Izzy Brown

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I think he's a player who needs to have an arm around his shoulder and made to feel part of the club to perform.

I don't think the situation he had here last season was beneficial to getting anywhere near anything from him.  Plus there was the whole thing with him and Pulis when he was here

It's this kind of muddled Molly coddling thinking that churns out these complacent underachievers.

He wants a kick up the arse and a reality check.

He'll probably get it where he's gone and it might save his career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

Never really given a chance with us...not sure he ever started 3 consecutive games

Never given a chance?

You'd think if he was up to it one of our 6 managers would have picked him.

He was terrible, more active on social media than the pitch.

If he can get fit and focus on being an athlete and stay off the social media and reserve his thoughts on the game for his colleagues and management he's got a big chance of going places.

He's talented but that's only part of the requirement for a top pro.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Never given a chance?

You'd think if he was up to it one of our 6 managers would have picked him.

He was terrible, more active on social media than the pitch.

Whether the managers thought he was up to it and whether he was given a chance are two entirely different things.

one is a guess, the other is a fact 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Whether the managers thought he was up to it and whether he was given a chance are two entirely different things.

one is a guess, the other is a fact 

So they perhaps thought he was up to it but decided to stick with a losing team week in week out instead of pick him?

For the record, when he was given a chance as a sub, other than in the first couple of games of the season, he was terrible and capped his Wednesday career by getting wound up by a United kid in the academy team after they had run rings round him. 

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Never really given a chance with us...not sure he ever started 3 consecutive games

3 consecutive games?  He started 4 out of 46 League games.  The first three and one quite late on in the season.  I don' think people realise this.  

Edited by Etchesketch

12 hours ago, horny owl said:

Worst player I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt

And let’s face it there’s lots of competition for terrible players over the years but Izzy took it to a whole new level.

That's stretching it a bit. 

Bothroyd takes the Golden Egg Cup imo. 

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So they perhaps thought he was up to it but decided to stick with a losing team week in week out instead of pick him?

For the record, when he was given a chance as a sub, other than in the first couple of games of the season, he was terrible and capped his Wednesday career by getting wound up by a United kid in the academy team after they had run rings round him. 

And for all that the fact remains.....he was never given a chance 

• Haha 1

I am surprised another Championship team has rolled the dice on him. He was so bad for us I thought he’d have to drop down a level. I wonder what his wages are now? I’m guessing he’ll play two games, get injured and that will be the end of his season and probably career. Wish he’d been better for us because maybe we wouldn’t have been demoted!

On 22/06/2021 at 16:22, Basement Jack said:

Genuinely hope he gets his act together But based on what he was like with us  they are welcome to him

Genuinely couldn't give a tosss

• Haha 1