Potential new signings for SWFC

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

4F607FBF-F9EC-477F-B129-DE0B9BC2FE59.jpeg

Under what legal system can a company order another company to write its contracts how they mandate? This has no merit in the real world, I’d be surprised if it had any merit in fantasy EFL land…

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Under what legal system can a company order another company to write its contracts how they mandate? This has no merit in the real world, I’d be surprised if it had any merit in fantasy EFL land…

Under a legal system where that second company wants to take part in the leagues organised by that first company, and signed an agreement saying they would abide by that company's rules.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Anarchist. 

• Haha 1

I have very little time for the EFL but anyone even attempting to characterise the mess we find ourselves in as some kind of vendetta against us is missing the point by a million miles. One man owns this mess, every bit of it…!!!!  :Chansiri:

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I have very little time for the EFL but anyone even attempting to characterise the mess we find ourselves in as some kind of vendetta against us is missing the point by a million miles. One man owns this mess, every bit of it…!!!!  :Chansiri:

Don’t think it’s a vendetta but they are a bunch of incompetent fools that have made a rod for their own backs with their shambolic policies. The EFL is not fit for purpose. Neither is our owner but that’s for another discussion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wmb said:

Don’t think it’s a vendetta but they are a bunch of incompetent fools that have made a rod for their own backs with their shambolic policies. The EFL is not fit for purpose. Neither is our owner but that’s for another discussion.

Couldn't agree more. I wondered if the EFL had been cryogenically frozen at the outbreak of Covid and have just been revived unaware of what happened in the interim. They are about as far behind in their thinking as DC is with the accounts.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I’m not saying the Chairman is not responsible for a lot of this mess but the EFL aren’t blameless either? They continue to punish Wednesday during these uncertain financial times then they are leaving themselves open to the accusation of having a vendetta against the club IMO?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m not saying the Chairman is not responsible for a lot of this mess but the EFL aren’t blameless either? They continue to punish Wednesday during these uncertain financial times then they are leaving themselves open to the accusation of having a vendetta against the club IMO?

Yeah you're right Jim!

They get up in a morning and think "what shall we do today?? I know - let's go and pick on Sheffield Wednesday, who have done nothing wrong. That will be fun! Let's do that!' then they call Seth Bennett and Steve Gibson and they all gang up and pick on us - just for fun

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

It's not a legal system, it's a sporting competition.

Seriously, what law is there to say Wednesday can't start with 15 players each match?  Show me the law, it doesn't exist.  

What law is there that says players can't handle the ball, or that the ball has to be over the line to count as a goal?  No such law.

I think you're on to something.

• Haha 2