Izzy Brown

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I’m still unable to rationalise the kid I watched playing for Huddersfield and the one that arrived at S6. 

He's just the latest in a long line of players to arrive at Hillsborough and see their form fall off a cliff.

We have an amazing ability to identify these players.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I’m still unable to rationalise the kid I watched playing for Huddersfield and the one that arrived at S6. 

I think he's a player who needs to have an arm around his shoulder and made to feel part of the club to perform.

I don't think the situation he had here last season was beneficial to getting anywhere near anything from him.  Plus there was the whole thing with him and Pulis when he was here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's just the latest in a long line of players to arrive at Hillsborough and see their form fall off a cliff.

We have an amazing ability to identify these players.

100%. Which is why nobody should be surprised to see anyone that left here last season do so much better at another club.

Signing individuals as opposed to looking to create a team is a big part of this but there’s more to it in our case.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Was a really weird year for him. 
I lauded him when we signed him but he just never got going. 
There must be something in there surely or he wouldn’t have been at Chelsea. 
Be interesting to see how he goes. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Says more about the club than the player 

Whilst we do have an amazing ability to bring the worst out in players, there's no excusing some of the p*ss-poor performances he put in during his time here. After a promising first few games, he was phoning it in and could barely be bothered to break a sweat for us.

That corner against Rotherham summed up his 'don't give a sh*t' attitude for me.

So no, we clearly didn't bring the best out in an undoubtedly talented player, but he has to take some responsibility, too. When several of his teammates were able to put in a shift and bust a gut for the cause, the fact that he couldn't is largely down to him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Worst player I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt

And let’s face it there’s lots of competition for terrible players over the years but Izzy took it to a whole new level.

We've had much worse than him in our illustrious history

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1