Nixon - Paixao Out?

I would love a behind the scenes documentary. Netflix style, seeing WhatsApp messages, emails, interviews with agents, players, staff, business associates of DC and of course the gift that is DC.

It would be comedy gold.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I'd go for this one. Though the words would befit any normal club, and Sir, are eloquently written, Thank you.

I am the club, i am not normal :Chansiri:

We also need some players, that would really help lol

Bearing in my I was replying to you and knowing the general mood of some others on here when it comes to DC, I thought I’d cover myself with that last paragraph but hopefully the first part of my post is more right than wrong?

Moore is key for a lot of this to go right IMO?

2 hours ago, bobness said:

I'm not so sure DC listened to Paxo as much as we think.

There's an article which speaks of Paxo pushing DC to sign Petrescu as manager, but DC faffed about for ages, scuppering the deal. 

Good read that.

In recent times there have been a few press articles criticising Paxo (or rather saying that the fans were criticising him and his position in the club)

Season tickets are on sale

It benefits SWFC hugely to be seen as taking action on the things that annoy/upset/anger the fans whilst season tickets are on sale

You don't have to make any changes - you just have to SAY you MIGHT make the changes - for fans to become happier and not demand refunds and instead renew their season tickets

Just saying

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

"sources" describe him as a teddy bear, "others" describe him as a nice guy.

Still nobody explains precicely what he does.

If these sources are players then no wonder they think he is a nice guy, he has helped to get them long contracts on good money at the end of their careers in many cases. 

As a club we have lost multi millions and have had to sell the stadium during his time at the club, mainly as a result of transfer policy and salaries. He has been the main advisor on transfers throughout this time.

Nice bloke though. 

Nobody's disputing that our transfer policy has been shambolic.

But if the article paints an accurate picture, then he's been operating with his hands tied behind his back and is well-aware of the issues at our club, but has had to change targets on Chansiri's whim.

As I said, unless that approach from the chairman changes, then it doesn't matter who's doing his bidding.

The wages issue is the big one. Paying the players £11,000 each  is laughable. That is about 3 days wages for Bannan. If that is the best DC can do we are well and truly screwed.

• Like 2

Just now, prowl said:

The wages issue is the big one. Paying the players £11,000 each  is laughable. That is about 3 days wages for Bannan. If that is the best DC can do we are well and truly screwed.

The fact it's from an EFL Fund is also an issue for me

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Nobody's disputing that our transfer policy has been shambolic.

But if the article paints an accurate picture, then he's been operating with his hands tied behind his back and is well-aware of the issues at our club, but has had to change targets on Chansiri's whim.

As I said, unless that approach from the chairman changes, then it doesn't matter who's doing his bidding.

So he's in a job where he is not valued and has to work with his hands tied.

Yet he is 'well respected' in the industry.

Why hasn't he gone to work elsewhere? 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine the plot twist if it turns out that Paxo has been the one actually insisting on the more common sense things our club has done the last 5 years and that once he's gone and Channers is free to run riot that things get worse...

Yay....careful what you wish for ( I would insert an Eric Morecambe picture if I could)😀

36 minutes ago, Jim said:

Bearing in my I was replying to you and knowing the general mood of some others on here when it comes to DC, I thought I’d cover myself with that last paragraph but hopefully the first part of my post is more right than wrong?

Moore is key for a lot of this to go right IMO?

As Owlstalk said above mate, hopefully, he will be allowed to do his job. And yes Jim, i've always gone along with your posts on here... I'd love it if you are right.

All i want, like most, is the absolute best for the club and fans. Breaks my heart to see it ripped apart by such incompetence. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, prowl said:

Wtf BB is on around £110,000 a month. Me, you or Chansiri are crap at maths

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Wtf BB is on around £110,000 a month. Me, you or Chansiri are crap at maths

If that's true its totally ludicrous and he has to go we could sign 3 or 4 players on loan and still have change. 

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The fact it's from an EFL Fund is also an issue for me

Why?

It could be from an EFL fund like this that was secured to support all clubs as part of the pandemic, many clubs are probably using these type of funds in a similar fashion.

I also doubt the EFL would be dishing out money to us on a whim if they thought that we were in immediate danger of going down the swanny and it would be effectively them just throwing money away.

It doesn't make great reading but its an improvement on not paying them anything I suppose. 

35 minutes ago, prowl said:

How much is Bannan on a month?

Nearly as much as David Jones was by the look of your sums!