Potential new signings for SWFC

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah you're right Jim!

They get up in a morning and think "what shall we do today?? I know - let's go and pick on Sheffield Wednesday, who have done nothing wrong. That will be fun! Let's do that!' then they call Seth Bennett and Steve Gibson and they all gang up and pick on us - just for fun

Come on Neil. There is fault on both sides. You know that. While ever the EFL is run by the clubs, you’re going to continue to get this unadulterated mess. Because clubs do what they do, they look after their own interests and f**k everybody else. Thing is to have a go at the EFL in the eyes of some suggest you’re sticking up for the Chairman and that’s not always the case? Bottom

line is I suspect, the EFL, a lot of people in the game and a lot of our own supporters won’t be happy until they’ve seen off Chansiri but in doing so they ultimately may see this club cease to exist? My opinion? It goes the way it goes, there’s nothing much anyone can do about it including the supporters trust?

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No there isn't?

The rules are set
You agree to the rules
If you stick to the rules you don't get punished

LIterally THAT simple

We got done the first time, probably quite rightly but continuing to get punished for circumstances that at the moment are probably out of the clubs control is plain wrong?

If as suspected the Chairman is struggling to get substantial funds out of Thailand due to Thai Government Laws because of a lack of cash flow here due to lack of matchday income then for the EFL to continue to keep hitting the club with charges/sanctions, it’s wrong?

Put it this way the EFL initially had a problem with the Chairman spending too much money now they want the Chairman to spend as much money as possible to keep the club going? It’s F***ing hypocrisy of the highest order?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No there isn't?

The rules are set
You agree to the rules
If you stick to the rules you don't get punished

LIterally THAT simple

Normally i would totally agree with you, but if that was true we wouldn't be here having this debate if the original FFP rules were abide too and punished correctly by the EFL and Premier league.

If Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester and all the other clubs that broke the rules were correctly punished, we wouldn't be in this mess

would we (the gamble wouldn't be worth it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

It's not a legal system, it's a sporting competition.

Seriously, what law is there to say Wednesday can't start with 15 players each match?  Show me the law, it doesn't exist.  

What law is there that says players can't handle the ball, or that the ball has to be over the line to count as a goal?  No such law.

I think you're on to something.

Right. Given they can do what they want in their sporting competition, why doesn’t the EFL mandate players practice beating the front man on corners for 140 hours a week or allow clubs to lock up their players between games, to stop them getting into mischief? It would surely make for a better fan experience…

12 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Right. Given they can do what they want in their sporting competition, why doesn’t the EFL mandate players practice beating the front man on corners for 140 hours a week or allow clubs to lock up their players between games, to stop them getting into mischief? It would surely make for a better fan experience…

What you've done here is you've wandered off common sense crescent and sent yourself hurtling right down silly avenue

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Jim said:

We got done the first time, probably quite rightly but continuing to get punished for circumstances that at the moment are probably out of the clubs control is plain wrong?

If as suspected the Chairman is struggling to get substantial funds out of Thailand due to Thai Government Laws because of a lack of cash flow here due to lack of matchday income then for the EFL to continue to keep hitting the club with charges/sanctions, it’s wrong?

Put it this way the EFL initially had a problem with the Chairman spending too much money now they want the Chairman to spend as much money as possible to keep the club going? It’s F***ing hypocrisy of the highest order?

Not submitting the accounts is not beyond our control. 

The accounts the EFL are waiting upon cover a period where most income was already received prior to the pandemic taking hold. Little excuse for that issue really.  

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Ironically we’ve reached the stage where the first signings DC funded would probably be good enough. Bus, Melo and Vermijl………

Would Melo have been able to cope with the recent replacement bus service on some parts of the tram route and wearing a mask on public transport though? 

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Under what legal system can a company order another company to write its contracts how they mandate? This has no merit in the real world, I’d be surprised if it had any merit in fantasy EFL land…

Only like Ofgem setting rules for energy companies or Osted setting rules for education. 

I work in the infrastructure side of electricity and our entire business is price controlled by Ofgem. They set rules on how much we can charge (our proportion of your energy bills, currently set at 5.3%) and even how much profit we are allowed to make (which is miniscule compared to our turnover).

If you can't follow the rules you lose your licence and can no longer be part of the industry.

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Only like Ofgem setting rules for energy companies or Osted setting rules for education. 

I work in the infrastructure side of electricity and our entire business is price controlled by Ofgem. They set rules on how much we can charge (our proportion of your energy bills, currently set at 5.3%) and even how much profit we are allowed to make (which is miniscule compared to our turnover).

If you can't follow the rules you lose your licence and can no longer be part of the industry.

I understand your point mate, but it also demonstrates my point. Ofgem don’t and I would profess, can’t mandate how much you pay your chief exec. There are many examples of sporting competitions where salary caps are part of the rules, but they still cannot dictate what you pay an individual. Again highlighting the folly of the EFL, they decided against salary caps and now all of a sudden they decide they want to dictate to Wednesday what they can and can’t pay players. It’s nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

The difference being is that those are independent bodies and don't have a vested interest like the board of the EFL.