Nixon - Paixao Out?

Sheffield Wednesday are set for a ‘behind-the-scenes shake up’ this summer, according to The Sun on Sunday (20.06.21, pg. 61).

Alan Nixon writes in The Sun on Sunday this morning that Dejphon Chansiri is planning to ‘change his regime’ this summer.

It comes after the Owls suffered relegation  into League One on the back of a torrid Championship season which saw them finish in last-place.

Amid the shake up, Nixon writes how adviser Amadeu Paixao could be the ‘first victim’ after his role in the club’s delayed managerial search earlier in the year.

Elsewhere, Nixon goes on to write how Sheffield Wednesday have paid ‘some of top earners’ their owed wages out of a ‘monthly cheque from the EFL’, with several of those who’ve been waiting on wages having each been handed an £11,000 payment.

But that amount is ‘still well short’ of the money due, Nixon concludes.

https://the72.co.uk/239865/nixon-sheffield-wednesday-heading-for-major-shake-up-with-paixao-facing-axe-update-on-wage-saga/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Sheffield Wednesday are set for a ‘behind-the-scenes shake up’ this summer, according to The Sun on Sunday (20.06.21, pg. 61).

Alan Nixon writes in The Sun on Sunday this morning that Dejphon Chansiri is planning to ‘change his regime’ this summer.

It comes after the Owls suffered relegation  into League One on the back of a torrid Championship season which saw them finish in last-place.

Amid the shake up, Nixon writes how adviser Amadeu Paixao could be the ‘first victim’ after his role in the club’s delayed managerial search earlier in the year.

Elsewhere, Nixon goes on to write how Sheffield Wednesday have paid ‘some of top earners’ their owed wages out of a ‘monthly cheque from the EFL’, with several of those who’ve been waiting on wages having each been handed an £11,000 payment.

But that amount is ‘still well short’ of the money due, Nixon concludes.

https://the72.co.uk/239865/nixon-sheffield-wednesday-heading-for-major-shake-up-with-paixao-facing-axe-update-on-wage-saga/

One down, two to go.

Maybe fan pressure played a bit of a role here. Keep it up.

Now for fundamental change.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

One down, two to go.

Maybe fan pressure played a bit of a role here. Keep it up.

Now for fundamental change.

Well maybe he is learning lessons. Blinking expensive ones mind. 
But hes brought season ticket prices down to what most accept is a reasonable price. 
He’s getting shut of Paxo and “ restructuring the back room which everyone’s asking for. 
it looks as if wages are getting paid in drubs and drabs

Hes selling players for money (joking joking). 

IF he restructures well and allows the manager to manage, them for me there are two more hurdles to overcome: sort out the accounts and tell the fans what’s really happening. Just a press release will do not one of them four hours rambling monologues. Please. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Well maybe he is learning lessons. Blinking expensive ones mind. 
But hes brought season ticket prices down to what most accept is a reasonable price. 
He’s getting shut of Paxo and “ restructuring the back room which everyone’s asking for. 
it looks as if wages are getting paid in drubs and drabs

Hes selling players for money (joking joking). 

IF he restructures well and allows the manager to manage, them for me there are two more hurdles to overcome: sort out the accounts and tell the fans what’s really happening. Just a press release will do not one of them four hours rambling monologues. Please. 

Or maybe sold 3 new season tickets so needs a lamb for fans.

Mk Dons are £10,:free for kids.

Lesson learnt d be returning stadium, writing off  his £78 million loans Chansiri created , then selling up at a reasonable price.

And acting legally with Companies House and  fans.  

More small claims court on line applications for refunds will help bring this about. 

Guest Mcguigan

The pessimist in me thinks that he’s had enough, he’s tried his way and failed miserably. Now he’s like, balls to em, drop the ticket prices, get Paixao out and let them paddle their own canoe.

Likely now we’ll see and hear from him even less (if that’s possible) and he’ll just let the club drift on with very little or even no further investment in the squad, until he can find a buyer.

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

The pessimist in me thinks that he’s had enough, he’s tried his way and failed miserably. Now he’s like, balls to em, drop the ticket prices, get Paixao out and let them paddle their own canoe.

Likely now we’ll see and hear from him even less (if that’s possible) and he’ll just let the club drift on with very little or even no further investment in the squad, until he can find a buyer.

Many signs of this already, he's washed his hands of the club. His kids play toy bores the young un now.

• Like 3

Monthly cheque from the EFL?

So that's possibly why the dribs and drabs in wages is like it is.  I always assumed it was because Chansiri was getting money from Thailand on a monthly basis.

If it's the EFL paying the wages (in form of lending), then it could be even worse than I thought.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Many signs of this already, he's washed his hands of the club. His kids play toy bores the young un now.

Or let’s look at it another way?

We’re now in League 1 rather than the Premier League which was the plan.

So as a result of this the Chairman sees that AP’s advice hasn’t had the desired effect.

AP’s recommendation of both managers and players hasn’t worked and therefore he finally sees that he needs to change his approach?

So I’m going to go out on a limb here and say he’s going to try something different by backing a manager who has a very good reputation in the game and who he’s actually paid compensation for and he’s about to finally take his lead on football decisions.

We might even get a DoF now. I see Dowling has left WBA. Maybe DM will recommend hiring him to DC.

Yes there’s a lot to sort out but I doubt he’s chucking in the towel just yet. This potential new approach and how it goes next season will determine IMO whether he looks to stay on in the long term or get out?

There is also a very good chance that all of the above is b*ll**ks?

• Like 9

Guest Hornsby
32 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Mate, cheer up , this and fan refunds in small claims court is best club news for yonks.

Chansiri regime clearly on brink, forcing sale or Admin..either much better than now.

You can't get decent squad investment with an embargo and even free transfers won't come to get no salary. Ask ya wife.

This is how bad a state we are in.

Assuming the below is true, then unless Chansiri fundamentally alters the way he operates, sidelining Paixao is unlikely to make much difference. It will just mean someone else has to jump through hoops trying to satisfy the chairman's shifting demands.

Sources have labelled Paixao, a former agent, “like a big teddy bear” and rate him highly, with others who have worked with the club saying that he is a “good guy” who works under considerable pressure. He fields calls from Chansiri into the early hours of the morning and has to pivot between transfer targets on the instructions of the owner based on financial decisions and the recommendations of the transfer committee.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Monthly cheque from the EFL?

So that's possibly why the dribs and drabs in wages is like it is.  I always assumed it was because Chansiri was getting money from Thailand on a monthly basis.

If it's the EFL paying the wages (in form of lending), then it could be even worse than I thought.

Would presume the cash flow from the EFL will be in relation to EPL solidarity payments or something of that nature. I.e. monies owed as opposed to borrowed. 

Not that that dilutes the significant concern that we’re having to wait for it to come through and it can’t (by the sounds of it) even clear the salary debts already owed to current and previous employees. 

• Like 2

One of Chansiri’s many faults is that he has no trust in anyone therefore he gives them little autonomy. You have to allow people to do their jobs, and if they prove worthy of the role then all well and good. If not then there’s the door. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

One of Chansiri’s many faults is that he has no trust in anyone therefore he gives them little autonomy. You have to allow people to do their jobs, and if they prove worthy of the role then all well and good. If not then there’s the door. 

Chansiri’s fault is that he has trust in himself.  When the leader is as inept as he is, whoever he employs will just be making up the numbers.