Jayden Onen

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, El Toro said:

On our financial situation we can’t get proven quality. It either means a transfer fee or higher wages.

At least DM is know in circles for helping you get players to progress.

What circles is DM known in for helping players to progress?? I’m sure people are just making stuff up now garymegson

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

Has Brown played in any of our friendlies?

Was Bola definitely the LB that stood out?

Brown hasn't played, no. Haven't had the trialists confirmed - I know Renedi Masampu was there in Wales and Bola was on their radar.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

So who would you suggest we sign? Serious question.

Ideally players with some sort of track record.  I'm all for given players a chance but it just seems to me we are going to pick a side with to many players who haven't really proved themselves.   These sort of players need to introduced to the first team slowly over time.

Maybe, I'm taking to much notice of the fans forums and worrying over nothing. 

3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

What circles is DM known in for helping players to progress?? I’m sure people are just making stuff up now garymegson

When at WBA. Do you never read anything? It’s mentioned lots of times on here and by the press. Whether you believe it or. It is another matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Happy with these types of signings provided we are able to keep our current players with experience.

Let's hope the next few weeks we bring in a proven GK and a proven striker. if so, I'll be relatively happy for a decent season. 

2 key areas for me and keeping current squad together. 

7 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ideally players with some sort of track record.  I'm all for given players a chance but it just seems to me we are going to pick a side with to many players who haven't really proved themselves.   These sort of players need to introduced to the first team slowly over time.

Maybe you are. Maybe you aren't. I guess time will tell.

I hear what you are saying by the way, and I have my concerns too about the players we have brought in too, but due to the state we are in these are the types of players we can attract and sign. Signing older players previously on ridiculous wages and then allowing the club to get in to the position of having 15 players, all out of contract at the end of one season, means that we would always be having to do a complete rebuild job. Another masterstroke by our woeful Chairman! It's compunded by the fact we've been relegated.

We still do have some core experience in the team and hopefully they can be the ones to bring the best out of our new recruits. It's not ideal but it's what we are faced with.

• Like 5

Starting to look across the team - the defence looks experienced and should be head and shoulders good enough for this league with Palmer / Dunkley / Iorfa / Hutch all in there. 

Across the middle - Luongo/Bannan is obviously going to be up there with the best in the league, will they stay the course with no injuries? Not sure - but it looks like we've added some youth in there too. 

Forwards - we're still one off here, whether we will get another striker in or not with the current situation is probably asking too much. 

I think we need a Keeper, Striker and possibly a winger - and we've got the makings of a decent side. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We can't afford players with a proven track record. Unless it's a proven track record of not bring very good.

It really is as simple as that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Helan wasn't wanted by Reading either. We didn't want some kid called Vardy. Pigs signed Brewster for £20M+. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

We are shopping in Poundland now, so we have to take the best of what we can get and afford. And who knows how these lads will turn out. We've got to give them a chance as it's all we can do. Don't write them off already before a ball has been kicked in anger.

^^^^^^* This. We’ve been in free fall. Let’s hope these guys can put the brakes on and turn this big ship around. 

Some of our fans in here are on the wind up surely? How do you criticise the signing of Shodipo who scored 10+ goals in this league last term and then say you want players with proven track record???

Some folk just want to moan, or troll. Not sure which one anymore. Crazy times. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

So who would you suggest we sign? Serious question.

Obviously we want young, hungry, proven, experienced players who are currently free agents, don't read the paper or talk to other players about what Chansiri is like to work for, and are willing to work for peanuts.

Should be easy.  Don't know what Moore is playing at.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Starting to look across the team - the defence looks experienced and should be head and shoulders good enough for this league with Palmer / Dunkley / Iorfa / Hutch all in there. 

Across the middle - Luongo/Bannan is obviously going to be up there with the best in the league, will they stay the course with no injuries? Not sure - but it looks like we've added some youth in there too. 

Forwards - we're still one off here, whether we will get another striker in or not with the current situation is probably asking too much. 

I think we need a Keeper, Striker and possibly a winger - and we've got the makings of a decent side. 

I agree but hard to relay on Dunkley / Iorfa / Hutch / Loungo staying fit. Be great if they did! Iorfa especially is way better than this level. 

13 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

O

Other than Agboontohoma, Adeniran and Shodipo, no mate. Nothing.

Apolgies Joe, wasn’t aware that you broke those stories, I thought that was Dom. 

Great work and thanks for the info. Let’s hope Bostock is next to join. 

3 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Apolgies Joe, wasn’t aware that you broke those stories, I thought that was Dom. 

Great work and thanks for the info. Let’s hope Bostock is next to join. 

No worries at all. I'm not sure Bostock would still be on the radar after getting Adeniran to be honest.