Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

53 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Not read every page, so might be repeating something already said, but Paterson apparently broke ranks and handed his notice in last week. That sets the clock ticking. Massive, massive few days ahead. 

Sad news but understandable if so 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

59 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Not read every page, so might be repeating something already said, but Paterson apparently broke ranks and handed his notice in last week. That sets the clock ticking. Massive, massive few days ahead. 

I dare say others will follow him. 

10 hours ago, OneManBand said:

We're gonna get relegated again aren't we.

Said it for weeks, we are the new Bolton 

watch us get thumped every week next season like they did

shipping 4-6 goals per game 

I went on sky bet to get a price for relegation and there isn’t one yet 

I’m laying a tenner to soften the blow 

1 hour ago, dfoster said:

Not read every page, so might be repeating something already said, but Paterson apparently broke ranks and handed his notice in last week. 

This is what I was saying the other day

The damage is done 

Even if the players do eventually get paid they’ll have probably been onto their agents the last few weeks to get them out of this club ASAP 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

Paid by who?

Club , if still exists and new owner would take on.

3 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Would make sense to a degree. Hearts went through similar when he was coming through iirc. Unpaid wages, admin etc.

Aye - very similar scenario ( & scary parallels) although DC comes nowhere near ‘the Russian submarine captain’ in the bampot league ( I sh!t you not !) 😳

-last sighted driving a taxi in Vilnius (Lithuania)

For some (relatively) light relief look up Vladimir Romanov ( not the serial killer; but then again who knows ?)

21 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Aye - very similar scenario ( & scary parallels) although DC comes nowhere near ‘the Russian submarine captain’ in the bampot league ( I sh!t you not !) 😳

-last sighted driving a taxi in Vilnius (Lithuania)

For some (relatively) light relief look up Vladimir Romanov ( not the serial killer; but then again who knows ?)

Ive heard some of Kev Kyle’s stories from his time there 😂 Forcing the players to congratulate the diminutive Romanov on being a Basketball World Champion or something!

13 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Chansiri is obviously an utter disgrace, however as are the EFL. They are allowing these charlatans to buy historically important clubs and run them into the ground. It is atrocious what is being allowed to happen here and elsewhere, with what happened at Wigan even more disgusting than what is happening here. F.uck off Chansiri.

Without wishing to defend the EFL (who have hardly covered themselves in glory over recent years) let’s not forget there are numerous rules and checks in place which our wonderful leader has attempted to circumnavigate using every trick in the book. Maybe selling a stadium to yourself and backdating the payment wasn’t a great idea after all…

I think he’s totally done for and won’t be seen upon these shores again.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Depends if they are limited companies,than i believe much lower,article  in todays Sun about it re the England team

Wouldn't work if they tried that they'd be caught by IR35 and club would have to deduct PAYE anyway.

Basically half of the wage cost goes straight to HMRC for the players

9 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Wouldn't work if they tried that they'd be caught by IR35 and club would have to deduct PAYE anyway.

Basically half of the wage cost goes straight to HMRC for the players

Read the Sun article mate,save us a debate....clearly does work....

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, owlinexile said:

No new owner is going to agree to pay Chansiri rent.  They will need the stadium as part of the deal.

Agree.

Problem is , when club goes under all Administrator has is a lease with S3, not any real power.

Reasons Chansiri separated, FFP apart.

Guest Hornsby
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri is going to sort the finances this week

Hope that includes players salaries, full fan refunds, decent contract to keep best kids, transfer funding for promotion push, liquidity to satisfy auditors, revamp of all commercial side, fair ticket prices and free D Taxis home.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri is going to sort the finances this week

Half the players have now been paid, according to the Talking Wednesday podcast.

Whether he chose to pay those we want to keep so they don't walk away for free, or those with no remaining tires to the club who are more likely to complain to the PFA and hit us with a points deduction, who knows?