Potential new signings for SWFC

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not submitting the accounts is not beyond our control. 

The accounts the EFL are waiting upon cover a period where most income was already received prior to the pandemic taking hold. Little excuse for that issue really.  

That isn’t beyond our control, very true but some things are?

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

That isn’t beyond our control, very true but some things are?

Absolutely, and reports this week show positive signs of other things being addressed. The lack of filing accounts is restricting out ability to recruit having let 12 first team players leave though.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No there isn't?

The rules are set
You agree to the rules
If you stick to the rules you don't get punished

LIterally THAT simple

Not always the case, a good number of clubs have escaped punishment overspending their way to the premier where they exempt from EFL sanctions.😉

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I’m not saying the Chairman is not responsible for a lot of this mess but the EFL aren’t blameless either? They continue to punish Wednesday during these uncertain financial times then they are leaving themselves open to the accusation of having a vendetta against the club IMO?

You say punish in these Financial Times 

isn’t the EFL ands porfability and sustainability all weighed up to stop clubs over spending and going bust? Doesn’t the very action of chansiri not being able to pay players on time put this club at financial risk? 
how can all clubs bar is it 3 file their accounts and we can’t? 
the accounts are their for the EFL to review to keep clubs from overspending 

we over spent bent the rules got placed in embargo’s until we filed our accounts over silent abs bent the rules again got a fine 

Got placed in another Embargo because we haven’t filed are accounts again and no doubt will have overspent and broke the rules leading to more punishment 

it’s not the EFL are they slightly bullish in their actions yes but they have to be stop people from being as big as a balloon to what chansiri is 

chansiri is the wrong one here file the accounts keep the EFL sweet and in line and bring your house in order 

a new policy on selling players may be a start 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Youre right 

It’s just total coincidence that we keep having issues 

I’m neither in the Chansiri out/in group. You along with others obviously have issues with the Chairman and want him out. That’s fair enough. Personally I’m just fed up with it all, like I’m sure a lot of others are?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You say punish in these Financial Times 

isn’t the EFL ands porfability and sustainability all weighed up to stop clubs over spending and going bust? Doesn’t the very action of chansiri not being able to pay players on time put this club at financial risk? 
how can all clubs bar is it 3 file their accounts and we can’t? 
the accounts are their for the EFL to review to keep clubs from overspending 

we over spent bent the rules got placed in embargo’s until we filed our accounts over silent abs bent the rules again got a fine 

Got placed in another Embargo because we haven’t filed are accounts again and no doubt will have overspent and broke the rules leading to more punishment 

it’s not the EFL are they slightly bullish in their actions yes but they have to be stop people from being as big as a balloon to what chansiri is 

chansiri is the wrong one here file the accounts keep the EFL sweet and in line and bring your house in order 

a new policy on selling players may be a start 

I like your first paragraph. The rules are there to stop clubs going bust but we could be going bust anyway, so the rules obviously work, don’t they?

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m neither in the Chansiri out/in group. You along with others obviously have issues with the Chairman and want him out. That’s fair enough. Personally I’m just fed up with it all, like I’m sure a lot of others are?

I would say I am similar with that. The problem is just when you think Chansiri is getting something right. Something else comes along and pulls the rug from under it.

It's problem after problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Any word about the one on trial? 

I’d heard Morrison had been invited back but I’m really not sure. Somebody I know mentioned Joe Bennett. But I think he’s just putting 2+2 together with him just being released from Cardiff and being relatively local to our training camp. 

41 minutes ago, Jim said:

I like your first paragraph. The rules are there to stop clubs going bust but we could be going bust anyway, so the rules obviously work, don’t they?

I really don’t understand how anyone can defend chansiri any more. I’m really worried what happens if he says fuckit. But I’m now more worried about what happens if he doesn’t. It’s a right old mess 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Jim said:

Obvious solution is for the chairman to clear off and never come back 

Your opinion directly relates to how he has run this club mate 

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Pieman said:

Under what legal system can a company order another company to write its contracts how they mandate? This has no merit in the real world, I’d be surprised if it had any merit in fantasy EFL land…

It's called a transfer embargo. Under the terms of the rules agreed within the EFL, of which we are a part.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Obvious solution is for the chairman to clear off and never come back 

Your opinion directly relates to how he has run this club mate 

I agree. And I know I will get an Eric Morecombe but then what? I really can’t see a way out of this shot show. 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

No they don’t but would many other clubs have such a defiant chairman than ours that’s why the EFL are keep hitting us with sanctions points deductions and embargo’s to get our chairman to follow suit. I’m not sure how far they can take it but continuous failures to fall in the guidelines should ultimately lead to him not being allowed to chair the club or force to sell how that works I don’t know.

but I do know that if chansiri would have had these accounts filed by now we wouldn’t be in an embargo 

and I’m fully expecting losses for last year too beyond the guidelines ( I’m sure all clubs would have these due to covid year and the EFL would have something to reflect that ) but regardless chansiri yet again no doubt could of sold players or released some earlier he could have done more to increase revenue abs reduce losses and it’s not just hindsight it’s been the same since he’s been here

the bloke as ramped up prices all over the club whilst ramping up the debts failed and numerous occasions to comply with the EFL guidelines and deadlines and we’ve dropped out of a devision whilst starting our new campaign off with a depleted team under an embargo 

Dare I say god knows what mess chansiri would have us in if the EFL didn’t try slowing him down the mans a complete car crash