reading either. We didn't want some kid called Vardy. Pigs signed Brewster for £20M+. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

We are shopping in Poundland now, so we have to take the best of what we can get and afford. And who knows how these lads will turn out. We've got to give them a chance as it's all we can do. Don't write them off already before a ball has been kicked in anger.

For me it's a positive step in the clubs philosophy and approach in the transfer market, yeah alot of it has been caused/forced by our chairman's amateurish attempt of running a football club. 

But I'm happy that we are trying to approach these young players who will still have the point to prove attitude after being flogged off by their Premiership clubs.

In a way I always remember when we recruited the likes of Chris Brunt,Glenn Whelan and Patrick Collins all rejected academy lads from Premiership clubs, nobody had heard of them before and they all played a major part in us getting out of League One that era.

Would be nice to repeat that!!!

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think it's looking weaker and weaker most of the players we are signing have been let go by their clubs and not very good clubs at that.  Starting to worry, only one looks promising.  This is starting to remind of whats is name playing all the youngsters. 

We need proven quality.     

On our financial situation we can’t get proven quality. It either means a transfer fee or higher wages.

At least DM is know in circles for helping you get players to progress.

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

It looks from the outside looking in that Moore has contacts at the Arsenal

Academy as he picked up some youngsters on Loan from there when he was at Donny and obviously he’s been linked with Bola and now Onen.

Just adds fuel to the fire that Moore knows the score when it comes to finding youngsters that may come good. It won’t appease some on here but I quite like the way we’re heading. I’m quite happy to back Moore for as long as necessary to get the job done.

Wonder if we might be in for John-Jules who Moore took to Donny last season. Scored a few goals for them but struggled with injuries, highly rated by Arsenal though 

5 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Wonder if we might be in for John-Jules who Moore took to Donny last season. Scored a few goals for them but struggled with injuries, highly rated by Arsenal though 

Someone I’ve mentioned before too, would be a decent loan signing imo. Hoping we are trying to work on these types of deals at the moment 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

he sounds a promising player but as you say spent so much time out injured last season. 

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Looks to me like moore trying to put legs around the more senior pros that are still here? Much needed aswell? It’s the no 9 that we need to bring in with the know how of this league 

Was going to suggest Thomas Muller....but after that miss against England I've crossed his name off.😀

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The QPR fans just do not rate him, the Everton player looks promising.  Onen was released by Brentford, then by Reading not the best track record.  

Not true. My QPR mate was devastated when I told him we’d signed Shodipo. When I told him it was only loan he was over the moon.  Thinks he’s quality and should have had more opportunities with them

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not true. My QPR mate was devastated when I told him we’d signed Shodipo. When I told him it was only loan he was over the moon.  Thinks he’s quality and should have had more opportunities with them

Sorry not buyin that..your mate wasn’t ‘devasted’ about this at all

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Sorry not buyin that..your mate wasn’t ‘devasted’ about this at all

No seriously he was. Maybe ‘extremely upset’ would be a better description.

Ryan East got released by reading although he captained and did great for their U-23's. Not sure how well he will adapt to League One football, but he is a natural in that deep laying playmaker role where we are lacking.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Let's save the pounds and get a decent five pound player. 

I don't mind them coming to the club as such, but as back up players not regulars.

So who would you suggest we sign? Serious question.