Potential new signings for SWFC

15 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Only in the last 12 months Sunderland and Ipswich have seen take overs. Both clubs with similar situations as us

People who buy football clubs are looking for potential, for a club with a large fan base, ultimately they want to drive their purchased club to the premier league

The best recent example of this is Radrizzani at Leeds

Sunderland and Ipswich are sadly nothing like us. Sunderland had bottomed out financially, clearing debts and no longer heamoraging money. Ipswich owner has I believe written off all his spending. So in both cases the new owners are buying clubs with decent stadia, where they are servicing big debt or covering huge losses.

Both were also sold for fees that reflected that, where are they are, and the potential.

Sadly all we have is potential and a ludicrous price tag.

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Please - make it stop

Have you lost the ability to debate?

which parts of my post are incorrect?

I would be delighted if I was wrong but when you look at the other “ interested parties” we have had, Mamadov, S Club 7 Geoff Sheard and the the latest lunatic Alonso, and the fact that we ended up with an owner who has destroyed the club, I’m not sure where you get your confidence from.

The sad truth is since the old lodge regime took us to the brink, we have had two owners, one ok and one a disaster, and a lot of tyre kickers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m not sure where you get your confidence from. 

Literally ALL evidence and the fact that what you're suggesting has never ever happened once in the whole entire history of our club, married to the fact that businessmen are buying football clubs AND the fact that businessmen want football clubs as a way to hide their money away for various reasons

I have absolutely ALL overwhelming evidence on my side

Meanwhile on the flip side you're just saying 'nahhh mate' to all that and saying nobody would be interested in buying our club

A statement that we have heard every single time our club has been in dire straits, but more importantly a statement we have heard time and time and time again shortly before someone has come in and bought our club

So yeah - please - let's stop with this nonsense now - it's painful having to go through it time after time and nobody who ever bleats out the 'nobody will want our club' never come on after it's been bought and say 'yeah sorry I was wrong' 

Instead they just expose us all to it again the next time and we have to do the whole pantomime over and over and over

Painful

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Sunderland and Ipswich are sadly nothing like us. Sunderland had bottomed out financially, clearing debts and no longer heamoraging money. Ipswich owner has I believe written off all his spending. So in both cases the new owners are buying clubs with decent stadia, where they are servicing big debt or covering huge losses.

Both were also sold for fees that reflected that, where are they are, and the potential.

Sadly all we have is potential and a ludicrous price tag.

Sunderland posted 12m losses in last accounts and more worryingly there was a 21m hole in the accounts for the previous owner loading debt on the balance sheet to purchase the club

As for better stadia I will admit Sunderlands is obviously in better condition than ours due to it being about 20 years old but have you been to Portman Road recently?

SWFC value as a football club is a £1. What a new buyer would have to do is figure out how to purchase Sheffield 3 as part of the transaction 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Literally ALL evidence and the fact that what you're suggesting has never ever happened once in the whole entire history of our club, married to the fact that businessmen are buying football clubs AND the fact that businessmen want football clubs as a way to hide their money away for various reasons

I have absolutely ALL overwhelming evidence on my side

Meanwhile on the flip side you're just saying 'nahhh mate' to all that and saying nobody would be interested in buying our club

A statement that we have heard every single time our club has been in dire straits, but more importantly a statement we have heard time and time and time again shortly before someone has come in and bought our club

So yeah - please - let's stop with this nonsense now - it's painful having to go through it time after time and nobody who ever bleats out the 'nobody will want our club' never come on after it's been bought and say 'yeah sorry I was wrong' 

Instead they just expose us all to it again the next time and we have to do the whole pantomime over and over and over

Painful

Overwhelming evidence? We have only been bought twice in our history. 

Im not saying no one will buy the club, I’m worried that we end up like pre MM, and that there might not be another MM out there.

Because Bury are doing great now aren’t they?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Overwhelming evidence? We have only been bought twice in our history. 

Im not saying no one will buy the club, I’m worried that we end up like pre MM, and that there might not be another MM out there.

Because Bury are doing great now aren’t they?

What about the clubs who have been taken over and are flying under their new ownership?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Sunderland posted 12m losses in last accounts and more worryingly there was a 21m hole in the accounts for the previous owner loading debt on the balance sheet to purchase the club

As for better stadia I will admit Sunderlands is obviously in better condition than ours due to it being about 20 years old but have you been to Portman Road recently?

SWFC value as a football club is a £1. What a new buyer would have to do is figure out how to purchase Sheffield 3 as part of the transaction 

It might be worth a quid, but the owner won’t sell for that.

sunderland reduced their debts from £200 million and £35 m per annum losses. The new Ipswich owners got a debt free club as I understand it. Portman Rd may not be the best in the world but the new owners got it as part of the deal.

I honestly think both of those clubs have a more realistic chance of getting back in to the championship than us too.

Just now, Plonk said:

It might be worth a quid, but the owner won’t sell for that.

sunderland reduced their debts from £200 million and £35 m per annum losses. The new Ipswich owners got a debt free club as I understand it. Portman Rd may not be the best in the world but the new owners got it as part of the deal.

I honestly think both of those clubs have a more realistic chance of getting back in to the championship than us too.

I bet they had fans on their forums trying to fearmonger and posting 'but nobody will take us over'

(they both got taken over)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's absolutely exhausting innit

lol

Any chance you can change this thread's title or start a new debate one?  I'm actually very interested in who may sign, I'd love to see a @kevtheowl update of who he's seen in training or an ITK speculation of who it may/maynot be. But instead we have this 😕 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What about the clubs who have been taken over and are flying under their new ownership?

But what condition were they in when they were taken over?

Cant think of any off the top of my head that were in as bad a mess as we are?

Just now, Philb125 said:

Any chance you can change this thread's title or start a new debate one?  I'm actually very interested in who may sign, I'd love to see a @kevtheowl update of who he's seen in training or an ITK speculation of who it may/maynot be. But instead we have this 😕 

I'll just stop anyone posting nonsense about how we won't get taken over (even though every single time in our history we have ALWAYS been taken over and there's never a single instance of us NOT being taken over)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Plonk said:

But what condition were they in when they were taken over?

Cant think of any off the top of my head that were in as bad a mess as we are?

Let's have this discussion in another thread where I can educate you and you can put your fingers in your ears and go 'laa laa laa laa yeah but no but yeah but no but...'

lol

Owlstalk Shop

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's have this discussion in another thread where I can educate you and you can put your fingers in your ears and go 'laa laa laa laa yeah but no but yeah but no but...'

lol

Please do, because I’m sure it’s not just me that’s worried about this.

I eagerly await the new thread where you can educate us.

or will you just stick your fingers in ears and keep shouting we have been taken over every  time before ( twice)