Nixon - Paixao Out?

I always find in interesting when these kind of situations that play out in the media.

Amazing really how someone can go from being the devil incarnate, then actually not bad at all before apparently being turfed out on their ear.

A cynic would say that individuals know what is happening and get the PR system cranking early.

Why do i have this feeling its just a cost cutting exercise and nothing to do with the mistakes that have got us in this position.

Any fans expecting a DOF might be in for a long wait. More likely to get the young YTS kid who works in the club shop Promoted into the role on 17k a year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

The main problem is still here (well, somewhere in Thailand); still hiding, still owing money and seemingly still oblivious that pre season starts in a weeks time and we dont have enough players to put a team out.

:Chansiri:

Remember the last time we tried to find a manager?

It took absolutely months and manager after manager turned us down and refused to come

In the end we did a crazy desperate move for Darren Moore (I like him though - glad he's here)

But yeah - can see the same issue with players

And if they DO come they'll be coming because it will be that or the dole

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby

Only top earners partially paid.

Try to avoid free transfers maybe.

Bet that's gone down well with most of squad.

Guest Mcguigan
43 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Mate, cheer up , this and fan refunds in small claims court is best club news for yonks.

Chansiri regime clearly on brink, forcing sale or Admin..either much better than now.

You can't get decent squad investment with an embargo and even free transfers won't come to get no salary. Ask ya wife.

This is how bad a state we are in.

Ask my wife what? 

Your posts get stranger. 

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine the plot twist if it turns out that Paxo has been the one actually insisting on the more common sense things our club has done the last 5 years and that once he's gone and Channers is free to run riot that things get worse...

But mate, us oldies have all had jobs like that.

Unless on mega wedge or equity, you bail out after 5 months or else CV badly burnt.

Of course, best to try and avoid mad managers or  owners in first place.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I see the illuminati and Quanon are now peddling the view that Paxo is really the hero of the club.  

pagans, the lot of ‘em :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine the plot twist if it turns out that Paxo has been the one actually insisting on the more common sense things our club has done the last 5 years and that once he's gone and Channers is free to run riot that things get worse...

It wouldn't surprise me, nothing would surprise me in regards to DC anymore

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If what Frostick reported last month is true, that may well be the case...

Since 2019, the recruitment team has been made up of David Downes and Dean Hughes, who were brought in by Bruce during his five-month reign. Paixao remains the only identifiable advisor and, like Downes and Hughes, has been described by industry sources as “well-linked” and “skilled”.

Sources have labelled Paixao, a former agent, “like a big teddy bear” and rate him highly, with others who have worked with the club saying that he is a “good guy” who works under considerable pressure. He fields calls from Chansiri into the early hours of the morning and has to pivot between transfer targets on the instructions of the owner based on financial decisions and the recommendations of the transfer committee.

Others describe Paixao as the go-between and a nice guy who understood the scale of the problems but was unlikely to push to change things or ruffle feathers given his position.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But mate, us oldies have all had jobs like that.

Unless on mega wedge or equity, you bail out after 5 months or else CV badly burnt.

Of course, best to try and avoid mad managers or  owners in first place.

Have you overdosed on Sanatogen?

• Haha 2